Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
3 years ago#41
Option C

Tried Ikaruga?
Tried Resogun?
PSN: Jim_Berry - http://psnprofiles.com/Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/

User Info: patkelly929

patkelly929
3 years ago#42
Depends on the amount of content in that timespan.

Tons of content in a short, but replayable game? Good.

Little interesting content in a game that overstays its welcome? Bad.

Short game, no replay value, zero substance? Bad.

Long game, keeping me engaged the whole time, with lots to do? Good.

A game can be as short as it wants as long as the time I've spent playing it has been a good time. I'd rather play a short game than have a virtual chore.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 - Fletchinder, Magmar, and Charmeleon. PM me to get added.
PSN & XBL: ThePatKelly

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
3 years ago#43
vanquish was probably one of the shortest games i played this gen and also one of the very best.

Binary Domain which i played recently is also quite good and is also very short.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: butterbeancd

butterbeancd
3 years ago#44
I don't associate length with "good" or "bad," but I do associate length with my willingness to buy a game new. If a game is awesome but is short, I'll wait until the price drops. But if it's a longer game, I'm much more likely to buy it new because I like the "bang for your buck" factor. Hence my general love for RPGs, you really get the most for your money. I don't think length should have any bearing on if you think a game is good or not.
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I am the last Claptrap in existence, and I AM GOING TO TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!" - Claptrap, Borderlands 2

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
3 years ago#45
A game can be good without being too long.
But at the same time a good game CAN be too short for the asking price.

An example I would give is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. There's a quarter less content than in the previous one. There's no way $50 is fair for that. $30 sure. But I imagine this question has to do with that MGS demo/prologue thing. It's a glorified demo. $15 would be pushing it as far as I'm concerned.
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!

User Info: hrj

hrj
3 years ago#46
Absolutely not and I pity the fools who think it matters.
ICO was a masterpiece and could be completed in a little over an hour.
There are many examples of this.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: Darthvedder

Darthvedder
3 years ago#47
It depends on the game.

Uncharted,TLOU, Etc... 6 to 10 hrs is the perfect length.

A 6 to 10 hour Dragon Age would suck.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Does the length (game time) of a ps4 game help you decide if it's good or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived