Final Weapon Unlocking Guide, ver 1.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 8
  3. Final Weapon Unlocking Guide, ver 1.0

User Info: Rishnix

Rishnix
4 years ago#1
Hello there everyone. This guide is rather straightforward. It's the requirements listed, in-game, for getting each final weapon. I've compiled it all in a list for easier referencing. Remember that the difficult must be on at least Hard. Also, I'm missing the details of a few weapons because I unlocked them by accident just while playing through the story mode. So if you haven't, please feel free to list it's requirements so that everyone can benefit from it better.

Final Weapon Unlocking Guide

Blades

Xiahou Dun/Podao – ????

Dian Wei/Axe – Battle of Wan Castle: Escape from Wan Castle within 8 minutes.

Cao Cao/General’s Sword – Battle of Baidi Castle: Open the gates to Baidi Castle within 14 minutes of starting the battle.

Lu Xun/Swallow Swords – Battle of Yiling, Wu Forces: Defeat Liu Bei (1st time) within 5 minutes of Lu Xun giving the order after Liu Bei’s whereabouts become unknown.

Sun Shangxiang/Wheels – Battle of Xiangyang, Sun Jian’s Forces: Launch an assault on Xiangyang Xastle and defeat Lu Gong within 2 minutes from when Sun Jian gives the order to attack.

Sun Jian/Nine Rings Blade – Assault on Xuchang, Wu Forces: Carry out the fire attack within 12 minutes of starting the battle.

Liu Bei/Twin Swords – Defense of Xu Province: Prevent Zhang Liao and Xu Huang from entering Xu Province Castle and defeat all of the fire attack units before they can set the fire attack.

Cao Pi/Dual Blade – Battle of Guandu: Carry out the fire attack without a single officer of Cao Cao’s Forces being forced to escape.

Zhou Tai/Curved Sword – Battle of Shi_Ting, Wu Forces: Defeat Sima Shi and Sima Zhao within 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the successful use of the false surrender plot.

Sun Quan/Sword – Battle of Liang Province, Coalition Forces: Defeat Ma Chao, Ma Dai and Han Sui without a single officer of Wu being defeated.

Guan Ping/Great Sword – Pacification of Nanzhong: Defeat Yang Feng and capture the catapult support base within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Yuan Shao/Extension Blade – Skirmish at Guandu: Prevent the withdrawal of Liu Bei and Zhang Fei and prevent Zhen Ji and Zhang He from defecting.

Sima Shi/Lightning Sword - ????

Sima Zhao/Striking Sword – Battle of Chengdu, Sima Zhao’s Forces: Defeat Guan Suo and Jiang Wei in Chengdu Castle within 7 minutes after Liu Shan temporarily withdraws.

Zhong Hui/Flying Swords – Battle of Taoyang, Sima Zhao’s Forces: Defeat Hu Ji, Liao Hua and Zhang yi within 5 minutes after Xiahou Ba begins withdrawing.

Liu Shan/Rapier – Capture of Wei, Shu Forces: Defeat Zhang Liao, Li Dian and Yue Jin within 10 minutes of starting the battle.

Xing Cai/Sword & Shield – Battle of Tianshui, Shu Forces: Capture both Anding and Nan’an before Jiang Wei can reach them.

Xu Shu/Sword & Hook – Battle of Xinye, Liu Bei’s Forces: Defeat Cao Ren, Yue Jin, Li Dian and Zhang He within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Yue Jin/Dual Hookblades - ????

Guan Xing/Wingblades – Battle of Chencang, Shu Forces: Defeat Xiahou Wei before word of the Wei Forces’ infiltration of the castle can spread.

Zhang Bao/Flail Sword – Battle of Lukou, Shu Forces: Prevent all of the enemy fire attacks within 7 minutes of starting the battle.

Jia Chong/Throwing Axes – Final Conflict at Chibi, Sima Shi’s Forces: Seize the Coalition Forces’
ballistae before they can be used to defeat a Wei officer.

Don't post yet
*Holds up sign.*
Arrrrgh! Pandas can't talk!

Rishnix
4 years ago#2
Clubs

Zhou Yu/Staff – Battle of Najun, Sun Quan’s Forces: Personally rescue Gan Ning within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Gan Ning/Flail – Battle of Hefei, Wu Forces: Defeat Li Dian and Yue Jin before the ram is destroyed.

Xu Zhu/Club – Battle of Chibi, Cao Cao’s Forces: Defeat Gan Ning within 7 minutes of starting the battle.

Taishi Ci/Twin Rods – Pursuit at Shouchun: Defeat Jia Xu’s unit before it can enter the Wu Forces’ main camp.

Ling Tong/Three Sectional Staff – Battle of Ruxukou, Wu Forces: Capture all of the Wei garrisons within 5 minutes and 40 seconds of Lu Meng giving the order to capture them.

Sun Ce/Tonfa – Conquest of Wujun, Sun Ce’s Forces: Defeat Taishi Ci (1st time, 2nd time) within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Xiao Qiao/Iron Fan – Assault at Xinye: Rescue the strange animals before Sun Quan can reach the first checkpoint.

Zhuge Dan/Short Rods – Battle of New Hefei Castle – Sima Shi’s Forces: Lure out Zhuge Ke from the main camp within 5 minutes after the gates to New Hefei Castle open.

Ding Feng/Circle Blade – Battle of Guangling, Wu Forces: Successfully carry out the surprise attack and defeat Sima Yi within 9 minutes.

Guan Suo/Nunchaku – Battle of Fan Castle, Shu Forces: Personally defeat all of the Wu officers within 5 minutes after the Wu Forces arrive.

Guan Yinping/Dual-headed Mace – Battle of Fan Castle, Shu Forces: Personally defeat all of the Wu officers within 4 minutes of the arrival of the Wu Forces.

Spears

Zhang Liao/Twin Axes – Battle of Hefei, Wei Forces: Defeat Zhou Tai and Lu Meng within 12 minutes of starting the battle.

Zhao Yun/Dragon Spear – Battle of Yiling, Shu Forces: Prevent the Wu Forces’ plot and defeat Ling Tong, Gan Ning and Zhou Tai within 9 minutes of Liu Bei giving the order to begin.

Guan Yu/Crescent Blade – Battle of Hulao Gate, Liu Bei’s Forces: Defeat Hua Xiong and Lu Bu within 14 minutes of starting the battle.

Zhang Fei/Double Pike - ????

Lu Bu/Halberd – Xiapi Defensive Battle: Rescue Song Xian, Hou Cheng, and Wei Xu and prevent them from defecting.

Xu Huang/Great Axe - ????

Lu Meng/Pike – Battle of Fan Castle, Wu Forces: Defeat Guan Yu (1st time) within 3 minutes of starting the battle.

Ma Chao/Spear – Ambush at Chang’an, Shu Forces: Find the maiden’s sister within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Wei Yan/Double Voulge – Battle of Wuzhang Plains, Shu Forces: Defeat Sima Shi and Sima Zhao within 12 minutes of the battle starting.

Yue Ying/Dagger-axe – Battle of Jieting, Shu Forces: Defeat 300 enemies and force Xiang Lang, Gao Xiang, and Liao Hua to retreat to the Shu Forces’ main camp within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Jiang Wei/Double-edge Trident – Invasion of Luoyang, Shu Forces: Escape Luoyang Castle within 10 minutes of the Luoyang main gates closing.

Deng Ai/Lance – Battle of Jiange, Deng Ai’s Forces: Ensure the success of the decoy strategy and defeat Jiang Wei in the main camp within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Xiahou Ba/Siege Spear – Capture of Chengdu, Sima Shi’s Forces: Defeat Guan Suo and Guan Yinping before they can enter the Wei Forces’ main camp.

Pang De/Mace – Pursuit at Nanjun: Defeat Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Zhao Yun within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Li Dian/Wheeled Halberd – Battle of Hulao Gate, Cao Cao’s Forces: Break through Hulao Gate without a single Coalition officer being defeated.

Lu Su/Rake – Battle of Runan, Wu Forces: Defeat Zhang Chunhua and Wang Yuanji within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Don't post yet
*Holds up sign.*

Rishnix
4 years ago#3
Han Dang/Short Pike – Defense of Jiangxia, Wu Forces: Successfully maintain the defensive lines without losing either of the eastern garrisons.

Projectiles

Zhuge Liang/War Fan – Battle of Chi Bi, Liu Bei’s Forces: Prevent the Wei officers from entering the prayer ceremony location until the ceremony is complete.

Huang Zhong/Bow – Battle of Mt. Dingjun, Shu Forces: Defeat Cao Zhen, Wang Yi, Xu Huang, Cao Zhang and Du Xi, and arrive at Mt. Tiandang before the Wei Forces’ main unit arrives.

Wang Yuanji/Throwing Knives – Battle of Jianyu, Sima Zhao’s Forces: Arrive at Sun Xiu’s side within 8 minutes of Jianye Castle opening its gates.

Guo Huai/Arm Cannon - ????

Lian Shi/Crossbow – Battle of New Hefei Castle, Wu Forces: Defeat Man Chong before he arrives in the Wu Forces’ main camp.

Zhu Rong/Boomerang – Nanzhong Rescue Mission: After rescuing King Mulu, rescue Meng Huo before King Mulu appears again.

Guo Jia/Orb & Scepter – Battle of Xinye, Cao Cao’s Forces: Defeat Xu Shu within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Wen Yang/Javelin – Defend Chengdu, Sima Shi’s Forces: Defeat Meng Huo without the central garrison erupting in flames.

Special

Sima Yi/Horsehair Whip – Pursuit at Wuzhang Plains: Defeat 300 members of the Shu Forces, including Zhao Zhi, Zhang Ni, and Du Rui.

Diao Chan/Chain Whip – Eliminate Dong Zhuo: Defeat Zhang Liao within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Xiahou Yuan/Bow & Rod – Escape from Luoyang: Arrive at the siege weapon testing grounds without Lu Bu smashing a single gate.

Zhange He/Claws – Battle of Mt. Dingjun, Wei Forces: Defeat Zhao Yun, Ma Dai, and Zhang Bao within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Cao Ren/Spiked Shield – Battle of Xu Province – Capture the catapults before they start attacking the capital, and defeat Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun before they can reach the main camp.

Huang Gai/Arm Blade – Battle of Chibi, Sun Quan’s Forces: Defeat the 8 officers of the Wei Forces’ vanguard before they can enter the allied main camp.

Pang Tong/Shadow Fan – Battle of Chengdu, Liu Bei’s Forces: Carry out the surprise attack and capture Luo Castle within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

Dong Zhuo/Bomb – Chase at Hulao Gate: Defeat Yuan Shao within 7 minutes of Luoyang erupting in flames without losing a single officer from Dong Zhuo’s Forces.

Zhang Jiao/Shaman Rod - ????

Zhen Ji/Flute - ????

Meng Huo/Gloves – Rescue at Baidi Castle: Defeat 3 of the following officers with a ballista within 8 minutes of starting the battle: Chen Jiao, Chen Wei, Cao Zhang or Wang Shuang.

Cai Wenji/Harp - ????

Da Qiao/Pugil Stick – Defeat Gan Ji: Defeat Gan Ji (1st time, 2nd time) within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Jia Xu/Chain & Sickle – Battle of Xiapi: Defeat Chen Gong without losing a single Wei officer.

Ma Dai/Brush – Battle of the Wuzhang Plains: Complete your withdrawal without a single Shu officer being defeated.

Bao Sanniang/Spinner – Pacification of Nanzhong: Defeat Meng Huo, after he appears in the center of the battlefield, within 8 minutes of starting the battle.

Wang Yi/Trishula – Battle of Tong Gate, Cao Cao’s Forces: Enter the Coalition Forces’ main camp within 8 minutes of Ma Chao’s surprise attack on the main camp.

Zuo Ci/Talisman Cards – Phantoms of Xuchang: Successfully place 3 of the altars and defeat Sima Yi without a single phantom officer being defeated.

Zhang Chunhua/Wired Gloves – Defeat the Rebels, Sima Yi’s Forces: Defeat Zhong Chang and Liu Yao within 5 minutes of starting the battle.

You may now post
*Holds up sign.*

User Info: Brady672_AT_fan

Brady672_AT_fan
4 years ago#4
As soon as you get the missing weapons up there, this will be perfect sticky material.

Great job!
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.

User Info: RostikMusic

RostikMusic
4 years ago#5
This would be great with some side notes. As it stands the information is just as easily googled.

Something like: "For Yinpings weapon, it's easier if you rush down to the part of the map where the wu officers spawn, as soon as you kill the wei officers."

Just little extra hints would be awesome.

User Info: Brady672_AT_fan

Brady672_AT_fan
4 years ago#6
RostikMusic posted...
This would be great with some side notes. As it stands the information is just as easily googled.

Something like: "For Yinpings weapon, it's easier if you rush down to the part of the map where the wu officers spawn, as soon as you kill the wei officers."

Oh yeah, that's good too.
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.

User Info: LurnToSpel

LurnToSpel
4 years ago#7
RostikMusic posted...

I agree. As of right now, all this info + the missing ones are available on the wiki. If you make it more of a walkthrough, it'd be more helpful.
Valar Morghulis

User Info: RostikMusic

RostikMusic
4 years ago#8
RostikMusic posted...

A side note: I'd be willing to help you bulk out the descriptions for some that i've already done. As i'm sure others would

Rishnix
4 years ago#9
I'd appreciate help. I'm not looking to make my own FAQ, but I figured this would be a commonly looked into topic and one that I could contribute to. Like the topic title says, this is version 1.0.
*Holds up sign.*

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 years ago#10
Tagging for later. Thanks for the list.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Dynasty Warriors 8
  3. Final Weapon Unlocking Guide, ver 1.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.