I guess I missed my chance on pre-ordering a PS4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I guess I missed my chance on pre-ordering a PS4?

User Info: Gamenamebully

Gamenamebully
3 years ago#1
I looked at every single online retailer I can think of including some obscure sites that were selling PS4's and every single one were sold out of pre-orders.

I guess I missed my chance and have to wait a while like after launch to get a Playstation 4?

This is reminding me on my Situation with my Nintendo Wii where it took about a year 1/2 after it came out for me to get one but I was trying to pre-order one just like the PS4. Turns out that there was a LARGE shortage where I live of Wii's and it was impossible to get one for a long while.

To me the PS4 situation is sounding like a repeat of my Wii situation.

But do you think I missed out on it and will have to wait now?
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully

User Info: 66_Ryder

66_Ryder
3 years ago#2
They will come back into stock steadily just get walk in regularly after the first couple weeks of post launch.
PSN: Tha66RydenMFFL
Playstation 4 will be the gamers Facebook

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
3 years ago#3
66_Ryder posted...
They will come back into stock steadily just get walk in regularly after the first couple weeks of post launch.

I don't know... Lots of people at my job are suddenly asking me where they can get a pre order. Most of them want it for a kids Christ gift.

I won't say it'll be impossible, but rather difficult to find one till maybe late January.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: StrongBlackVine

StrongBlackVine
3 years ago#4
You missed a chance earlier today! Amazon had a BF4 bundle up for a little while...sold out quick.

Gamenamebully
3 years ago#5
StrongBlackVine posted...
You missed a chance earlier today! Amazon had a BF4 bundle up for a little while...sold out quick.

I heard of that bundle and I saw it on Amazon but as soon as I got the money it got sold out.

Either there were few pre-order units or people are just quicker than I am.

I did notice Target is still accepting pre-orders for the Call of Duty: Ghosts Bundle. Not exactly interested in the game but it may be my best shot right now for a while since I am interested in the system.
The Only Sane Gamer.

User Info: pinky

pinky
3 years ago#6
Gamenamebully posted...
I looked at every single online retailer I can think of including some obscure sites that were selling PS4's and every single one were sold out of pre-orders.

I guess I missed my chance and have to wait a while like after launch to get a Playstation 4?

This is reminding me on my Situation with my Nintendo Wii where it took about a year 1/2 after it came out for me to get one but I was trying to pre-order one just like the PS4. Turns out that there was a LARGE shortage where I live of Wii's and it was impossible to get one for a long while.

No offense, but 3 weeks before launch and NOW trying to pre-order? Is this your first rodeo? The only way this could be excused is if, literally, this is the first console launch you've tried to be a part of. I'm not trying to be mean but....
"I'm in the Process of Processing the Process"....Pinky

User Info: chickenlard

chickenlard
3 years ago#7
Gamenamebully posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...

I heard of that bundle and I saw it on Amazon but as soon as I got the money it got sold out.

Either there were few pre-order units or people are just quicker than I am.

I did notice Target is still accepting pre-orders for the Call of Duty: Ghosts Bundle. Not exactly interested in the game but it may be my best shot right now for a while since I am interested in the system.

Amazon doesn't charge your card until it ships, you still had 3 weeks to aquire the money for it. LOL

Gamenamebully
3 years ago#8
pinky posted...
Gamenamebully posted...

No offense, but 3 weeks before launch and NOW trying to pre-order? Is this your first rodeo? The only way this could be excused is if, literally, this is the first console launch you've tried to be a part of. I'm not trying to be mean but....

Actually due to problems with my money it did not come in until recently.

Though I guess it's just karma. Bank messes up with my money and I end up missing out on a PS4. I think I should of mentioned that earlier.

And if you read I had a similar situation with the Wii. That one was because I was too late. I'll admit that.
The Only Sane Gamer.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
3 years ago#9
you had since June to do it.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif

User Info: IntelligentCodF

IntelligentCodF
3 years ago#10
It's your fault for not acting sooner.

It's also your fault for the bank to mess up.

Because of that you should give up until a year or two after it launches. That's a safe way of knowing you can get a Playstation 4.

Until then I will post my experiences with my PS4 when it comes out with my copy of the Prestige edition of Call Of Duty: Ghosts as a way to show what you are missing out on.
I am IntelligentCodFanboy: http://www.youtube.com/user/IntelligentCoDFanboy
Proud leader of the Call Of Duty Enlightenment Army.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I guess I missed my chance on pre-ordering a PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived