Playstation Store Pricing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Playstation Store Pricing

User Info: kingstag

kingstag
10 months ago#1
I had a free day today so I thought I'd browse the US Playstation Store and try out a new indie adventure game or two.

Is it me or do the general prices for PSN games seem wildly expensive? The majority of games are in the $12.95-$19.95 range with some going up into the $29.95 or even $39.95 range. That just seems crazy for some obscure indie title nobody has ever heard of. Is anyone actually buying these things or are they primarily European releases that are just being dumped in the US store?

I'd love to give some of these indies a try but they've got to get prices into the sub $10 range.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
10 months ago#2
Not sure why you expected anything less tbh

User Info: VanguardFate

VanguardFate
10 months ago#3
That's wildly expensive? They go on sale for sub $10 a lot, so just wait around, I guess.

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
10 months ago#4
ffs

just because you don't know about it doesn't mean the value should be less than the determined price by the publisher of said games. if you're truly interested in something, a couple of dollars shouldn't sway your decision on whether or not you should buy it.
umopapisdnpuaq

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
10 months ago#5
The main thing is you can catch them on sale.

Some of the indies are really good and definitely worth the price. Your best bet is to take the ones you are looking at and do some research to see if it was well received.
I spend half my day on gamefaqs reading about games I'll never have time to play.

User Info: fiyeroatheart

fiyeroatheart
10 months ago#6
kingstag posted...
I had a free day today so I thought I'd browse the US Playstation Store and try out a new indie adventure game or two.

Is it me or do the general prices for PSN games seem wildly expensive? The majority of games are in the $12.95-$19.95 range with some going up into the $29.95 or even $39.95 range. That just seems crazy for some obscure indie title nobody has ever heard of. Is anyone actually buying these things or are they primarily European releases that are just being dumped in the US store?

I'd love to give some of these indies a try but they've got to get prices into the sub $10 range.

WTF does that even have to do with anything?
Currently Playing: Radiant Historia(3DS), Earthlocke: Festival of Magic (PS4), Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita)

User Info: VoodooFingerz

VoodooFingerz
10 months ago#7
Put games on your wishlist and then when a sale comes around, run through your wishlist and see if any are discounted.

kingstag
10 months ago#8
Yeah, I find that to be too expensive for what looks like a middling indie game.

Take "Pineview Drive" for example. Sounds interesting from the description. Dropped in January for $29.95. Doesn't have any gameplay in the trailer. Who the hell is buying this thing for that price? I'd give it a try at $4.95 but no way am I throwing $30 away on a whim.

User Info: Helmet_Time

Helmet_Time
10 months ago#9
You just have to wait for sales. Even games from pretty big companies like Bandai can drop into the $5 from time to time. Same with indies. But, again, that means waiting for sales. You should chekc them out every time they get announced.

kingstag
10 months ago#10
VoodooFingerz posted...
Put games on your wishlist and then when a sale comes around, run through your wishlist and see if any are discounted.

This is actually a good idea. What's the best way of keeping up on when Sony is having a sale?

I'd kill some some Humble Bundles or a good Steam-level sale.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Playstation Store Pricing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived