"Middle Finger Endings" in video games (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. "Middle Finger Endings" in video games (spoilers)

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#81
Bulletstorm.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
1 month ago#82
Nothing has been a bigger middle finger to me than Star Ocean 3. There are some bad endings, but I don't know of any other game that made the stories of the other games in the series meaningless.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
1 month ago#83
SAGeist posted...
Dont get the hate for Mass Effect 3. the entire game was meant to be the ending. all of your choices had outcomes DURING the game, they didn't just get saved up for some big ending effect.

sure the choices at the end kind of sucked, but how else are they going to end a story about world destroying super alien machines without some contrived star child s***.

Look up interviews leading up to Mass Effect 3's launch. Every one they said "all of your choices through the whole series will matter in the ending of 3" They brought it on themselves. It was one of the biggest lie campaigns this side of Peter Molyneux until Hello Games took the belt.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
1 month ago#84
Not a PS4 game, but Xenoblade Chronicles X. Main story is a bit sloppy, but I do think it's intruiging. However, it pretty much ends on a cliffhanger and there's no telling if or when it will be continued.

I also thought the ending of Dead Nation was a big middle finger. To those who are curious (spoilers): You escape the city and deliver the patient zero sample. Your character is experimented on. Then he commits suicide.. Afterwards he turns into a zombie and kills the doctor. The end. You beat a hard and challenging game. You accomplished nothing. F*** you player!

bmouse6 posted...
DOOM
After slaughtering a horde of demons on Mars and in Hell, you're betrayed by a doctor with the most sinister voice possible and a cybernetic body. Who could have predicted that? If anything, it's a sequel bait, but felt kinda cheap to me.

It was the only time I was actually not disappointed with a cliffhanger ending. The game didn't exactly have much of a story anyhow. I felt like the ending was badass and I was just happy that it pretty much confirmed a sequel to such an awesome game. And it was made pretty clear in the game that your character doesn't trust the doctor and that the doctor was just trying to use your character to achieve his own selfish goal.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
1 month ago#85
What's wrong with the Spaceship ending in Homecoming? Lol

User Info: Magula_Garula

Magula_Garula
1 month ago#86
Halo 2 and The Order: 1886 spring to mind.

User Info: ArkhamEscapee

ArkhamEscapee
1 month ago#87
bmouse6 posted...
L.A. Noire
The game starts out great with the serial killings and whatnot, but after all the expose, after all the hard work, after all the evidence you collect you never get to bust Mickey Cohen, which, judging by the pace of the game, should have been inevitable, and on top of that Cole bites the dust in a sudden sucker punch kinda way, and the game ends leaving you with a feeling that nothing you accomplished really did matter after all.

Are you familiar with the noir genre at all? Because that's kind of exactly the point of the genre.
PSN Agnol117

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 month ago#88
baddestwitcher posted...

ASSASSIN'S CREED 3

If you meant the present day ending, then yes. I agree. Connor's ending was awesome though.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: KushKaizer88

KushKaizer88
1 month ago#89
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Fortunately, Lightning Returns ending made up for it.
"Face it fanboys, this game looks more Metal Gear than anything Kojima has ever done..." - lambchips weighs in on MG Survive.
https://goo.gl/0nSpFd

User Info: nordendorf

nordendorf
1 month ago#90
Fable 2
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. "Middle Finger Endings" in video games (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived