I'm curious... does the idea of PS4.5 make you mad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I'm curious... does the idea of PS4.5 make you mad?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 year ago#11
Really want details, but I'm guessing we will have to wait till E3 before Sony announces it.
PSN: captsplatter

User Info: AnarchyCamp

AnarchyCamp
1 year ago#12
If it's just 4K then I don't care. If it has better performance on existing and upcoming games, I will be pissed. Just go all out and release PS5 in a couple of years.

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
1 year ago#13
DushkuLuva8790 posted...

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a link about its capabilities and what exactly its being created for? I'd love to read more about it before the official announcement.

^ http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137154-sony-playstation-4k-what-is-ps4-5-when-is-it-coming-and-how-will-it-affect-vr

Quote:
"The developer sources that have talked about Sony's PlayStation 4.5 plans have affectionately referred to it as PS4K. This is, obviously, because it has a big focus on 4K content."

It is even being dubbed "PS4k" specifically because its for 4k content.
It will NOT improve frame-rate or overall game quality, just resolution which is meaningless if you don't have a 4k tv.
Some of you are acting like chicken-littles claiming that the "sky is falling".

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
1 year ago#14
It's annoying. It's basically a middle finger to anyone who owns a PS4. It's not as bad as the NX, but still bad.
Check out my full 40 level SMM game in the link below
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OmegaDyne

User Info: DushkuLuva8790

DushkuLuva8790
1 year ago#15
shawnmck posted...
DushkuLuva8790 posted...

Not saying you're wrong, but do you have a link about its capabilities and what exactly its being created for? I'd love to read more about it before the official announcement.

^ http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137154-sony-playstation-4k-what-is-ps4-5-when-is-it-coming-and-how-will-it-affect-vr

Quote:
"The developer sources that have talked about Sony's PlayStation 4.5 plans have affectionately referred to it as PS4K. This is, obviously, because it has a big focus on 4K content."

Thanks!

CronoDyne posted...
It's annoying. It's basically a middle finger to anyone who owns a PS4. It's not as bad as the NX, but still bad.

Oh god... the whole NX thing made me rage a little bit.
-Drake... Is... Bae-

User Info: Master Alien

Master Alien
1 year ago#16
b1gt0ne posted...
shawnmck posted...
First of all, its NOT going to make games run better nor improve frame-rate. That is pure bull-s***.
Its specifically for VR gaming and those with 4k tv's, which most people do not even have. Plus, there are no games that have 4k resolution. Its mostly a select few blu-ray movies and pics. Therefore its pointless to be concerned or mad over it.

How about current ps4 owners that are anxiously awaiting VR? I hope they don't get screwed one way or another.

why are you so concerned about ps4 owners? you are so much of a nintendo fanboy that your likeness is so close to being "bigot one" that its quite amusing (almost too coincedental). idk if you are going for the comedic factor or not
"gaming doesn't have as bad of a mental effect on women and Asians as it does on white and black males" - RobJ24

User Info: OosontheLoose

OosontheLoose
1 year ago#17
CronoDyne posted...
It's basically a middle finger to anyone who owns a PS4.

Welcome to the world of Playstation.
NOW PLAYING: Ace Attorney: Justice For All and Deadly Premonition: Directors Cut

User Info: DrStran3g3

DrStran3g3
1 year ago#18
The proper 5 year standard console life cycle.

PS3

PS4

PS5

If this pattern was followed, PS5 is what we should be talking about this year. People who are mad at PS4.5 need to realize they bought too many Remasters for anyone to care about them getting blindsided by Sony.
PS1/PS2/PS3 Gen - CDs, DVDs, Bluray, Games, Backwards Compatibility.
PS4 Gen - The Remaster of the Remaster True Remaster Limited Edition

User Info: densetsu86

densetsu86
1 year ago#19
Why get mad over a fictional console? I don't see the point.

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
1 year ago#20
CronoDyne posted...

It's a 1,000,000x worse
Gamefaqs sucks.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. I'm curious... does the idea of PS4.5 make you mad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived