Red mage not learning Giga

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. Red mage not learning Giga

User Info: djm77

djm77
3 years ago#1
It's strange, my red mage didn't learn Giga Fire at lvl 20 for some reason. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Is there a fix for it or should I just reincarnate and try again? My green mage learned Giga Wind when she was supposed to.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 years ago#2
Mages work differently now.

Go to the Dark Assembly and select "Promote" and upgrade her to a green mage and she'll learn better spells.

Mages don't learn spells based on Color anymore, they learn them based on the Element Forte you chose when Making/Reincarnating them.
My inner thoughts described in one YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q4Ajom97JsA#t=8

djm77
3 years ago#3
Wow that's weird. I wasn't expected to have to promote my red mage to a green mage to have her learn better fire spells. lol

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 years ago#4
Choose Fire Forte to have access to Fire ==> Tera Fire, Ice Forte for ice magics, etc

djm77
3 years ago#5
That did the trick. Thanks for the help!

User Info: Divona

Divona
3 years ago#6
Ok I need to wrap my head around this just a bit more. So a Red "Ice mage" will learn more ice spells when he/she is promoted to a Green "Ice mage". Color is now rank, element the personal choice. That covers promotions, and I assume transmigrations as well?

User Info: HappyFrisbees

HappyFrisbees
3 years ago#7
Divona posted...
Ok I need to wrap my head around this just a bit more. So a Red "Ice mage" will learn more ice spells when he/she is promoted to a Green "Ice mage". Color is now rank, element the personal choice. That covers promotions, and I assume transmigrations as well?

You're right. With the mage names it can be confusing, but basically forget the name of the rank. Just look at the stars. A 1 star mage learns basic stuff, and a 2 star mage learns more stuff. The forte you choose is their element.

User Info: Madridiq8e

Madridiq8e
3 years ago#8
so if i promoted my fire mage to the next class he'll be green and will learn the giga fire and omega ?
and if I want the same mage to learn the wind spells I have to reincarnate him to the first class and choose wind element ?

User Info: Flaresky

Flaresky
3 years ago#9
If you want him to learn wind, either reincarnate, or make another mage proficient with wind element, and use apprentice/master system. Though if u want the stronger spells as well, u have to lvl the newly created mage a bit.
Life does not limit our actions. Its our actions that limit our life.
Flaresky of the Flaming Skies

User Info: ionenwks

ionenwks
3 years ago#10
While I don't mind the new system, wish they'd have changed witch/skull's default coloring to make the change more obvious (aka, something more neutral or a mix of colors rather than classic red/blue/green, since their colors don't seem to mean anything anymore).

Kinda glad they changed it though, hated how mages felt like the single oddball out of all the classes tier-wise.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. Red mage not learning Giga

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived