Is there such a thing as a hard copy PC version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Is there such a thing as a hard copy PC version?

User Info: epicwolf1

epicwolf1
7 months ago#1
I am looking for a hard copy disc version of the game on PC but it seems like there is only a digital version of it? I wanted to preorder a hard copy version. I don't want to buy it on Origin and seems like you can only get a digital version even if it comes with a box? I know I am old school and like hard copies (this is why I also love console games) so is there a hard copy somewhere out there? And no, I am not going to buy it on PS4 even though I love my PS4. I might as well take advantage of my expansive GPU.

Now you might asked "if you like PC gaming wtf would you own anything hard copy". Well the thing is this is one of my favorite franchises of all time and I want to collect it like I did the trilogy for the last one console version. I have many many games on steam and origin but this mass effect I want to collect. But now I have a great GPU and rig, I only want to play this game on PC.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
7 months ago#2
Nothing wrong with wanting a hard copy regardless of platform. But I don't think even the boxed copy includes a disc anywhere. It's just an activation code in order to download the game from Origin.

I guess they really wanted to cut corners on producing physical discs.
.. Because it's the Rapture way of life!

User Info: Dark_Guillaume

Dark_Guillaume
7 months ago#3
Unfortunately as far as I know there is none... You'll have to go XBone or PS4 to get one. Yes this sucks....

User Info: RKOL3G3NDK1LL3R

RKOL3G3NDK1LL3R
7 months ago#4
best buy sells ps4, xbox, & pc in the store
they are giving a nice steel case to console versions but not pc:/

User Info: WynnSilvergaze

WynnSilvergaze
7 months ago#5
gamestop (it's EBgames here) sells a physical copy at my local store, but it's standard edition only
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_wl-XhU0AAb7j-.jpg

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
7 months ago#6
WynnSilvergaze posted...
gamestop (it's EBgames here) sells a physical copy at my local store, but it's standard edition only

That's strange. Nowadays companies very rarely push physical copies of new PC games anymore. I would prefer if they did though.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: Decoy77

Decoy77
7 months ago#7
Even if you go to a store and buy a box it will come with a paper with a code on it for you to use Origin to download it. I feel sorry for those people out there with bad internet service that would need to download some 30-50GB game when it is either super slow or have low monthly caps.
5-27-15 The day Gfaqs died
i7 4770k | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | EVGA GTX 1070 8GB | 16GB RAM | ADATA SP600 256GB | 3TB HD | Asus 23.6'' @ 1920 x 1080, Win7 x64
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Is there such a thing as a hard copy PC version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived