Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
2 weeks ago#41
@JeffsonP, I did get Hydra beastiary knowledge from your hire but the 3rd star hasn't popped yet. That might be due to kill count requirements. Maybe @cjchartier can confirm if he got his 3rd star.
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Building her up)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
2 weeks ago#42
AliceUnchained posted...
Darth-Simous posted...

@AliceUnchained , hope everything is well & looking forward to your presence in #159 - already missed :-)

Thanks! *hugs* My husband and I took my mother in for her MRI and CT scan today, and I am just wiped out, it took up most of the day. Once mom goes to sleep I am going to at least take a power nap, today was hard on her so I don't want to rest until she is sleeping.

I can offer a little advice on the barrel toss, it's a trick @prophet taught me. If you are having a hard time keeping the pawns from attacking the hydra bring along a couple Select Herb Ales, Panaceas/other sleep curative for yourself, and a group curative like Sobering Wine or Peppermint Seed. Get a bit of distance from the Hydra, drink a Select Herb Ale which causes everyone to sleep, use the single curative to wake yourself, repeat if needed until the cutscene with Mercedes tossing you the barrel starts. Then use the group curative, use the "Come" command to make sure the pawns are close enough to see, and carefully aim at the barrel with a weaker bow (I usually use a non-upgraded rusted bow) so you don't accidentally remove the head and just make the barrel explode.

In my experience pawns need to see it twice, but if they aren't close enough they may not get the knowledge. The rented pawns will not gain the star or say "I've learned of beasts" until they are released to their respective owners.
I've done it countless times, it always works for me. Once I'm not so damn sleepy I'll give it a try if Jeffson doesn't have any luck, I'm just exhausted at the moment.

I hope you all are doing great, and hope to see you all in the rift soon. :)

Hey, @AliceUnchained , glad U your Mother are doing well. Hope the tests went great with her. Amazing knowledge & info on the Hydra Encampment fight, especially when trying to teach the barrel toss to pawns, who even unarmed, can sever Hydra heads ! I highlighted your post, so others can see it, if they needed, amazing info, again ...Best Regards & see U & Hildr soon !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

User Info: JeffsonP

JeffsonP
2 weeks ago#43
cjchartier posted...
JeffsonP posted...
@Darth-Simous Oh, should be that. BTW, saw you edit after posting. xD

@cjchartier Thank you very much for that!

So I think it is safe to stop HMR'ing.
I'll keep Marcos a Strider for today, tomorrow the Ranger is back!

I know that 2 of the flags for the Hydra "family" are having all 4 heads cut off at the same time, and sealing a severed head with fire. They may be able to learn those from a scroll, but I'm not totally sure on that point. Regardless, I'll read ALL of my scrolls for him, to get any other knowledge stars that he may be able to acquire from them as well. I'll release, and re-hire, him so you can check when he gets back. I still have about a dozen more trip to the forger left, so it will probably be about 20-30 minutes yet,.

Already did that! A support Pawn taught me when I found an archydra in BBI ;D

Before farming the Barrel trick Marcos had 2 stars already.

Since there's a chance of finding one in Rotunda of Dread (BBI v1) I'll farm it there tomorrow.

@Darth-Simous Yes, I received them! Thanks!

@AliceUnchained I removed their equips and used Come!, had no problem with them staying away from the Hydra. And I used the rusted bow. Just chose Strider as "starting" vocation and used the bow they gave me!
"Le plaisir delicieux et toujours nouveau d'une occupation inutile."
PSN ID: JeffsonP (Arisen: Jeffson / Main Pawn: Marcos - Ranger - Lv. 200)

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#44
@JeffsonP - Marco has been "read to" and released. He commented on a number of the other scrolls, but remained tight-lipped on the Hydra Strategies scroll. It may just pop on his return. I'm going to hire him back right now, but let me know how he made out. Both he and Sam appeared to gain knowledge on several different enemies.
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)

Shekhar79
2 weeks ago#45
If any of the new Arisen's want knowledge scrolls, I will be happy to provide.i have 41 out of 43 scrolls (two from Everfall in post game will be obtained too in a day or two). It was a pain collecting all of them and I'd be delighted to pass on copies to anyone that wants them considering they're such a PITA.

User Info: kalifani6

kalifani6
2 weeks ago#46
Hola!

Hope errybody had a fabulous Turkey Day.

Gotta lotta thanks to give for your hires and gifts, but first ~

Welcome back @AliceUnchained !

I take it this means things are going well for you and your fam. This makes me very happy. Mad love for ya & I'm very glad to see ya back in the game! ~

Btw: Thank you for hiring Valeria as AliceUnchained8 | Valkyrie & gifting her with 97,948 RC, 5/5/5 Rating, BB A Lv.3, and the "Is adorable beyond words." comment. Valeria is gushing with joy! *mwah!* (^_^)

Valeria also has thank yous to these fine people:

Darth-Secundus | Alcmene for the 1,000,000 RC, 5/5/5 Ratings, BB W Lv.3, and the "Has an entrancing allure." comment. Your generosity, my friend, is stellar! Always a most auspicious engagement for both my pawns. You're great! Same to your alter-ego ~

@Darth-Simous | Simous for the 474,903 RC, 5/5/5 Ratings, BB A Lv.3, and the "Has an entrancing allure." comment.

@DarkChiq | Remurade for the 23,312 RC, 5/5/5 Ratings, egg, and the "Offered precision support." comment. I do try to make her more nexus-ey. Glad to know it's making a difference. woohoo!

@Gundam_God | Kenshin1985 for the 150,636 RC, 5/5/5 Ratings, Matte robe***, BB A Lv.3, and the "Was a vast store of wisdom." comment. A rare one, and very much appreciated. ^_^

[Non-OPSC]

chainsaw-hamster | j lannister for the 8,318 RC
San_Goku_737 | Jane for the 352,847 RC

Eros gives a very special thanks to the auspicious

Darth-Secundus | Alcmene for the 1,000,000 RC, 5/5/5 Ratings, BB W Lv.3, and the "Always a pleasure." comment. Very same to ya!

Hey, I really appreciate you guys for helping me out with the BB Lv.3 items. Love you guys. You're the best! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Kalifani6 | Eros Lv. 200 Mage imgur.com/a/ewAs0 Valeria Lv.167 Mage
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#47
Shekhar79 posted...
If any of the new Arisen's want knowledge scrolls, I will be happy to provide.i have 41 out of 43 scrolls (two from Everfall in post game will be obtained too in a day or two). It was a pain collecting all of them and I'd be delighted to pass on copies to anyone that wants them considering they're such a PITA.

Was gonna mention that I can gift you those if you like buddy , I got the feeling you wanted to do it yourself , But the offers out there if you want them .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#48
AliceUnchained posted...
I can offer a little advice on the barrel toss, it's a trick @prophet taught me. If you are having a hard time keeping the pawns from attacking the hydra bring along a couple Select Herb Ales, Panaceas/other sleep curative for yourself, and a group curative like Sobering Wine or Peppermint Seed. Get a bit of distance from the Hydra, drink a Select Herb Ale which causes everyone to sleep, use the single curative to wake yourself, repeat if needed until the cutscene with Mercedes tossing you the barrel starts. Then use the group curative, use the "Come" command to make sure the pawns are close enough to see, and carefully aim at the barrel with a weaker bow (I usually use a non-upgraded rusted bow) so you don't accidentally remove the head and just make the barrel explode.

In my experience pawns need to see it twice, but if they aren't close enough they may not get the knowledge. The rented pawns will not gain the star or say "I've learned of beasts" until they are released to their respective owners. I've done it countless times, it always works for me. Once I'm not so damn sleepy I'll give it a try if Jeffson doesn't have any luck, I'm just exhausted at the moment.

Hahaha WTF !!! That is some next level - thinking outside the box right there XD.. Hilarious ..What a great trick ! Speaking of @prophet -- PING ! Its been to long ...Come say hi .

There have been plenty of times when that trick would have come in real handy .. As much as I love Pioneer and Scather pawns , It is a total PITA in this particular situation .

Ah damn ! Cant believe I forgot to mention calling the pawns back before you take the shot and using a weak bow , Thanks for catching that Alice That's why we missed you so much !! :)

Hoping those test results bring good news my friend .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

Shekhar79
2 weeks ago#49
Twizted_Jedi posted...
Was gonna mention that I can gift you those if you like buddy , I got the feeling you wanted to do it yourself , But the offers out there if you want them .

Naah mate, this is the joy of a good RPG which I'll retain. I like to collect stuff etc and hardly ever prefer the easy way out. Both @Darth-Simous and you have been generous with RCs and in offering these scrolls, this is something I can and would like to do myself. Humbly thank you for your offer! My statement in no mean casts a poor light on anyone wanting to have these scrolls. Given RNG and a few tied to story missions, many people might have missed it, so I'd like to complete their experience :)

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#50
Shekhar79 posted...
Twizted_Jedi posted...

Naah mate, this is the joy of a good RPG which I'll retain. I like to collect stuff etc and hardly ever prefer the easy way out. Both @Darth-Simous and you have been generous with RCs and in offering these scrolls, this is something I can and would like to do myself. Humbly thank you for your offer! My statement in no mean casts a poor light on anyone wanting to have these scrolls. Given RNG and a few tied to story missions, many people might have missed it, so I'd like to complete their experience :)

Lol , I thought so buddy .. Understood , Just wanted to make sure and put the offer out there .
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.