Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
1 week ago#151
JeffsonP posted...
Yesterday I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, it is good so far (only hate that they don't let me invert the camera). And since I can equip 2 different weapons, I'm using a Staff and a Bow! (MA FTW lol)

One of my ATF's. I loved being able to custom-create my own gear. Nice variety of enemies, and controls were very tight. Wish I'd never sold my copy.
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#152
JeffsonP posted...
@Darth-Simous
When I said I thought the post-game to be different, I meant I thought it was a "truly post-game", like being able to load the game after defeating the final boss and being before of point of no return. But instead I was forced to start NG+. (But I kinda understood why, in the ending of my 2nd playthrough).

@Twizted_Jedi
Yeah, I will probably do another playthrough only in the PS4 version. (And I'll probably make my Arisen a Sorcerer/MA again, and my Main Pawn a Strider/Ranger. lol)

I played a little as MK (on my MAX MAG Arisen) and was just checking the skills, the movements and so while killing oxen and goblins.
MK is "much" physical to my liking, I prefer using magicks. And, maybe it is just me but, it feels a little slow. At least that Great Cannon looks amazing! (Watched some videos of the YouTube channel Darth mentioned and it is even more amazing than I imagined!) But, in the end, I prefer playing with a (more) magick oriented vocation.

@Shekhar79
Yeah, Diablo is a really good franchise (loved playing Diablo I in the PS1 with my friends back in the day). But I'll play it way more slower than normal because I decided to play it from beginning to end using local multiplayer (just like before!!)

---

Yesterday I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, it is good so far (only hate that they don't let me invert the camera). And since I can equip 2 different weapons, I'm using a Staff and a Bow! (MA FTW lol)

@JeffsonP , hey buddy, now i understood what U meant about Post-Game .... yes, indeed, if i had known U meant Post-Game "Vs" New Game Plus - or future playthroughs - those are indeed different, and i would have pointed out some of the differences.

DD indeed "forces" U to make some decisions, without knowing in advance what will happen & unfortunatelly without "forgiving" the player. That's why i always advise to keep your Save-File backed-up - with the risk of having your Account temporarily "rocked", if U gift pawns before & after your revert your Game state.

Mystic Knight is a "Tank" (slow) Vocation, but has many-many skills to keep U occupied, if U dig into it. And, yes, it takes time getting used to it, but IMO it is a very rewarding Vocation & never boring to play with !

I played Kingdoms of Amalur before starting DD, sometime in early 2016. It is a good game & although it has many similarities with DD, it has huge differences as well. But, i can tell U right away that after finishing it once, most likely U won't be picking it up again for another or more playthroughs, unlike DD and it's "Infinite Replayability".

Anyway, good to see U here, as usual, man, don't be a stranger, as they say ! Best Regards.
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
(edited 1 week ago)

cjchartier
1 week ago#153
Darth-Simous posted...
I played Kingdoms of Amalur before starting DD, sometime in early 2016. It is a good game & although it has many similarities with DD, it has huge differences as well. But, i can tell U right away that after finishing it once, most likely U won't be picking it up again for another or more playthroughs, unlike DD and it's "Infinite Replayability".

This is true, although I did enjoy playing it through again from time to time. The 2 DLC's are worth playing as well. Unfortunately, the studio that created the game (Big Huge Games) went bankrupt a few years after it was released. It would have been nice to see a sequel for the game. Then again, it'd be nice to see a sequel to DA as well. (We can hope.)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#154
cjchartier posted...
Darth-Simous posted...

This is true, although I did enjoy playing it through again from time to time. The 2 DLC's are worth playing as well. Unfortunately, the studio that created the game (Big Huge Games) went bankrupt a few years after it was released. It would have been nice to see a sequel for the game. Then again, it'd be nice to see a sequel to DA as well. (We can hope.)

Yes, the Expansion DLCs were good, indeed, although i cannot express a detailed opinion regarding them, because at the time, i didn't bought them. But i know they indeed added a good value to the overall game experience, like providing Flawless Damaging components for duplicating e.t.c.

Also, i know about the game's backstory - 38 Studios, owned by former baseball pitcher Curt Schilling, quote from Wiki - e.t.c. e.t.c. KOA was indended to be a MMORPG at first, but due to lack of funds, besides other matters, ended as a Single Player Action-Adventure-RPG, but still had a lot of unfinished in-game aspects.

And, yes i agree, it would have been nice to see sequels to both games, especially to DD, but CAPCOM and their "Re-skinned" games BS "policy" (Street Fighter, anyone ?) wouldn't do DD2 much justice, IMHO. Instead, they created the crappy DD Online, for anybody (Japanese, anyway) interested ....
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

cjchartier
1 week ago#155
Darth-Simous posted...
And, yes i agree, it would have been nice to see sequels to both games, especially to DD, but CAPCOM and their "Re-skinned" games BS "policy" (Street Fighter, anyone ?) wouldn't do DD2 much justice, IMHO. Instead, they created the crappy DD Online, for anybody (Japanese, anyway) interested ....

Nail. On. The. Head.

cjchartier
1 week ago#156
Charlie would like to thank Shekhar79 for the 508,113 RC, Liquid Vim, 5/5/5 ratings, and the "Excelled in all regards" compliment.

She has released Elza and Femme_Fury (who underwent a vocation change since I picked her up). Hopefully they picked up some RC and knowledge while in her care. We did a Daimon and Midnight Helix run, with some Everfall thrown in as well. Even defeat the UR-Dragon (offline) while we were at it. Good times.

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
1 week ago#157
I'd like to thanks OPSC member(s) ...

- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 1,000,000 RC, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and Always a pleasure.
- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for Banshee Locks, Banshee Larynx, Siren Patagium, Siren Tailfin, Strigoi Barb, Bloodred Crystal, Infernal Hide, Harpy Cloak, Iron Bandings, Brigandine Jerkin, Crimson Stone, 5/5/5 ratings and Always a pleasure.
- @Darth-Simous | Darth-Secundus (pawn Deianira) for 1,000,000 RC, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, (x3), Bloodred Crystal, Nightfall Cresset (x5), Maleficent Heart Shard, (x5), 5/5/5 ratings and Actively battled foes.

@Darth-Simous, thanks mate for helping with the materials needed to GForge most of my stuff. It was your gifted BBI Gear Lv. 3 (the only one I had that got me the Ranger band with cutting wind / hunfred kisses skill upgrade). Femme is adequately equipped now, will be upgrading to Oblivion set as and when I get them. Also, thanks for advice on skills that consume low stamina. Femme was guzzling mushrooms and now she is alright and still packs quite a punch. I bought the secret of metamorphosis and look forward to speaking to you on that further.
-------------------------------------------------

- @cjchartier | CanadaChris63D (pawn Charlie) for 184,266 RC, Putrid Dragon Scale, Wyvern's Tear, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, The Everfall, 5/5/5 ratings and Offered precision support.

@cjchartier, I did many initial BBI area runs with Charlie. I was hoping that she got some beastiary knowledge out of it. Well, no worries, since she is a fantastic pawn which slo-mos most enemies (and is aggressive too), she will be on my team as often as possible. Femme got 3rd star for The Everfall and said "I've learnt new techniques against that foe, but none of the stars updated. Maybe some flags got checked off, so it's nice too.
-------------------------------------------------

@JaySnow42, I have had Elza in my party since yesterday. It was to offset the xp loss in hiring a higher level pawn (@Darth-Simous pawn Deianira). Must say she is super aggressive and actively battles foes. I keep her well stocked with curatives so she doesn't mind charging up ahead! I would hope her travels with me results in good RCs and many beastiary knowledge (we battled Hydras, Gorechimeras, Elder Ogres, Garms, Wyrms, Liches, Condemned Gorecyclops, Cursed Dragons etc). Try to make a note of what knowledge she got (if possible). Hope Femme helps you in your travels with her vocation change mate. Cheers!

Thanks and see you all in Gransys again!
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Building her up)
(edited 1 week ago)
Sorry about taking so long to respond, real life issues had cropped up.

Anyways let's begin.

Thank you to Chris/CanadaChris63D for the hire. 87522 rc, bbarmor lvl3, bbweapon lvl 3, an Orilux shield and full 5 star rating. Thanks allot :)
Also came with a comment: oft aided the party.
He's been bouncing Nexus as an inclinations lately. Thx for the beasiary knowledge.

More to come, doing this on my phone.
PSN: Mystic_Trine Arisen name: Gryndll
Pawns name: Granz Level 170 Strider

cjchartier
1 week ago#159
Shekhar79 posted...
@cjchartier, I did many initial BBI area runs with Charlie. I was hoping that she got some beastiary knowledge out of it. Well, no worries, since she is a fantastic pawn which slo-mos most enemies (and is aggressive too), she will be on my team as often as possible. Femme got 3rd star for The Everfall and said "I've learnt new techniques against that foe, but none of the stars updated. Maybe some flags got checked off, so it's nice too.

No worries, and thank you for the hire. Charlie needs to get some specific flags on CD's, and it's a PITA. For the Cyclops and Gorecyclops, I think there are specific flags she needs for those as well. Pyre Saurians are just kill-counts at this point, I think.

The "new techniques" may have come from the UR-Dragon, if she hadn't fought it much before. Otherwise, we hit several different chambers in the Everfall, so your guess is as good as mine as to what else it could be.

She plays very well with Charlie, and she'll be hiring her again soon. (BTW - I love the "slo-mo" too. She seems to induce it on a fairly regular basis.)

cjchartier
1 week ago#160
Mysticall_Tryne posted...
Thank you to Chris/CanadaChris63D for the hire. 87522 rc, bbarmor lvl3, bbweapon lvl 3, an Orilux shield and full 5 star rating. Thanks allot :)
Also came with a comment: oft aided the party.
He's been bouncing Nexus as an inclinations lately. Thx for the beasiary knowledge.

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help out, and will hire Gryndll again soon. Feel free to send Charlie a FR, as a reminder.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.