Why do you need Ubisoft Play to download the free copy of Stick of Truth?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do you need Ubisoft Play to download the free copy of Stick of Truth?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
2 months ago#1
Amazon is telling me I need to have a Uplay account to download the free copy of Stick of Truth I get for preordering Fractured But Whole. is this true? Why? Why can't I just get it from the PS Store like a normal game?
Sony, Ima let you finish, but Nintendo just announced TWO new Metroid games!!

User Info: ssjmatthew

ssjmatthew
2 months ago#2
Maybe it's downloaded through the uplay thing and not the psn store like the bonus stuff you buy with the uplay credits you earn playing ubisoft games?

That's all I can think of.
A long time ago I spilled a drink on this girl becky, she screamed at me, I vowed never to speak to a woman again, and I never did......not even the ones I ate.

User Info: pushingstones

pushingstones
2 months ago#3
There's achievements in the game that are tied to the uplay system. Not saying it's right or wanted, but it's built into the game.

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
2 months ago#4
pushingstones posted...
There's achievements in the game that are tied to the uplay system. Not saying it's right or wanted, but it's built into the game.

So do I have to be logged into UPlay at all times just to play it?
Sony, Ima let you finish, but Nintendo just announced TWO new Metroid games!!

User Info: DarkShinigami1

DarkShinigami1
2 months ago#5
no you dont just some achievements are locked behind uplay so not a big issue for those who are after trophies
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why do you need Ubisoft Play to download the free copy of Stick of Truth?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived