HyperX Cloud II headset question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. HyperX Cloud II headset question

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#1
Sorry for the stupid question, but people who own this headset, how exactly is the controller powered when using it on the PS4? I know you plug it directly into the controller but is that enough? do you have to power it with the usb
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

User Info: cloud0123

cloud0123
1 year ago#2
I would also like to know. Also, i was reading that ps4 can't use the USB card or have 7.1 simulated sound? If so then what's the point

User Info: TheDeadMoon

TheDeadMoon
1 year ago#3
You can plug it in either way, I mostly have it via the usb port, and yes you can do the 7.1 with it.
http://streetfighter.opticplay.com//go_files/images/thumbs/dan-beatinupken.gif
3DS FC: 1805-2490-3207

User Info: nephew62001

nephew62001
1 year ago#4
Just make sure you press the 7.1 button AFTER you turn on your ps4.

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#5
TheDeadMoon posted...
You can plug it in either way, I mostly have it via the usb port, and yes you can do the 7.1 with it.

oh cool, so basically it gets the "power" from the controller then? kind of like how i plug my earbud headphones into the phone?

I've never had a gaming headset like that, i was worried that i wouldn't be able to fit the USB across the room with the hyperX, but the whole power comes from the controller then? (assuming you choose not to use the 7.1?)

User Info: TheDeadMoon

TheDeadMoon
1 year ago#6
thefinalzapkeet posted...
TheDeadMoon posted...

oh cool, so basically it gets the "power" from the controller then? kind of like how i plug my earbud headphones into the phone?

I've never had a gaming headset like that, i was worried that i wouldn't be able to fit the USB across the room with the hyperX, but the whole power comes from the controller then? (assuming you choose not to use the 7.1?)

Yeah everything comes from the controller, the only thing that hooking it up with usb would do is make the sound 7.1
http://streetfighter.opticplay.com//go_files/images/thumbs/dan-beatinupken.gif
3DS FC: 1805-2490-3207

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#7
TheDeadMoon posted...
thefinalzapkeet posted...
TheDeadMoon posted...

Yeah everything comes from the controller, the only thing that hooking it up with usb would do is make the sound 7.1

awesome! thank you!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. HyperX Cloud II headset question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived