Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159
@Shekhar79 , don't worry one bit, I'm just sorry you lost time and items in the process. I appreciate you taking my girls out. Thanks so much, it's no rush at all. I'd do it myself, but I'm currently farming both BBA3 from Daimon and Fashion Dogma items from the Everfall, and I'm not ready to go into NG+. I'll send you a nice gift basket for your trouble. :)

I have to share an awesome BBI story that just happened. I have @Darth-Simous Deia and Danika with me, and my Arisen is a sorcerer. I'm farming Cursed Dragons to DF some stuff. I drop the rancid bait meat, hop out of the way and drink 4 sal. secrets and 4 tag. miracles. I start casting High Bolide, Danika shouts out "I'll combine my magick with yours". Half-way through the Bolide madness my Dragonpulse Circlet got dragonforged. We killed a CD in ONE double casting of High Bolide along with Dragon's Maw/Tenfold spam. It was beautiful. :D One of the most amazing things I've seen in my over 2 years of playing this game.

P.S. - I'm so happy Danika is a sorcerer again. She was a fantastic fighter, but her as a sorceress just feels right, if that makes any sense. ;)
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 ~ Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/7/8/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
1 week ago#292
@AliceUnchained, no need for anything. I'm good with everything right now! I gotta tell you, farming EF for fashion dogma was 'fun' for me. I did get a grisly boots and dark lorica from there though. I have a question - I've noticed that my hires to you seem to get lost. This has happened 3 times now. I'm curious as to why. I normally release your girl with 1 gift, exit rift, and rest. Then I enter rift and hire another pawn, and release @Darth-Simous ' Deianira. I repeat the process of hiring and releasing Deianira 9 more times while staying in the rift, to make it 10 total hires with Tagilus gifts each time (she's still in pre-game and needs Tagilus to work her magic). Then I exit and rest. Thus in totality, I've hired and gifted 11 times (both yours and Deia's). But Deia's hires go through but not to Ygg or Njorun. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? I'd appreciate the help as returning your help means a lot to me and this manner of gifting 1+10 will continue in near future, so I don't want to screw up.
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)
Shekhar79 posted...
@AliceUnchained, no need for anything. I'm good with everything right now! I gotta tell you, farming EF for fashion dogma was 'fun' for me. I did get a grisly boots and dark lorica from there though. I have a question - I've noticed that my hires to you seem to get lost. This has happened 3 times now. I'm curious as to why. I normally release your girl with 1 gift, exit rift, and rest. Then I enter rift and hire another pawn, and release @Darth-Simous ' Deianira. I repeat the process of hiring and releasing Deianira 9 more times while staying in the rift, to make it 10 total hires with Tagilus gifts each time (she's still in pre-game and needs Tagilus to work her magic). Then I exit and rest. Thus in totality, I've hired and gifted 11 times (both yours and Deia's). But Deia's hires go through but not to Ygg or Njorun. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here? I'd appreciate the help as returning your help means a lot to me and this manner of gifting 1+10 will continue in near future, so I don't want to screw up.

Are you hiring/releasing/gifting once for me, then 10 for Darth BEFORE resting? If so, that's why. You can only hire/release/gift 10 times TOTAL between rests, not 10 per person. You'd have to hire my pawn and release (with gift) once, hire/gift/release Darth's pawn 9 times, then rest, then hire 1 more time. It sounds like this is why the hire is getting lost.

I hope I explained it okay, if you have any questions just ask. :)
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 ~ Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
(edited 1 week ago)

Shekhar79
1 week ago#294
I'm releasing your girl with gift and resting. Then doing hiring/releasing 10 times with Deianira and then resting. Maybe something is getting screwed up with this "1, rest, 10, rest" rhythm. I'll follow your suggestion and do it "1, rest, 9, rest". Hopefully this should sort it out. I apologize for fumbling up with my rents. I'll make it up soon :)

BTW, Is there anything that you don't have on any of your accounts that I can provide?
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)
Shekhar79 posted...
I'm releasing your girl with gift and resting. Then doing hiring/releasing 10 times with Deianira and then resting. Maybe something is getting screwed up with this "1, rest, 10, rest" rhythm. I'll follow your suggestion and do it "1, rest, 9, rest". Hopefully this should sort it out. I apologize for fumbling up with my rents. I'll make it up soon :)

BTW, Is there anything that you don't have on any of your accounts that I can provide?

No need for apologies. Honestly it may be as simple as the rift eating them. I've had it happen when sending stuff to my own accounts, it just never showed up at all. No "Invalid Data", no rocks, nothing. And it may show up in a day or two, I've had that happen too. Who knows, lol? Like I said, I don't mind at all, I just hate that you're losing stuff.

Really, other than that quest knowledge for Njo (No Honor Among Thieves) I can't think of anything. I am thinking about starting a fresh pawn (no rebirth), so if you're still playing then you can help me with knowledge. Is there anything you need? I even have some online Ur stuff if you want some, I used to actively fight Ur back in the day. It's been quite a while though, I got bored with it. Anyone else need some Ur stuff?
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
@Darth-Simous posted...

Arisen: Sjofn, Pawn: Njorun, PSN: AliceUnchained5, for: 432,614 RCs, a Ne'er-Do-Part flower, all 5-Stars Ratings, and the highest praise "Is simply perfect !" .Thank U kindly, @AliceUnchained , for everything & for having Fighter Danika on Team-NJ ! Njorun was also earlier today with us ! I really like her Dual-Stat & Dual-Element Weapon Setup ! And, as always, thank U for our comms !

I meant to comment on this earlier. I'm glad you like her with the dual stat weapons, I do too. She's a big help with living armor after a dose of salo secret, and she's been freezing things nicely for me. Eliminator popsicles, lol. Tyvm for taking her out, and like you said, ty for everything!
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5

Shekhar79
1 week ago#297
@AliceUnchained, thank you for the explanation. I was thinking I was messing up. 'tis a relief! I'll try the new manner of releasing and hope you get the hires. I'm currently with Deia and @Gundam_God 's Robin. I'll pick up Njorun and Ygg tomorrow. I'm yet to meet the Online Ur. Let me attempt him first and if I want something, I know where to ask. Hold onto those items for now, I'd say. At least for immediate future, I'll be playing this insanely addictive game so I'm up for taking your new pawn for adventure. I'll try my best to get her some knowledge for sure!

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#298
AliceUnchained posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
<@AliceUnchained , Lofn's hire was actually to Yggdrasille, no biggie though ! Ygg was once again the Torporing Master on Team-Deia ! When her arrows fly, time stops, simple as that, hehe !!! Best Regards...

LOL, sorry about that. This is what happens when you game while half-asleep. :P

Darth-Simous posted...
my Deia thanks U kindly as well, for having her together with her sister Danika ! I really hope the Darth Sisters were good company to NJ ! Speaking of her, she was indeed with both my gals over the weekend. I will be teaming Sif with Danika soon, as promised, and the other Unchained Sisters with Dan, as well, the following days ! BTW, NVM the "trolling hire" NJ got above^, some folks never grow up, mentally or otherwise ... Kind Regards.

As always your girls were loads of fun, destroying everything in their path while lookin' gorgeous. :D Sif is thrilled, let me know how she does since I changed up her skillset a bit. I'm very happy with Sif, she's one of the pawns I'm the most proud of. She has 800 mag. so she's a toughie as well.

Thank U @AliceUnchained , for your non-stop amazing comments for my gals ! U know how much i love casters :-) I have been meaning to team-up Sif with Danika for quite some time, now, TBT ... I will sure let U know in details, after a good BBI wrecking stroll with my Dan ! And, i indeed remember that 800 MAG of hers !

Yeah, I didn't let it bother me, it's just been a while since I had a trolly hire. Speaking of trolling hires, you wanna hear about some funny ones I used to get? My old pawn Lenneth used to get hired daily by a private acct who would always rate her well and send her back tons of RC, but she also always came back totally nude except one thing - silk lingerie. She came back every day wearing nothing but a thong, ha-ha! @RgXmr called the renter the "lingerie casanova". XD

Damn, haha, i sure would love to see @Twizted_Jedi comment on this one ...XD ! Can't say i remember Lenneth's looks, but i bet she was on par with the rest of her sisters ! At least, her wardrobe was full ! Damn, i miss @RgXmr ' s presence & stories here, Anelotte & Marnie ! I hope they have a good time on the PS4 DD ...

Also, I just noticed Njorun has full knowledge (minus the seneschal which I don't care about) except for one quest - No Honor Among Thieves - it's only 2 starred. If anyone happens to be near the quest would you mind taking Njorun along? Tyvm! I'll give some good gifts in return.

I have been meaning to resume Deia's questing soon. If nobody beats me to it, i sure will take NJ with !

EDIT - I just checked in with Yggdra (I think this was the hire, the other one was for Lofn) and she and I thank @Darth-Simous for an RC bomb, blessed flower, 5/5/5, employed skills masterfully. Tyvm! :D

My apologies this time 2 U, Alice ! I indeed had hired Lofn a few days back, as i did with all Unch.Sisters, with RC Bombs & Blessed Flowers. Glad to hear that Ygg's last hire went through !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
(edited 1 week ago)

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#299
Shekhar79 posted...
@AliceUnchained, I hired all your girls last few days, last being Njorun who was released alongwith @Darth-Simous 's Danika yesterday. Sucks that hires to Njorun and Ygg got lost...No worries, since I love your girls on my team, I'll more than happily make up for it. Regarding Njorun's 3 star, if you can wait, I will be running through campaign once more as I need that stupid 3rd star as well. But it'll be in some time from now. I'll be sure to check with Njorun prior to making that journey in case she's not received it by then from other kind folks here.

@Shekhar79 , don't worry my friend, i indeed remember Femme is missing that quest, as well. As i just mentioned to @AliceUnchained, i will take NJ & Femme with Deia for that Quest ! Cheers, bud !

@Darth-Simous, bro the feeling of actually giving you something that you didn't have with 1000s of hours into this game is an amazing one. I farmed like a mad man on that Tower of Treason chest and praying and hoping that you didn't have it at least on Deia's account. I'm glad to have done a miniscule bit to repay you for all the help over the past few months. Now I need to figure out what does @AliceUnchained and @Twizted_Jedi want that they don't already have yet! :)

Shek, thank U again kindly my friend, for the Berserkins ! BTW, as i mentioned in our PMs, if U need your own Beserkins to be DForged, just let me know ! I will be happy to change Deia back to Sorceress, in order to be able to equip them ! Also, many thanks once more for the non-stop Tagilus's Miracles crazy gifting, my friend ! And, regarding the Online UR-Dragon, Deianira won't be much use on him, my friend ...

Sorcerers - as Danika - and Striders are the best pawn choices for the Online UR. Speaking of the UR, I will be taking Femme along some time in the following days, trying to get the Staggering Flag, as already mentioned & promised, thus hopefully to get her DragonKin 3-Starred. Stay tuned, my friend, as they say !
(edited 1 week ago)

Darth-Simous
1 week ago#300
AliceUnchained posted...
@Shekhar79 , don't worry one bit, I'm just sorry you lost time and items in the process. I appreciate you taking my girls out. Thanks so much, it's no rush at all. I'd do it myself, but I'm currently farming both BBA3 from Daimon and Fashion Dogma items from the Everfall, and I'm not ready to go into NG+. I'll send you a nice gift basket for your trouble. :)

I have to share an awesome BBI story that just happened. I have @Darth-Simous Deia and Danika with me, and my Arisen is a sorcerer. I'm farming Cursed Dragons to DF some stuff. I drop the rancid bait meat, hop out of the way and drink 4 sal. secrets and 4 tag. miracles. I start casting High Bolide, Danika shouts out "I'll combine my magick with yours". Half-way through the Bolide madness my Dragonpulse Circlet got dragonforged. We killed a CD in ONE double casting of High Bolide along with Dragon's Maw/Tenfold spam. It was beautiful. :D One of the most amazing things I've seen in my over 2 years of playing this game.

@AliceUnchained , always good to read DD stories, hehe ! One time, we were on the Sparyard, dispatched the two Dire Dragons there - Alice, remember when U, me & Twisted were talking about "Silly casters", who climb Dire Dragons there, lol ? - then the CD appears, i rush with the rusty daggers to slow him down, before casting MAG.REB. again. After having him at about 3,5 bars of his health left, i was about to change attire for DForging. Before i even got a chance of pausing, Danika shot a HFB straight to his heart and finished him off !!! I said to myself: "Damn, girl, i gotta take that Ferocity of her, when i go for DForging ... XD". It was just plain crazy !

P.S. - I'm so happy Danika is a sorcerer again. She was a fantastic fighter, but her as a sorceress just feels right, if that makes any sense. ;)

Oh, yes, she becomes a "Sith Fighter", only when we go for Knights' training for fellow pawns. And the red colors on her were just to cosplay a bit, due to "The Last Jedi" in theaters ATM ! TKU kindly for the remarkable comment :-)

AliceUnchained posted...
Really, other than that quest knowledge for Njo (No Honor Among Thieves) I can't think of anything. I am thinking about starting a fresh pawn (no rebirth), so if you're still playing then you can help me with knowledge. Is there anything you need? I even have some online Ur stuff if you want some, I used to actively fight Ur back in the day. It's been quite a while though, I got bored with it. Anyone else need some Ur stuff?

FINALLY ! I was really glad to read this ! I will be spoiling your new unchained kid big-time !!! And, i really hope @Twizted_Jedi returns soon, Deianira can tell U, Alice, what Twizted will be able to do, when your new kid arrives ... XD ... BTW, i haven't started fighting the Online UR on Deia's account, and i am not big on asking stuff, but for collective purposes, i would love to have the Black Mask for Deia, the same as Sol used to wear. If U have it, i would be much obliged !

AliceUnchained posted...
I meant to comment on this earlier. I'm glad you like her with the dual stat weapons, I do too. She's a big help with living armor after a dose of salo secret, and she's been freezing things nicely for me. Eliminator popsicles, lol. Tyvm for taking her out, and like you said, ty for everything !

I love Dual-stat pawns ! U can buff them easily with MAG.REB., plus U only need to carry Tagilus'ses ! My 3rd Pawn will carry Dragon's Ire, as his default Bow ! And, i remember @Shekhar79 mentioned "Eliminator Pancakes", on one of his stories ! TKU, as well :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.