Recommend me a good japanese game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Recommend me a good japanese game

User Info: nononoyesyesyes

nononoyesyesyes
1 month ago#21
gundam breaker series
jikkyou series
god eater series
yakuza series
ys series
final fantasy series
phantasy star series
hajime no ippo series

note:
the vs aspect of gundam has never been for me, but cooperative wise...
the game shines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-_Ji05XMFQ

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
1 month ago#22
Japanese games?

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
Final Fantasy XII HD
Metal Gear Solid
Ni No Kuni 2 soon
KH 3 soon
FFVII remake soon
secret of mana soon
left alive soon
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
1 month ago#23
da_StoOge posted...
I'm going to derail this topic immediately, but why aren't you interested in Persona?
Because I thought it was going to be a school girl/boy dating sim, but was pleasantly surprised with the story.

And to stay on topic, what about Yakuza? A very mature main story but with tons of goofy side content.

yeah, people always call it one but...its really not, at all. Why that characterization has stuck I'll never understand.
Just shut the hell up and talk about games, im so tired of the politics of gaming...

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
1 month ago#24
Ys VIII. It has a somewhat slow start, but the incredibly fun gameplay, awesome music, huge variety in monsters to kill, likable characters, tons of vastly different skills to learn, and once the story finds its stride it does get really interesting, make it one of the best games this year, in my opinion. There's a gameplay demo, so see if it's up your alley.
RPG terms I use;
Traditional RPG, Advanced RPG, Action RPG, Strategy RPG, and Hybrid RPG

User Info: codman4

codman4
1 month ago#25
I think most of the best ones are covered. By the way, Dragon Ball Fighter Z is coming out next year, in case you haven't heard of it.

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
1 month ago#26
Thanks to everyone. I haven't responded in a timely fashion but have been youtubing gameplay videos for many of the games you all listed along with their cost at Gamestop or Target. Thanks again to all. I have narrowed my list down to the following 5 games:

Yakuza 0
Exist Archive
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Gundam Breaker 3
Final Fantasy IX

Now out of those 5 which do you guys thinks shines the most? Keep in mind I am looking for a game that has an engaging plot + characters along with solid gameplay that doesn't become tedious like Digimon World (Original PS game).

I wish FromSoftware would release a new armored core game. I adore that series.

User Info: Chucky86

Chucky86
1 month ago#27
Odin Sphere is pretty fun.
Damn, you are adorable. Did you pick that gun because it looks cool? You totally did, right? I ain't gonna lie. You scare the s*** out of me.

User Info: patkelly929

patkelly929
1 month ago#28
oryo23 posted...
i recommend Yakuza 0

I second this.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 PM me to get added.
Nintendo ID & PSN: ThePatKelly, XBL: The Pat Kelly

User Info: SEA_

SEA_
1 month ago#29
-BorrisMcD- posted...
Having recently gotten into the series get Yakuza 0. I am now almost done with kawami than plan on going through 2-5 then 6 when it comes out.

fyi they're also currently making a remake of 2 (called Kiwami 2), that probably won't be localized in the west for a while though

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#30
If you liked Drakengard, and you tried to get into a Gundam game, my recommendation is one of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games for PS3 / 360.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Recommend me a good japanese game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived