Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#21
JeffsonP posted...
What's the Hydra Barrel toss anyway? lol
I don't know why, but I thought it was to see it "climbing" that wood tower!! lol
But now it sounds like throwing powder barrels into it or see it throwing at us...

And I was thinking of not doing anymore a HMR till finishing the game to have access to some post-game/NG+ goodies. :)

Explaining the barrel toss and the whole HMR trick to get it would take more time than I have atm ... Apologies , I'm getting ready to head out of town for the day . If I remember correctly you told me you haven't done much story wise so the only real disadvantage would be resetting BBI , Even then your still pre daimon so thats not a big deal either .

Maybe just hold off until I can better explain it . Or if anyone is brave enough to dig through old threads I have posted it a few times .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#22
JeffsonP posted...
I don't know why, but I thought it was to see it "climbing" that wood tower!! lol
But now it sounds like throwing powder barrels into it or see it throwing at us...

This refers to having the Hydra swallow a tossed barrel, and then exploding it in his throat with a shot from your bow. Needless to say, you'll need to be a Strider, Ranger or Assassin to pull this off.

It's a good idea to remove any weapons from the pawns in your party, as you don't want them taking it out too soon. If you stay away from the Hydra (have your pawns follow you), you'll eventually get a cut scene where a barrel is tossed into the Hydras mouth. At this point, you can shoot the barrel in it's neck, causing the head to explode and trigger the death animation. Mission accomplished.

I believe that pawns need to see this done 3 times total, in order to trigger the flag.
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#23
@Darth-Simous - I wanted to have Charlie check out Deianira, but your account is set to Private.

She's taking Granz and Marcos out for a bit of fun.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#25
cjchartier posted...
JeffsonP posted...

This refers to having the Hydra swallow a tossed barrel, and then exploding it in his throat with a shot from your bow. Needless to say, you'll need to be a Strider, Ranger or Assassin to pull this off.

It's a good idea to remove any weapons from the pawns in your party, as you don't want them taking it out too soon. If you stay away from the Hydra (have your pawns follow you), you'll eventually get a cut scene where a barrel is tossed into the Hydras mouth. At this point, you can shoot the barrel in it's neck, causing the head to explode and trigger the death animation. Mission accomplished.

I believe that pawns need to see this done 3 times total, in order to trigger the flag.

@cjchartier Well done .. Pretty much exactly that ^.

I will add that you don't want your pawns to attack the Hydra at all , So disarm them before you choose the "rest "option from Mercedes . Once the 1st cutscene ends hit the " Come " button and run to the Cassardis gate ( Keeping the pawns near you at all times )and wait there until the Barrel toss cutscene triggers . Then shoot the bulge with a single arrow don't use 5 fold or any skill .

I have had it take up to 7 HMRS for a pawn to gain knowledge but most get it in 2 or 3 . make sure you check how many stars the pawn has before your attempt and after .

K guys gotta go see ya later tonight .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Dukon

Dukon
2 weeks ago#26
Thanks to
@Darth-Simous for 352,557 rc, an ancient circlet, a bitterblack armor lvl 3 all 5 stars and "id have your pawn again" glad to hear of it buddy!
Thanks lad and apologies if anywone has hired my lvl 200 account as i wont be checking it for at least afew days nor will i be online on either one..work is catching up on me XD ill see ya in another few days lads :)
Psn: Dukon_ Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 200
Psn:Dukon_3 Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 70 (main acc)

User Info: JeffsonP

JeffsonP
2 weeks ago#27
@Twizted_Jedi I have some OCD and always watch cutscenes :(
But I'll do some HMR to help! (And try to learn that skipping cutscenes don't ruin the game lol).
My death count 0, brine count 0, imprisoned 0. And only twice a Pawn died and I didn't reset (because I changed screen, the game saved and didn't notice they died). Once Marcos and once Clara (a Pawn I can't send gift or rate, maybe because she is from Vanilla DD?)

@cjchartier oh, thanks that look easy. I did a Google search and found some videos, it was a guy holding the barrel trying to throw at hydra's mouth, I did try doing the same in the Rotunda of Dread, it never open its mouth with range of the throw. :(
EDIT: must be Bow/Longbow? No Magick Bow?

PS: Marcos was cutting it's heads with his bare hands! lol
"Le plaisir delicieux et toujours nouveau d'une occupation inutile."
PSN ID: JeffsonP (Arisen: Jeffson / Main Pawn: Marcos - Ranger - Lv. 200)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#28
JeffsonP posted...

Yeah. Unfortunately Magic Bows won't do the job. BTW - Have Marcos with me right now, and he's proven to be a great companion. We'll see about filling in some more stars on his Bestiary. I'll probably hang on to him until tomorrow, so if there's anything in particular that you'd like me to send him home with, feel free to ask. I'll do what I can.

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#29
Have some wait-time before my appointments so .. JeffsonP posted...
@cjchartier oh, thanks that look easy. I did a Google search and found some videos, it was a guy holding the barrel trying to throw at hydra's mouth, I did try doing the same in the Rotunda of Dread, it never open its mouth with range of the throw. :(

PS: Marcos was cutting it's heads with his bare hands! lol

Oh let me assure you buddy , Looks are deceiving ! Doing the barrel toss legit is the absolute worst rage inducing nightmare ever thought up . I did it for 4 or 5 different pawns way back before I knew about the HMR method . It really sucks !!

The HMR method allows the cutscene to place the barrel in the Hydras mouth so the hard work is already done for you . All you have to do is shoot the bulge . Sorry no you cant use a magic bow .. At least I'm 99% sure you cant :/

As for Marcos climbing and beating on it .. yes that will happen . This is why you must continually call your pawns while running to the gate and once your waiting at the gait .

One of these days I should buy the PS4 version just so I could make a vid on how to do this properly. :)

Gotta say , I'm impressed as hell that you have no deaths or brines and only lost a couple pawns , Especially when we just found out that you needed a Godsbane :) Shows that your pretty smart about saving often.

User Info: JeffsonP

JeffsonP
2 weeks ago#30
Yeah, in almost all games I play, after dying I choose load game instead of retry or continue...
Once I buy a new PS4 (don't have one right now), even though a have a huge backlog, I'll buy DD:DA and play it after I finish FFXII (I LOVE FFXII).

@Shekhar79 @cjchartier
Did it thrice already, no stars for Marcos, can you check your pawns? (I always remeber to release and rest before doing a HMR.)

Edit: 4 times, no star...
"Le plaisir delicieux et toujours nouveau d'une occupation inutile."
PSN ID: JeffsonP (Arisen: Jeffson / Main Pawn: Marcos - Ranger - Lv. 200)
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.