Would you ever be able to justify paying $70 - $80 for new releases?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you ever be able to justify paying $70 - $80 for new releases?

User Info: Linctagon7

Linctagon7
3 years ago#1
Just suppose that games are sold at that price-point in the future. How, if at all, would you justify paying that for a game?

User Info: SockNight

SockNight
3 years ago#2
I wouldn't, that is ridiculous.

User Info: DeadMercenary

DeadMercenary
3 years ago#3
I barely justify $60 for most titles nowadays. I would probably do the same thing I do now though. On pc I just wait for steam sales/humble bundle, on consoles I just wait for them to hit bargain bin prices. Knack I want to try but it doesn't seem like a $60 title, so I'm waiting for it to hit $20.

The game has to be something I'm really interested in for me to pick it up at full price nowadays, which is not common.

User Info: BronzeWarrior

BronzeWarrior
3 years ago#4
With dlc we are already paying 80+.
PSN- SilentJak
GT- Madarez

User Info: coldwine

coldwine
3 years ago#5
No, mostly buy $15 or less.
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange

User Info: thompsontalker7

thompsontalker7
3 years ago#6
If it's Persona, probably.
You are slave. Want emancipation? http://i.imgur.com/yqxzjHA.jpg?1
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif http://i.imgur.com/dKeJWT0.gif

User Info: _NapalmBrain_

_NapalmBrain_
3 years ago#7
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is exactly why games WILL increase at some point. They already know the sheeple will pay whatever they ask, and they have tested it with DLC. I have never bought a DLC for any game because I refuse to support it. It doesn't take a genius to see where this greedy path leads.

User Info: twentytoonelong

twentytoonelong
3 years ago#8
Games SHOULD cost that amount today based on inflation. Publishers have had to make up for that with microtransactions, lower risk projects (AKA sequels), and to a lesser extent reducing costs with digital distribution.

User Info: liam_000

liam_000
3 years ago#9
_NapalmBrain_ posted...
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is exactly why games WILL increase at some point. They already know the sheeple will pay whatever they ask, and they have tested it with DLC. I have never bought a DLC for any game because I refuse to support it. It doesn't take a genius to see where this greedy path leads.

I don't see why they didn't increase the price of games this gen in America, they did in Europe.
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.

User Info: Linctagon7

Linctagon7
3 years ago#10
_NapalmBrain_ posted...
BronzeWarrior posted...

This is what I'm afraid of.

I am willing to bet my left nut that new releases will retail for $70 on average before this gen is over. I said this in another thread before, EA and Activision are going to make that an industry standard. I might be wrong, then it's all good. I WANT to be wrong. Then again, I might be right. In which case we are royally screwed and going to get screwed if people support it.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Would you ever be able to justify paying $70 - $80 for new releases?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived