Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: JeffsonP

JeffsonP
1 week ago#111
Can someone help me with A LOT of questions? It's about builds. Looks like @Twizted_Jedi is the man when it comes to builds, right? :)

A Fighter 1-10/Warrior 11-200 is a good build to make a good Strider/Ranger Pawn?

A Max Magick Pawn is a good Sorcerer?

A Max Magick Mage Pawn with Legion's Might is a good option?

A Max Magick Arisen can be a good Mystic Knight? (@Darth-Simous told me it isn't optimal, but I want to know if I can beat everything with ease when fully equipped with Goldforged BB lv3 Stuff).

Sword or Mace for MK? I love Staves, but looking at the skillset, a MK with a staff appears to be a really poor choice.

Is there an "average build" that I can use effectively any Vocation (Arisen and Main Pawn)?

What is the Support pawn vocation you like more?

I guess that is all, for now... lol

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to answer me!
"Le plaisir delicieux et toujours nouveau d'une occupation inutile."
PSN ID: JeffsonP (Arisen: Jeffson / Main Pawn: Marcos - Ranger - Lv. 200)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#112
JeffsonP posted...

Can someone help me with A LOT of questions? It's about builds.

Looks like @Twizted_Jedi is the man when it comes to builds, right? :)

Yes, he is indeed, for me at least. I have never met another DD player so far being more into builds, than he is. And i don't tell that, because he is a friend of mine. I will try to give U my own answers, at least.

A Fighter 1-10/Warrior 11-200 is a good build to make a good Strider/Ranger Pawn?

That was Deianira's build - and U tested her as a Strider yourself, although i remember U prefer her more as a Fighter ... For a Strider, yes i can tell U that it is indeed a good build, for a Ranger, U need more Stamina, or Master Rings with Extra Stamina.

A Max Magick Pawn is a good Sorcerer?

If U can give Sorcerers time to cast, they wreck havoc. A MAX MAG Pawn has very low Physical Base Defences (177), low Health ( 3048) & low Stamina (3070). That's the price U have to "pay", for extra power.

A Max Magick Mage Pawn with Legion's Might is a good option?

Legion's Might is when U want to keep your pawn for support, mostly. Still, if U give him-her a couple of High MAG Master Rings, he-she can deal some damage, in the process.

A Max Magick Arisen can be a good Mystic Knight? (@Darth-Simous told me it isn't optimal, but I want to know if I can beat everything with ease when fully equipped with Goldforged BB lv3 Stuff).

No, my friend, Mystic Knight relies mostly on STR, roughly about 60%, and 40% on MAG, as a general estimate. And, if U want to play as MK "up close & personal" - Abyssal Anguish with Eminence e.t.c., U won't be able to do much damage.

Sword or Mace for MK? I love Staves, but looking at the skillset, a MK with a staff appears to be a really poor choice.

Maces mostly, for MK - Virge of Madness & Magebraker. Leave the swords to Fighters & Assassins. U can use the staves on an MK, to cast the awesome High & Grand Sopor - puts some enemies to sleep & the Pawns attack sleeping enemies ferociously !

Is there an "average build" that I can use effectively any Vocation (Arisen and Main Pawn)?

Yes, they are called "Balanced Builds". Twizted can give U more info there.

What is the Support pawn vocation you like more?

U mean general preference to Pawn Vocations ? My favorite - for Pawns - Vocations are: 1st) Strider, 2nd) Sorcerer, 3rd) Fighter.

I guess that is all, for now... lol

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes time to answer me!

Hope these were helpful. Cheers, buddy.
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#113
And, good evening to all. My gals would like to extend their gratitude, regarding the past few days, or so.

Danika thanks dearly:

Arisen: Joshua, Pawn: Meng Shu, PSN: soulxsociety, for: 523,357 RCs, an Angel's Periapt, a BBI Novelty L.3, all 5-Stars Twice, plus the winky comment "I pray we meet again ..."
@jhlax15, thank U once again, kindly, buddy, for the hire & all your comments on PMs. Hope my Lady Sorceress dropped some nukes for U & your team ! Hire returned to Meng. Best Regards.

Deianira also wants to thank jhlax15. In detail: Arisen: Joshua, Pawn: Meng Shu, PSN: soulxsociety, for: 164,218 RCs, a Wakestone, all 5-Stars Ratings, plus the same winky "I pray we meet again ..." comment. Thank U kindly for your trust in both my gals, friend, Deia's hire also returned to Meng yesterday. Cheers !

Deianira also wants to thank my good buddy @Shekhar79 , first & foremost for his "never-ending" trust in her ! And, ofcource, thank U for ALL the amazing comments & kind PMs, my friend ! In detail:

Arisen: Penetrator, Pawn: Femme_Fury, PSN: Shekhar79, for Two Hires: 165,532 + 115,887 RCs, Two (2) Pilgrim's Charms (TKU), all 5-Stars Ratings Twice, plus the praise "You've been raised well !" & comment "Excelled in all regards" for Deia ! Thank U again kindly my friend Shekhar, glad to have helped Team-Femme myself, as well ! I will be helping again tonight with more BBI Mats, as promised. Best Regards !

Also, a Shout-Out to: @Mysticall_Tryne & @Hawk_Of_Light . As i PMed U yesterday, guys, hopefully your pawns are now "richer" in RCs & a couple of BBI Items to boot - Hires would or will come as "Private", as i already mentioned a few posts before. And hopefully, the Rift hasn't "eaten" them, as happening recently - one of the reasons, i mentioned yesterday, that it is important to acknowledge hires. Cheers & enjoy.

Also a shout to @AliceUnchained , hope U R still here & again, as always, i hope your mother is doing great ! Also to @prophet , hey buddy, nice to see U here again, even briefly ! Hopefully things on the PS4 DD are going smoothly ! Cheers, my friend, and regards.

Thanks again to all & keep making NOIZ, people - it already has started again getting quiet !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#114
@JeffsonP

I'm working on a response , I will post shortly .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
1 week ago#115
Just signed in, and Charlie has some folks to thank.

GabrielleCar for the 822.003 RC, Gold Idol, BBA3, BBG3, 5/5/5 ratings, and the "Always a pleasure" compliment.

soulxsociety for the 639,229 RC, BBW3x3, 5/5/5 ratings, and the "Was a vast store of wisdom" compliment.

Shekhar79 for the 72,274 RC, Liquid Vim, 5/5/5 ratings, and the "Employed skills masterfully" compliment.

As always, thank you all for your support. She'll be playing a bit today, but will do much more hires tomorrow.

GabrielleCar - While Charlie would love to return the hire, she simply can't take Celeste with her if she's using High Maelstrom. This is pretty much a "deal-breaker" for me, and many other players as well. Pawns have a tendency to fire this off at the most inopportune times, leaving you blinded, and ineffective, until the storm subsides. I'd suggest looking at the skill sets that some of the other Sorcerers in the Club are using, and use that as a road map as to what you may want her to be using instead.
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)
(edited 1 week ago)

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#116
@JeffsonP

Well thanks for the compliment buddy , But mostly it's just that I've spent way more time than anyone should obsessing over stat planners XD . My buddy Darth already correctly answered these so I will just elaborate mostly .

In response to the Max Strength Question ... Yes that is the classic Max Str Pawn build . It is good for Fighters / Striders not so much for Rangers . In my opinion a Max Strength Pawn build is actually better when leveled from 100 - 200 as a Ranger instead of Warrior . The stat growth is almost exactly the same with one exception... Ranger gives you 1 point of M-Def and 1 point of Def per level . Warrior gives you 2 points of Def per level and no M-Def . Not a big deal if your pawn is wearing level 3 Armor but as far as build goes I think its a better option , Especially if you like to change up attire .

A good alternative to a max Strength build is something like this ...

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af0000004a1000000000000000006400000000

This ^ is a much better build for a Ranger . In place of 16 points of Strength you get 320 points of Stamina . As Darth suggested as a Ranger , Even with a build like this you should probably still equip a high stamina Master Ring or a Savior ring if you incorporate Great Gamble or Comet Shot . You can always replace more pre-100 levels of Warrior with Ranger to build more Stamina in place of Strength Instead of relying on Rings if you wish .

Darth already answered the Max Magic question so I will just give an alternative build .

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af002700000033000000000000000064000000

This build gives you more sturdy caster pawn in place of 166 points of Magic , As Darth said pure Mag pawns have low HP / Stam and Defense . This build is where Strider's balanced stat growth really shines . You might ask why the hell are you starting 1-10 as a Fighter ? Two reasons , First I like to have Sinew as fast as possible on my pawns , In my version of a perfect world no pawn would ever be without it . And Second that 20 point defense stat boost comes in real handy on lower levels . A Caster pawn will break 3k damage fairly easy with 750 mag so the extra 166 points is not really noticeable .

As for the Legions Might I love that staff sooo much , But I feel its best left to low level Mages or support Mages . It is invaluable for a low level Mage like Rayne because damn near everyone in our club has used her as a leveling crutch and taken her to places that no level 36 should really go . For me I switch to a Dominion Claw at higher levels , Once the Mage has good armor and defenses and enough magic to do some offensive damage in BBI . Just my opinion of course , I'd still happily hire a lev 200 Mage with a Legions Might .

Darth answered the Mystic Knight question perfectly imo . Strength over Mag . I do usually carry a Devilsbane as well as a V.O.M only because some enemies seem more resistant to blunt . I haven't tested that so I could be wrong .

continued next post ...
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
(edited 1 week ago)

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#117
Builds , Continued ..

JeffsonP posted...

Yes , As Darth stated a Balanced Build serves as a good " jack of all trades build " . My favorite is nicknamed The 550 . Here is the build ...

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af0000001b3f0000000000010000174c000000

I love this build , It's extremely useful as it allows your Pawn or Arisen for that matter to switch to any role effectively . Your main pawn can round out your party as any vocation you wish so it gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to hiring pawns .

As for " support " pawns , I like them all as long as there good XD ! Any vocation can be awesome provided they have the proper Inclinations , Augments , Skillset , Equipment and Stats . Luckily your not gonna find many crappy pawns in the OPSC .The Rift however is another matter entirely !! :0
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Hawk_Of_Light

Hawk_Of_Light
1 week ago#118
Yeah @DARTH-SIMOUS i saw your gifts and the over +800k RC, and the 5/5/5 rates thanks for that.

@CJCHARTIER as i stated, i don't really care if someone hire my pawn, maelstrom works for me and i'm going to use what suit me. Thanks anyways.
PSN: GabrielleCar
Currently: Sorcerer LV 28. Named: Celeste

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#119
prophet posted...
Twizted_Jedi posted...
Speaking of @prophet -- PING ! Its been to long ...Come say hi .

Took me three days... I would be the worst companion to summon during battle.

I hópe everyone is doing well!
I'm off to stay with relatives for a week (quick, someone hospitalize me!) On the plus side, I'm seeing my favorite band, The Dear Hunter. At the same venue that almost killed me in 2012 (true story).

With luck I'll be back in Gransys before Christmas. Idris is a Sagittarius, so this works out well for his rebirth :D

Lol ..Damn good to hear from you buddy , Didn't really expect an immediate response ..Everyone has RL to deal with :) Here's hoping the visit with your relatives goes well and that concert is an event to remember ... In a good way this time , You must tell me that story someday .

Looking forward to taking Idris for a spin in my limited playtime .. If all works out for you . Anyway I wish you a great vacation my friend .

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
1 week ago#120
Hawk_Of_Light posted...
@CJCHARTIER as i stated, i don't really care if someone hire my pawn, maelstrom works for me and i'm going to use what suit me. Thanks anyways.

Noted.
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.