Getting a PS4 without a preorder???!?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Getting a PS4 without a preorder???!?

User Info: lugnutAL

lugnutAL
4 years ago#1
So when do you guys think someone will be able to walk into a store and pick up a PS4? I'm sure in store stock will be non-existent during the holidays but I think that by March you might be able to pick one up from the store.
The best games are the ones that take u on a adventure you never forget.

User Info: VT-14

VT-14
4 years ago#2
Sony has said that they are holding back stock from pre-orders to try and keep shelves full(er) these holidays. You may be able to find one just after launch (if not on launch).
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

User Info: jackorhoads

jackorhoads
4 years ago#3
TC same every console launch:

-Companies sell out of preorders
-Darn guess I won't get one
-Store gets some in stock
-Rush of customers.

Supply/demand all that jazz. It's all hype (it will sell very well but its all hype), if you want one you'll be able to get one.
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd

User Info: LICKWIDPAlN

LICKWIDPAlN
4 years ago#4
Walmart is ur best bet TC. Open 24 hours amd they over stock like a mother.
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain

User Info: deathsaber79

deathsaber79
4 years ago#5
Sony has come out and pretty much directly said:

1. If you didn't preorder now, your NOT getting a launch PS4

2. However, their goal is everyone who wants a PS4, will be able to procure one by Christmas, which they will ensure to happen with frequent shipments and restocking.

Take that for what you will- You didn't see PS2 or the orignal Wii on store shelves until at least the following spring, but while sales will be brisk, I don't think any console at $400 will sell quite as high as those machines did (especially since Wii was only $250)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Getting a PS4 without a preorder???!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived