Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: JeffsonP

JeffsonP
1 week ago#121
Wow. Thanks @Darth-Simous @Twizted_Jedi for the answers! Loved that 550 build!

Can you give me the "perfect" Mystic Knight build?

I will try to play a MK in the future.

And another questions:
Why Dragon's Roost instead of Dread Aspis?

A Max Str Pawn is a good partner for a MK Arisen? Another good suggestion of Pawn for a MK Arisen, please?

Why BB enemy pawns can be MA and ours pawns can't? That's unfair. :(

Edit: I said I liked Deianira as fighter because I wanted to have one Pawn of every vocation color! xD
"Le plaisir delicieux et toujours nouveau d'une occupation inutile."
PSN ID: JeffsonP (Arisen: Jeffson / Main Pawn: Marcos - Ranger - Lv. 200)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#122
JeffsonP posted...

That my friend is a loaded question , I don't know . I personally like to play MK best on my Balanced 550 Arisens With Strength augments plus Acuity and Bloodlust but there are a bunch of different ways to play that vocation . Frankly @Darth-Simous can probably give you a better in depth view of Augments and stuff . He really likes to play MK .

It would seem to me that the balanced build would best lend itself to MK with Great Cannon and all but possibly a build that has a bit more strength than mag would be good as well . maybe like 600/500 or 650/450 . I'm not totally sure I haven't played a whole lot of MK on my high Str accounts .

JeffsonP posted...

And another questions:

Because it rules ... That is all :)

Just kidding .. kinda .... Not really . The Dragons Roost is really strong .. Staggers enemies with its lightning enchantment upon perfect block and Inflicts Lowered Strength both from a PB or Cymbal Onslaught . Lowered Strength is a flag on Golden /Silver Knights and Griffins. Although I'm not sure its a necessary flag for Griffins .. Regardless that shield is just bad ass !

The Dread Aspis is just really strong . Really a no brainer for me and most other people with Fighter pawns .

JeffsonP posted...
A Max Str Pawn is a good partner for a MK Arisen? Another good suggestion of Pawn for a MK Arisen, please?

Hmmm .. I dunno , It might depend on how you play your MK honestly . As I said I most commonly play MK as Sable one of my Balanced Arisen's and her main pawn Athena is also balanced so I can and have changed her to whatever I need . Versatility is kinda awesome .

A lot of this depends on if you play a more Melee or Magic based MK or an equal mix of both .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
1 week ago#123
Have a few hires to report and thank kind folks for

OPSC member(s) ...

--------- --------------- ---------------
- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 479,479 RC, Sorcerer's Quartz, Daimon's Claw, Daimon's Horn, Vile Wakestone, Violet Carapace, Abyssal Eye, Corrupt Remains, Ruinous Relic, Ox Horn, Bloodied Chain, Sinister Hide, Sinister Fang, Beastial Eye, Blue Iron Buckles, Macabre Eye, Cyclops Fang, Rugged Femur, Fae-Silver Plate, Phantom Orb, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again!

- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 425,626 RC, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, (x10), 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again!

- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 203,525 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and You've been raised well!

@Darth-Simous, each and every day (and many many times during each day)! My Thanks...and gratitude at all your help and assistance. Some of my equipment has been upgraded thanks to the materials you sent across buddy. Also, thanks to your kind advice, I started farming the offline UR-Dragon for xp & cash. It is indeed an epic battle! Even though it's one sided (in my favour that is...xD). And now for the first time since starting the game, I am RICH..!! :)
P.S. I love the last compliment on your last hire. 'Tis the first time Femme got it!
- @JeffsonP (pawn Marcos) for 1,000,000 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.2, (x2), 5/5/5 ratings and Always a pleasure.
- @JeffsonP (pawn Marcos) for 236,250 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, (x4), 5/5/5 ratings and It has been a pleasure.
@JeffsonP, really thank you much for all the hires. Very much appreciated.

- @Hawk_Of_Light | GabrielleCar (pawn Luna) for 21,854 RC, Gold Idol, Saurian Sages, 5/5/5 ratings and My thanks.
- @Hawk_Of_Light | GabrielleCar (pawn Luna) for 57,279 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and My thanks.

@Hawk_Of_Light, Thanks very much for your hires and the items. I have Celeste with me currently for Cursed Dragon runs. I will release her later. She is definitely very feisty for a level 36 ATM...xD
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Building her up)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#124
JeffsonP posted...
Wow. Thanks @Darth-Simous @Twizted_Jedi for the answers! Loved that 550 build!

I will try to play a MK in the future.

And another questions:

Why BB enemy pawns can be MA and ours pawns can't? That's unfair. :(

Edit: I said I liked Deianira as fighter because I wanted to have one Pawn of every vocation color! xD

@JeffsonP , hey, buddy, U R welcome, always glad to help a bit. Twizted already replied to these. I can give U a few "bits & pieces". First of all, I am no Ghost of Kirin, i consider him a True Master of DD & one of the Best DD Players EVER, period . It was his vids - and Jon Gonzalles' Vids - , when i first started playing a year ago, that had me "hooked" to the MK Vocation ... Check his YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MurtonVonGhingerhaus/featured

Various players, as well as Karathrax, have suggested various builds, regarding Mystic Knight, as in this older thread - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/67851323 -

For me, as @Twizted_Jedi knows my "habits" in-game, it's all about power, and all the rest come afterwards. That means MIN-MAX Builds, as they are called. For Mystic Knight - my next Arisen (Spoiler !), i will go with:

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000000000005a00000000000064000000

1-10: Fighter, 11-100: Assassin, 101-200: Sorcerer. The reason for this is simple. U can get the best 60-to-40% STR to MAG, generally accepted working best for Mystic Knight. That goes - firstly - for the Great Cannon, to be able to deal the most possible damage - per average. Keep this in mind: Every enemy in the game has different resistances to Physical & to Magical Attacks (thresholds). A good Mystic Knight can tackle EVERY enemy in the game, as long as u know what U R doing with the Vocation.

Also, Mystic Knight Shields are Dual-Stat - STR & MAG - Weapons, by default. That means U need High STR & High MAG again, to fully-utilize them. Reposting (Blocking) with MK Shields is not the same as normal Shields, MK Shields inflict way more damage, plus a bunch of other Skills U can use. The List is long... I can give U Skills and Augments Set-ups for Mystic Knight, if-when needed.

Dragon's Roost is my personal selection, even on Deianira who is MAX STR (for a Pawn). Twizted already mentioned it's advantages above. Just want to add that Lowered Strength is amazingly how overlooked it is, as a Debilitation to inflict. I have test it myself, and frankly, most strong foes on BBI, can get inflicted with LS. This gives U a HUGE advantage, when U have Casters on your team - and not only - because they won't take much damage, when getting hit.

As for a good Pawn Build for an MK Arisen, NO, i wouldn't suggest a MAX STR Pawn. On the contrary, i would go with a High MAG Pawn, like Danika is. The reason is - again - the MK's Great Cannon: Many of the Sorcerer's Skills "fire" the Great Cannon Orbs, like Fulmination, Maelstrom, Magic Agent e.t.c. U won't believe what happens, when Orbs fly all around ... XD

Yes, some corrupted pawns are MAs, but only use Hunter Bolts, anyway, no big deal. I think there were "hacked" pawns in the past, as MAs, but caused game-crushes...

And, yes, U were very right about Deianira & Marcos being a different vocation color in the same team, it was more effective !

Cheers, my friend !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#125
Shekhar79 posted...
Have a few hires to report and thank kind folks for

OPSC member(s) ...

- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 479,479 RC, Sorcerer's Quartz, Daimon's Claw, Daimon's Horn, Vile Wakestone, Violet Carapace, Abyssal Eye, Corrupt Remains, Ruinous Relic, Ox Horn, Bloodied Chain, Sinister Hide, Sinister Fang, Beastial Eye, Blue Iron Buckles, Macabre Eye, Cyclops Fang, Rugged Femur, Fae-Silver Plate, Phantom Orb, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again!

- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 425,626 RC, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, (x10), 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again!

- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 203,525 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and You've been raised well!

@Darth-Simous, each and every day (and many many times during each day)! My Thanks...and gratitude at all your help and assistance. Some of my equipment has been upgraded thanks to the materials you sent across buddy. Also, thanks to your kind advice, I started farming the offline UR-Dragon for xp & cash. It is indeed an epic battle! Even though it's one sided (in my favour that is...xD). And now for the first time since starting the game, I am RICH..!! :)
P.S. I love the last compliment on your last hire. 'Tis the first time Femme got it!

@Shekhar79 , U R & always will be welcome, my friend ! (See what i did there? Star Trek & Dragon's Dogma All-In-One !!! XD). Really glad Femme got the Hires & the Items-RCs, inspite of numerous Server Hiccups lately ... Also, really glad for your amazing comments & PMs, man, much obliged as always . Really glad to see Femme becoming a GREAT Pawn... i will be sending the rest of the BBI Mats needed over the weekend. The Offline UR is indeed an Enemy to test your skills, set-ups & stuff. And, ofcource, selling his drops & loot, U can get HUGE Cash & QUICK, every time !

An honor it is, my friend, no BS-Talk here. Cheers & Best Regards !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#126
Darth-Simous posted...
Various players, as well as Karathrax, have suggested various builds, regarding Mystic Knight, as in this older thread - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/67851323 -

For me, as @Twizted_Jedi knows my "habits" in-game, it's all about power, and all the rest come afterwards. That means MIN-MAX Builds, as they are called. For Mystic Knight - my next Arisen (Spoiler !), i will go with:

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000000000005a00000000000064000000

1-10: Fighter, 11-100: Assassin, 101-200: Sorcerer. The reason for this is simple. U can get the best 60-to-40% STR to MAG, generally accepted working best for Mystic Knight. That goes - firstly - for the Great Cannon, to be able to deal the most possible damage - per average. Keep this in mind: Every enemy in the game has different resistances to Physical & to Magical Attacks (thresholds). A good Mystic Knight can tackle EVERY enemy in the game, as long as u know what U R doing with the Vocation.

Hahaha .. I swear its like you hacked my PC and went through my bookmarks lately ! XD .... Or your doing that Jedi mind trick again , Get outta my head dude !!! .. It's dangerous in there :)

Sorc-sin Build's ! Man I love those .. I can't remember if Kara started calling them that or if someone else did . In any case it sounds much better than Sor-Ass ! XD

Honestly builds don't get more simple than that . Really great for power leveling too , You can level like a boss , Without stressing about catching unwanted levels .

Also , If you don't mind leveling different vocations a couple times , Builds like these are really easy to tweak to whatever you need . For example .. If you like Darth's great Sorc-sin plan above , But maybe your not as good at PBs as Darth so you need a little more HP , But don't want your Str or Mag to dip below 650/550 ,You can do this ..

https://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af0001000c0000004d00000000000061000300

All we did was move a few levels around and grab 12 lev of Warrior and 1 level of Strider .. custom tailoring is as easy as that .

For me personally I like having some levels from other vocations along the way . I always have 4 Rings of Perseverance before I even start my questing . So Having those 12 levels of Warrior to pick up Ferocity and Clout is no problem .

The point here is that it is a really easy to research Stat Growth and play around with Stat Planners to come up with some really cool builds . I encourage you players that are new to the game to give it a try .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

Twizted_Jedi
1 week ago#127
Darth-Simous posted...
As for a good Pawn Build for an MK Arisen, NO, i wouldn't suggest a MAX STR Pawn. On the contrary, i would go with a High MAG Pawn, like Danika is. The reason is - again - the MK's Great Cannon: Many of the Sorcerer's Skills "fire" the Great Cannon Orbs, like Fulmination, Maelstrom, Magic Agent e.t.c. U won't believe what happens, when Orbs fly all around ... XD

A really good point , And I daresay you'll never be disappointed with a good High Mag Caster at your side . Plus if for any reason you don't feel like using the MK's buffs , You have your trusty Facemelter to buff for you .

User Info: Kirschan

Kirschan
1 week ago#128
Sebastian thanks @Darth-Simous for two more rents:
(PSN: Darth-Simous / Pawn: Danika) 363150rc, BBI Weapon Lvl 3, 5/5/5, and "Always a pleasure."
(PSN: Darth-Secundus / Pawn: Deianira) 1000000rc, BBI Gear Lvl 3, 5/5/5, and "Always a pleasure."

Ezra thanks:

@cjchartier
(PSN: CanadaChris63D / Pawn: Charlie) 114078rc, Laurel Circlet(*), Twisted Leathers(DF), Silver Chestplate(DF), Fetid Gallstone, Rugged Femur, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, knowledge for: drakes, gorecyclops, Cursed Dragons, unfamiliar foeX7, unfamiliar location x1, 5/5/5, and "Was an invaluable asset."

@Gundam_God
(PSN: Kenshin1985 / Pawn: Robin) 140099rc, Ring of Gules, Ring of Pearl, Ancient Circlet(DF), Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, knowledge for: golems, hydras, drakes, skeleton brutes, gorecyclops, cursed dragons, unfamiliar foe x13, unfamiliar location x1, 5/5/5, and "All the best to you."

@Darth-Simous
(PSN: Darth-Secundus / Pawn: Deianira) 708846rc, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, 5/5/5, and "Always a pleasure."

Thanks a bunch everyone!
PSN: pyroette - Pawn: Sebastian - Level 200 Ranger
PSN: endyuro - Pawn: Ezra - Level 50 Sorcerer

Shekhar79
1 week ago#129
I'd like to thank fellow OPSC member(s) ...

------------------------- ------------------------------
- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 1,000,000 RC, Elder Ogre Fang, Banshee Locks, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and Always a pleasure.
- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for Elder Ogre Claw, Poxy Flesh, Bright Amber Scale, Firedrake Fang, Bright Azure Scale, Frostwyrm Scute, Bright Virid Scale, Thunderwyvern Horn, Supple Dragon Pelt, Warmonger's Horn, 5/5/5 ratings and 'Tis an honor.
- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 1,000,000 RC, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and 'Tis an honor.

@Darth-Simous - as always, your generosity and thoughtfulness is incomparable. I've never seen anyone go so far to help fellow gamers! I tip my hat to you kind Ser!
- @Kirschan | pyroette (pawn Sebastian) for 65,653 RC, Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and My thanks. Thank you for accepting my FR, I will return the hire today!
- @Hawk_Of_Light | GabrielleCar (pawn Gabriel) for 79,981 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and Always a pleasure. Thank you very much!
- @JeffsonP (pawn Marcos) for 57,481 RC, Golden Egg, No Honor Among Thieves, 5/5/5 ratings and I'd have your pawn again! @JeffsonP, thanks to this hire, Femme_Fury returned with knowledge on one stupid side quest that was bugging me all this while as to why I havent't got it (till I read the Wikia, that is)!

@Twizted_Jedi, when I saw your responses to @JeffsonP's on stats planning, I remembered my panic episode...xD. Thanks bro, Femme is much better now following your re-planned build. You are the man when it comes to builds!!

Folks, I have a question - I see many pawns wearing Dragonblood ring (which increases many resistances). Is it better to farm Everfall where the drop rate as per wiki is 2% or should I get it from The Black Abbey (post-Daimon)?

Shekhar79
1 week ago#130
Guess how I got my question answered - I got me a shiny Dragonblood ring! Thanks to @Hawk_Of_Light for this. I owe you like I owe so many on these forums! And thanks for BBI Gear Lv.3, I need to get myself some awesome Master Ring! Thanks.

@Hawk_Of_Light | GabrielleCar (pawn Gabriel) for 564,798 RC, Dragonblood, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3 and 5/5/5 ratings

Considering the weekend, the forum is quite quiet today!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.