Open NAT type for BOTH PS4 and XB1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Open NAT type for BOTH PS4 and XB1

User Info: thepain718

thepain718
3 years ago#1
Does anyone know how to open the NAT type for both systems? I'm using a Linksys wireless N router model WRT160 and can access the router's settings but not too sure on what to do from there. I appreciate any and all replies in advance.
Suddenly I'm Dominate

User Info: SexySamSosa67

SexySamSosa67
3 years ago#2
I think you have to hook up the router directly to the console to get NAT 1, making it a wired connection.
Add me if you are a trophy hunter or if you are a cool worthy gamer
http://psnprofiles.com/NighT_Ryder31

thepain718
3 years ago#3
Both systems are connected directly to the router and the router is connected directly to a cable modem.
Suddenly I'm Dominate

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
3 years ago#4
thepain718 posted...
Both systems are connected directly to the router and the router is connected directly to a cable modem.

i think it may be dependent on your router. I did read that some routers only allow you to setup one, but some let you setup multiple.

User Info: sharksfan7

sharksfan7
3 years ago#5
I'm also curious about this. I keep getting a Strict NAT on my X1 and I think it might be because PSN and XBL use some of the same ports.
PSN: The_IceisRight , XBL: skelly415 , 3DS FC: 1521-2854-5997

User Info: iNoetic

iNoetic
3 years ago#6
Assign static IPs to your PS4 and Xbox One, then put them both in a DMZ using your router configuration page.

Very simple.
ive known enough people who had bad pregnancies to know its a 50-50 shot until the kids born. In spirit of the board you could buy used and adopt - tigerslashII

thepain718
3 years ago#7
Where do I assign the static IPs in port range forwarding and/or forward triggering?
Suddenly I'm Dominate

User Info: jasomramirez666

jasomramirez666
3 years ago#8
iNoetic posted...
Assign static IPs to your PS4 and Xbox One, then put them both in a DMZ using your router configuration page.

Very simple.

I dont think you can DMZ more than 1 device at a time unless you have a special router. Most routers only have 1 IP slot available for DMZ.

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
3 years ago#9
jasomramirez666 posted...
iNoetic posted...

Very simple.

I dont think you can DMZ more than 1 device at a time unless you have a special router. Most routers only have 1 IP slot available for DMZ.

You cant, just put one in dmz and do port fowarding for the other.
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit

thepain718
3 years ago#10
vashtricham posted...
jasomramirez666 posted...
iNoetic posted...

Very simple.

You cant, just put one in dmz and do port fowarding for the other.

I have one IP in DMZ so now do I put the other in Single Port or Port Range Forwarding?
Suddenly I'm Dominate
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Open NAT type for BOTH PS4 and XB1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived