What exact type of HDMI cable does the PS4 come with?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What exact type of HDMI cable does the PS4 come with?

User Info: extacy1375

extacy1375
3 years ago#1
Is it High Speed with Ethernet and Audio Return Channel(ARC)?

User Info: craelon

craelon
3 years ago#2
Not sure, but it's apparently crap. I know mine gave out after about a couple hours. I thought maybe I had the faulty HDMI port but I switched cables to a different one and I haven't had the problem since.
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v

User Info: Anakerie

Anakerie
3 years ago#3
I'm not hearing good things about it. I'm not even taking mine out of the box. I have a perfectly good HDMI cable already so I'll just keep using that.
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna

User Info: extacy1375

extacy1375
3 years ago#4
I have just heard it is HDMI 1.4 and Does come with Ethernet and ARC.

User Info: axemaster72

axemaster72
3 years ago#5
Diamond Plated with gold prongs
Axemaster72 - Leader of CuRB & Dizzy Carmine
Now with 72% more Axe per post!

User Info: kryptonsson

kryptonsson
3 years ago#6
Yeah I had to change my HDMI cable. The one it comes with is crap. so I swapped for the gold plated one on my ps3 then took the gold plated one on my 360 to put on my ps3 and I put the one that came with the ps4 and put it on my 360.

The 360 has no problem using it. Overall I'm just glad I didn't have the port issue and its just being a cable issue.

User Info: Gamer4e4

Gamer4e4
3 years ago#7
kryptonsson posted...
Yeah I had to change my HDMI cable. The one it comes with is crap. so I swapped for the gold plated one on my ps3 then took the gold plated one on my 360 to put on my ps3 and I put the one that came with the ps4 and put it on my 360.

The 360 has no problem using it. Overall I'm just glad I didn't have the port issue and its just being a cable issue.

Gold plated HDMI cable..

Oh lololololol. The technically inept are soooooo funny. :D

User Info: Eiri

Eiri
3 years ago#8
Gamer4e4 posted...
kryptonsson posted...

Gold plated HDMI cable..

Modded my PS4 with custom golden faceplates.
Helps circulate the gigahurtz in my GPU through my gold-plated HDMI cable so I actually play at 120fps.
Joke's on you.

User Info: kryptonsson

kryptonsson
3 years ago#9
Gamer4e4 posted...
kryptonsson posted...

Gold plated HDMI cable..

(Middle Finger)

Hey what I used a different HDMI cable whatever dude. Does anyone know if the original cables on that come with the system are just not good? Also does anyone have a picture of the metal sticking up in the port?

User Info: TreGooda

TreGooda
3 years ago#10
Are you guys trolling for laughs?

You realize HDMI cables transfer a digital signal. It either works or it doesn't. There's no performance difference between expensive cables and cheap cables.
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. What exact type of HDMI cable does the PS4 come with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived