PUBG has changed gaming forever

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PUBG has changed gaming forever

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
4 months ago#41
After it gets out of early access/preview program
"When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger." - Confucius

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
4 months ago#42
looks like trash to me I don't see why anyone would play this.

User Info: Sens-Hangar_18

Sens-Hangar_18
4 months ago#43
Sheepinator posted...
Sens-Hangar_18 posted...
The salt is delicious keep it coming

Most played game on the planet right now baby

Says here it's the 3rd most played game on Steam, and there are other platforms. LoL is probably far higher too. This all means you are full of s***.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

This is all without consoles. It's about to take overrun gaming when it drops.
Hardest man on gameFAQs

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
4 months ago#44
Strav23 posted...
Dempig posted...
Laocedric16 posted...
New_Recipayh posted...
Looks like another FPS/TPS hybrid to me with some RNG mixed in stew.

Anything special about this game?

Nope, it's just a fad like For Honor. wait a few months and I'm sure its playerbase will plummet. although I do think the devs will continue support, so there's that.

h1z1 battle royale went strong for over a year, its def not going anywhere

Also PUBG has passed 8 million copies sold and it's still in early access and not on Xbox yet. I am pretty sure it surpassed League of Legends on Twitch so it's definitely not going anywhere.

Two games (League of Legends and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds) that prove to me that I have vastly different tastes than most other gamers. I find both those games to be supremely boring and overplayed, generic, and just repetitive. I will never understand how games like that become so popular.

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
4 months ago#45
@R_Jackal posted...
InnerSpace posted...
Laocedric16 posted...
New_Recipayh posted...
Looks like another FPS/TPS hybrid to me with some RNG mixed in stew.

Anything special about this game?

Nope, it's just a fad like For Honor. wait a few months and I'm sure its playerbase will plummet. although I do think the devs will continue support, so there's that.

I'd say the fact that it's an independent early access game that hit 8 million players while still in early access and even forced AAA publishers like Ubisoft to delve into copycat modes should tell you it's a little different than its' predecessors. That's five months in EA on a single platform where it's outsold or sold on par with franchises like Ace Attorney, Doom, Banjo-Kazooie, Marvel vs. Capcom, Hitman, Dead Rising, Dead Space, and Ninja Gaiden. Not games: franchises. A five-month old early access game that has built up a playerbase exclusively on pc is outperforming decades-old video game franchises. It'll peter out eventually, but more at the rate Halo did.

I don't like it, but it's competing in player count with Valve games that have held top spots for ages, and beat Grand Theft Auto, of all titles. As little as Battlegrounds interests me, For Honor wishes it had that kind of an install base

Explain how it's different than its predecessors. Out-performing niche titles in a fad-based genre isn't impressive.

It's an independent title that has outperformed entire series' that have been mainstays for decades. I already told you I don't like it, so I won't speak to its' merits as a game, but those go millions of users beyond 'fad' numbers. You asked how it was impressive: everything I listed is an industry high usually only seen by 'fastest-selling' game titles like Halo or GTA, and never seen by new IPs; and by an inddependent publisher. I'm not trying to sell it as a good game, because I'm not exactly of the mindset that it's a good game, but it performs at a much higher level on the charts than any For Honor-style 'fad'

It will, however, turn battle royale-style gameplay into the new fad, which I'm not looking forward to. It's likely going to be ths new Horde mode for AAA games
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: midgar

midgar
4 months ago#46
WTGHookshot posted...

Two games (League of Legends and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds) that prove to me that I have vastly different tastes than most other gamers. I find both those games to be supremely boring and overplayed, generic, and just repetitive. I will never understand how games like that become so popular.

I have to agree. It's just another FPS where you can acquire loot in places. It's not at all exciting or
interesting the way Tribes, TF, HL, CS, or BF2/Joint Ops were when they dropped. It's like adding a loot
table and a sandbox environment make it more appealing. To me, it doesn't. When I think FPS'/TPS, I
think balanced, well thought out maps and rewarding team work. I'd rather see a new MAG than BG on consoles.

For me, PC is all about experiences that really only really work on PC or are types of game rarely found
on console. Building games like Scrap Mechanic and Homebrew are some of my faves, but I also love
Undertale, Gear Up/Crossout, Shadow Tactics, Shadowrun, and I'm excited for City of the Shroud.

There are enough games like PUBG on PC at this point that seeing another doesn't even raise an eyebrow, for me.

Anything with the tag "survival" or "zombies" generally gets an eyeroll from me, as well. I can see why
it'd have some appeal if you're exclusively a console gamer though, since it's much more rare in a console
game to see a sandbox-ish game with something other than instanced, match based gameplay. *shrug*
Now playing: BF1, XCOM2, Rocket League, Scrap Mechanic.
GT/PSN/Steam: Novidian

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 months ago#47
bsballa09 posted...
Lol no.
Posted with GameRaven 3.2.2

User Info: RockLee94

RockLee94
4 months ago#48
*Watches YouTube stream of a generic shooter with the added bonus of a******s blaring car horns to annoy people*

Yeah... revolutionary
Huck it chuck it football

User Info: AbstraktProfSC2

AbstraktProfSC2
4 months ago#49
haha lotta salty console peasants in here
Talk about backseat fishing.

User Info: Sens-Hangar_18

Sens-Hangar_18
4 months ago#50
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...
haha lotta salty console peasants in here

This board will be a salt mine when it wins goty
Hardest man on gameFAQs
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PUBG has changed gaming forever

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived