Hi all, are these games worth it today????World of final fantasy and star ocean

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Hi all, are these games worth it today????World of final fantasy and star ocean

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
7 months ago#1
Also is garden warfare 4 player split screen? thank you guys and gals

User Info: LustValkyrie

LustValkyrie
7 months ago#2
SO is an acquired taste. After SO2, it's hard to place it in a good or bad scale. It's like Tales, you love it or you hate it.

General population will say it's bad. But to eache their own.
FC: 5086-5019-6860

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
7 months ago#3
World of Final Fantasy is like a love letter to long time Final Fantasy fans. It's like if they took the classic ATB systems, merged it with Pokemon monster raising, and combined it with the various worlds and silly tone of Kingdom Hearts.

I wouldn't say it's for everyone, but the story is enjoyable, even if it does have a few issues with a few exposition dumps rather than naturally weaving it throughout the story. Music is excellent, characters are fun, visuals are very appealing, and the battle system is enjoyable. However, before you begin the game, I would suggest setting the battle speed to 5 (fastest), and battle mode to active, these settings will make the battle system far more intense.

As for Star Ocean, it's a Tri Ace game. Super fun, but heavily flawed. This one is no different. Although, this one seems to have been hampered by a pretty low budget, and it shows in certain spots. Namely the story presentation. There's a severe lack of cutscenes, making the other wise decent story have much less impact. The game is also quite small in scale, again, probably due to the small budget. It only takes place on one world, and there's only a handful of areas to explore. But again, the game is quite fun, just not what it should have been. One thing to note about it, though, to get a better understanding of the characters, it's almost required to do their private actions.

As for Garden Warfare, I believe it's online only, and requires PS+ to even play it.
RPG terms I use;
Traditional RPG, Advanced RPG, Action RPG, Strategy RPG, and Hybrid RPG
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Hi all, are these games worth it today????World of final fantasy and star ocean

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived