Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
1 month ago#131
theshoveller posted...
h_durao posted...
Omega_Red posted...
You don't like the Japanese art style, don't buy their games, but keep your s***ty opinion to your self.
Nobody cares about what you like.

if you don't like my opinion just block me

theshoveller posted...
I'd argue he has a right to voicing his opinion, though he could do it in a more respectful manner.

For example, I don't really like the Souls-style games, and I don't shy away from being vocal about it, but I don't immediately say "anyone who likes that s*** game design is s*** themselves." That's doing nothing but creating enemies where there really shouldn't be any.

I'm calling weeb games garbage, not people who play those games...

Fair enough, but I still don't call something like the Souls-style games I don't like "s*** games," you know?

but you think they are s***, right?
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#132
h_durao posted...
theshoveller posted...
h_durao posted...
Omega_Red posted...
You don't like the Japanese art style, don't buy their games, but keep your s***ty opinion to your self.
Nobody cares about what you like.

if you don't like my opinion just block me

theshoveller posted...
I'd argue he has a right to voicing his opinion, though he could do it in a more respectful manner.

For example, I don't really like the Souls-style games, and I don't shy away from being vocal about it, but I don't immediately say "anyone who likes that s*** game design is s*** themselves." That's doing nothing but creating enemies where there really shouldn't be any.

I'm calling weeb games garbage, not people who play those games...

Fair enough, but I still don't call something like the Souls-style games I don't like "s*** games," you know?

but you think they are s***, right?

Nope. They're just not my thing. Not a fan of games where "difficulty" equals "harsh punishment for failure." I'd argue that Cuphead is a better example of a "difficult game" because even though it's a challenge, it encourages the player to keep trying by its design.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: bigjclassic

bigjclassic
1 month ago#133
C0c0nuttz posted...
Think about it. 20 years ago, we didn't have the influx of weeb games that we are seeing now. I mean, we've always had quality Japanese games, but the weeby stuff like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, etc didn't really have a following in the west like it does today.

Do you think this renewed interest in weeb games has something to do with the culture nowadays? Do you think weeb gaming will fade back into obscurity, or is it here to stay?

So you never played SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast or PS2?

Tons of japanese/weebs games on those.

Goemon, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon games, and so many IPs were out then. And it was GLORIOUS!
PSN/steam: classicviolence Switch FC: 441991068406 3DS: 087719974865
Gamefaqs: Home of mod-alts, shills, sock puppets, and mentally ill trolls

h_durao
1 month ago#134
bigjclassic posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...
Think about it. 20 years ago, we didn't have the influx of weeb games that we are seeing now. I mean, we've always had quality Japanese games, but the weeby stuff like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, etc didn't really have a following in the west like it does today.

Do you think this renewed interest in weeb games has something to do with the culture nowadays? Do you think weeb gaming will fade back into obscurity, or is it here to stay?

tons of japanese games, but not weeb games
weeb games are persona, akiba strip, netunia, newer tales of... well this thread is full of examples, I took the time to upload a lot of pics of weeb games

User Info: C0c0nuttz

C0c0nuttz
1 month ago#135
Omega_Red posted...
Only morons go around using the word weeb.
The sad thing is that these losers screaming weeb have the attention span of a gnat.
They suffer from attention deficit disorder which is why they try to hate on jrpgs since it requires focus, it requires a little reading and brain processing.
It's like the moron in school who likes to make fun of the smart kid, deep down he's just jealous and will end up being a janitor in the smart kids building.
Twitch shooters are for casuals, he'll most of what the west produces is catered to the casual crowd.
Western gamers are a joke.
There is no competition.
Stay with your loot boxes and leave Japan out your mouth.

Lmao THIS is #triggered
Relax, they're only words on the internet.

h_durao
1 month ago#136
C0c0nuttz posted...
Omega_Red posted...
Only morons go around using the word weeb.
The sad thing is that these losers screaming weeb have the attention span of a gnat.
They suffer from attention deficit disorder which is why they try to hate on jrpgs since it requires focus, it requires a little reading and brain processing.
It's like the moron in school who likes to make fun of the smart kid, deep down he's just jealous and will end up being a janitor in the smart kids building.
Twitch shooters are for casuals, he'll most of what the west produces is catered to the casual crowd.
Western gamers are a joke.
There is no competition.
Stay with your loot boxes and leave Japan out your mouth.

Lmao THIS is #triggered

lol what a huge weeb

User Info: Cynrascal

Cynrascal
1 month ago#137
h_durao posted...
bigjclassic posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...

weeb games are persona, akiba strip, netunia, newer tales of... well this thread is full of examples, I took the time to upload a lot of pics of weeb games

Games that has origins as far back as the PSP...Hell, let's go even further back with the FIRST Playstation.
When were you under the impression that being a "JRPG hipster" is a bad thing?

h_durao
1 month ago#138
Cynrascal posted...
h_durao posted...
bigjclassic posted...
C0c0nuttz posted...

Games that has origins as far back as the PSP...Hell, let's go even further back with the FIRST Playstation.

but we have now more weeb games than ever

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
1 month ago#139
C0c0nuttz posted...
20 years ago, we didn't have the influx of weeb games that we are seeing now. I mean, we've always had quality Japanese games, but the weeby stuff like Neptunia, Senran Kagura, etc didn't really have a following in the west like it does today.

Well, as far as quantity goes, we've never had as many games as we get today, period. Second, some of the "weeb" series we have today actually started on the PS1, like the Atelier series. So technically, we've definitely had them for over 20 years by now.
http://functor.bandcamp.com
http://cadavericlividity.bandcamp.com

User Info: DOAbayman

DOAbayman
1 month ago#140
"weeb" gaming is up to whatever is popular in anime and that changes over the years.
"Are you one of those scrubs that likes the story spoon fed to you?"
"You mean books?"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is weeb gaming just a passing fad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived