Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
4 weeks ago#121
The problem here is that weebs are easily pleased
Devs can make a lazy game with no substance and it will sell just because of weeb service, this is bad for the industry
I wish weebs go back to their hentais and stop ruining japanese games
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: neccis

neccis
4 weeks ago#122
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...
Think about it. 20 years ago, we didn't have the influx of weeb games that we are seeing now. I mean, we've always had quality Japanese games, but the weeby stuff like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, etc didn't really have a following in the west like it does today.

Do you think this renewed interest in weeb games has something to do with the culture nowadays? Do you think weeb gaming will fade back into obscurity, or is it here to stay?

There's still plenty of broforce, don't panic.

But to someone like me its a problem
I dont like fps games, fighting games, racing... I used to love jrpgs, but now there are a few good jrpgs and the majority is just weeb bait like persona tales of netunia star ocean 5, now even xenoblade is getting weebier

Ya know, I don't like any of those types of games either but what are you going to do? Eventually things will change, they always do.
PSN: siccen_
splits open to reveal jam

h_durao
4 weeks ago#123
neccis posted...
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...
Think about it. 20 years ago, we didn't have the influx of weeb games that we are seeing now. I mean, we've always had quality Japanese games, but the weeby stuff like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, etc didn't really have a following in the west like it does today.

Do you think this renewed interest in weeb games has something to do with the culture nowadays? Do you think weeb gaming will fade back into obscurity, or is it here to stay?

I dont like fps games, fighting games, racing... I used to love jrpgs, but now there are a few good jrpgs and the majority is just weeb bait like persona tales of netunia star ocean 5, now even xenoblade is getting weebier

Ya know, I don't like any of those types of games either but what are you going to do? Eventually things will change, they always do.

I'll support the games that doesn't choose the lazy weeb bait way buying them
also I can use the forums to speak against the weeabofication of japanese games, we have a voice as costumers

User Info: Omega_Red

Omega_Red
4 weeks ago#124
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...

also I can use the forums to speak against the weeabofication of japanese games, we have a voice as costumers

You don't like the Japanese art style, don't buy their games, but keep your s***ty opinion to your self.
Nobody cares about what you like.
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/omega-red/
PlayStation Network: The_Red_KingIII

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 weeks ago#125
Omega_Red posted...
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
h_durao posted...
neccis posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...

You don't like the Japanese art style, don't buy their games, but keep your s***ty opinion to your self.

I'd argue he has a right to voicing his opinion, though he could do it in a more respectful manner.

For example, I don't really like the Souls-style games, and I don't shy away from being vocal about it, but I don't immediately say "anyone who likes that s*** game design is s*** themselves." That's doing nothing but creating enemies where there really shouldn't be any.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

h_durao
4 weeks ago#126
Omega_Red posted...

if you don't like my opinion just block me

theshoveller posted...
I'd argue he has a right to voicing his opinion, though he could do it in a more respectful manner.

For example, I don't really like the Souls-style games, and I don't shy away from being vocal about it, but I don't immediately say "anyone who likes that s*** game design is s*** themselves." That's doing nothing but creating enemies where there really shouldn't be any.

I'm calling weeb games garbage, not people who play those games...

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
4 weeks ago#127
h_durao posted...
The problem here is that weebs are easily pleased
Devs can make a lazy game with no substance and it will sell just because of weeb service, this is bad for the industry

No substance according to you.

h_durao posted...
I wish weebs go back to their hentais and stop ruining japanese games

Yeah, games that you whine about that existed as far as back as the PS2 AND the PSP.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
4 weeks ago#128
h_durao posted...
Omega_Red posted...

if you don't like my opinion just block me

theshoveller posted...

I'm calling weeb games garbage, not people who play those games...

Fair enough, but I still don't call something like the Souls-style games I don't like "s*** games," you know?
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: Omega_Red

Omega_Red
4 weeks ago#129
Games like Rogue Galaxy, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean till the end of time, Digital Devil Saga.
These games are gems.
They are all Japanese, all highly rated and all masterpieces in thier own way.
You're trying so hard to down JRPGs but they will outlast your lifetime.
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/omega-red/
PlayStation Network: The_Red_KingIII

User Info: peontom

peontom
4 weeks ago#130
C0c0nuttz posted...

No, but smartphone gaming is.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived