New Game+ (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crimson Shroud
  3. New Game+ (Spoilers)

User Info: metokki

metokki
4 years ago#11
Gah, another chest with another key to farm for (Tieffle's room)... somewhere. Unless someone finds this key faster than I do, going to assume it's dropped by something in the same area and going to farm the lichlords for a while.

User Info: yasoukyoku

yasoukyoku
4 years ago#12
DClax posted...
do even more rooms unlock in new game ++ too?
Just dialogue changes it seems.
Basileus777 posted...
The new text is removed from the English version? Are you sure of this?
After having seen the good ending, a new option unlocks in the very first choice (What should Flint do to Frea) to enable different dialogue throughout the game. You can tell if you've done it right as the game'll start laughing in most dialogues.
But the option only appears if you have the language set to Japanese it seems, and even if you enable it and then switch to English, it's still the same English dialogue as usual... :|

Here's the first few bits of the different dialogue translated, if it's interesting I could do somemore. (lines in [] are copied from the actual English TL)

Prologue:
[Another one, Flint thinks. As useless as the surgeons, and he's one of mine!

Demand again that Frea be waked.
Shake the sleeping Frea to rouse her.]
Be entranced by Frea's soft lips.

Perhaps due to her fever, Frea's lips were dry.
However, those plump, shapely lips still held a faint appeal.
For a time, Flint stood, entranced by them.

"M'lord? Did something happen?"
"Girls this age are certainly beautiful enough without wearing lipstick, but my daughter, she..." (laughing)

The medic was puzzled by Flint's words.
How should he respond? Or should he respond at all?
Perhaps it'd be best just to pretend he hadn't heard anything? (laughing)

It was a surprise that Lord Rosenbach even had a daughter.
Wait, was that even part of his character design?
This is the first time I've heard about it! (laughing)

Before he realized it, the medic's hands were soaked through with sweat.
Beads of sweat had begin appearing on his forehead too.
...I've gotta get rid of this heavy atmosphere. (laughing)

[With shaking hands, the man pries open Frea's mouth, forcing a slender metallic pipe down her throat. Into this, he pours a slurry of medicine.
When all is done, he exits the tent, careful to avoid meeting Flint's eyes.]
Chapter 1:
Normal version:
[Lost lovers, debtors who ran in the night, stolen boys and girls, escaped murderers. Marks come in all flavors.
But few like this.

You've followed a thin thread of rumor from land to land, until your feet led you here, to this place.

The Sun-Gilt Palace of the Rahab.
It is said the king built this palace for his queen, though that was more than one thousand years ago.]

Different version:
[Lost lovers, debtors who ran in the night, stolen boys and girls, escaped murderers. Marks come in all flavors.
But few like this.]

If this were some soap opera, there'd be some "Previously on Crimson Shroud" recap here.
But it got cut due to budget issues. (laughing)
Anyway, you somehow arrived at the Sun-Gilt Palace of the Rahab.
Now change the BG image! (clapping)

[The Sun-Gilt Palace of the Rahab.
It is said the king built this palace for his queen, though that was more than one thousand years ago.]
Malora's Garden, first visit:
Normal version:
[The Chaser's motto is to leave no stone unturned and no trap unsprung.
You press on, a wary eye to your surroundings.]

Different version
[The Chaser's motto is to leave no stone unturned and no trap unsprung.]
...that's too annoying, you say? (laughter)
I understand. Think how annoying it gets for me having to explain everything. (laughter)
But keep going, don't worry about me. (laughter)
I take breaks when I need to! (laughter)
In general it seems it's more of a comedic edit.

User Info: yasoukyoku

yasoukyoku
4 years ago#13
metokki posted...
Gah, another chest with another key to farm for (Tieffle's room)... somewhere. Unless someone finds this key faster than I do, going to assume it's dropped by something in the same area and going to farm the lichlords for a while.
There's only two keys that are enemy drops (Skeleton Mage and Goblin Tank), others not found in chests are found by revisiting areas. The Tieffle's Room key is held by a dead body in a room with no enemies.

metokki
4 years ago#14
yasoukyoku posted...
There's only two keys that are enemy drops (Skeleton Mage and Goblin Tank), others not found in chests are found by revisiting areas. The Tieffle's Room key is held by a dead body in a room with no enemies.

Thanks! For the rest of y'all, Tieffle's key is back at Deepwater in The Depths. I've been through that area more than twice, I guess it doesn't unlock until you actually reach the chest first.
(message deleted)

User Info: KaelanZero

KaelanZero
4 years ago#16
metokki posted...
yasoukyoku posted...

Thanks! For the rest of y'all, Tieffle's key is back at Deepwater in The Depths. I've been through that area more than twice, I guess it doesn't unlock until you actually reach the chest first.
And for the stumped, the next step after this for the second ending involves Tieffle's room. You'll get hints about it if you visit too early.

metokki
4 years ago#17
Good god, how many waves of enemies do you go through at the Mausoleum?

User Info: DClax

DClax
4 years ago#18
KaelanZero posted...
metokki posted...
yasoukyoku posted...

And for the stumped, the next step after this for the second ending involves Tieffle's room. You'll get hints about it if you visit too early.

err, could you be a bit more specific about what the next step is? i would go searching every room (cause when i revisit Tieffle's room i don't really get what to do next) but i have a ton of mp right now and if the next step is a fight i wanna start strong, especially if it's another freaking zombie dragon
3DS FC: 1676-3725-4140 (msg me if you add me)

metokki
4 years ago#19
DClax posted...

err, could you be a bit more specific about what the next step is? i would go searching every room (cause when i revisit Tieffle's room i don't really get what to do next) but i have a ton of mp right now and if the next step is a fight i wanna start strong, especially if it's another freaking zombie dragon

Once you visit Tieffle's room and examine the chest, run back to Deepwater and you'll find the key. Head back to Tieffle's room, open the chest, and then revisit the room (go to the next room and come back). You'll end up finding a lever that opens up the northern passage in the area with the final boss. From the room you defeat the three Witch Kings, you can go north to the Ancient Passage and the Mausoleum, which, it seems, has some sort of horrible never ending fight because I've already gone through a demon and five Witch Kings already and still have a dragon and a Witch King still at it.

User Info: DClax

DClax
4 years ago#20
metokki posted...
DClax posted...

Once you visit Tieffle's room and examine the chest, run back to Deepwater and you'll find the key. Head back to Tieffle's room, open the chest, and then revisit the room (go to the next room and come back). You'll end up finding a lever that opens up the northern passage in the area with the final boss. From the room you defeat the three Witch Kings, you can go north to the Ancient Passage and the Mausoleum, which, it seems, has some sort of horrible never ending fight because I've already gone through a demon and five Witch Kings already and still have a dragon and a Witch King still at it.

Do i need to beat the Dragon first? (the normal one, not the zombie one) cause when i revisit the room after recieiving the contents of the treasure chest, it says this:

You've returned to the Tieffle's Room.

No sun filters in through the windoes, and the room smells faintly of mold. Where you walk, thick dust rises from the floor. The footprings you see in the room already are the ones you left before.

Or so you think, but when you look closer you see a trail of footprints left by a child of four to five years of age. The trail crosses back and forth, winding around the room, yet oddly never coming close to the entrance.

A nasty thought occurs to you, but you decide that it's just as likely that a smaller demon or imp paid the room a visit.

You leave the room, and the fruits of your over-active imagination, behind.
3DS FC: 1676-3725-4140 (msg me if you add me)
  1. Boards
  2. Crimson Shroud
  3. New Game+ (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived