Added some guy on PSN and am having a odd conversation.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Added some guy on PSN and am having a odd conversation.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#1
So this guy randomly added me the other day after I posted on a Game Grumps community. I only have like 20 friends and generally add anyone who requests so I figured why not. The guy is lvl 4 and only has a few free to play games, Minecraft and Minecraft story mode in his library so I figured he was a little kid.

Anyway, I just got on today and actually see him online (usually sent me messages at 3AM in the morning) I don't know how to take screen shots so I'll just retype the conversation.

Me: Hi man, you want to play Minecraft?
Him: Yes OK
*I send party invite*
Him: I'm can't have party

I figure this isn't too weird if he is indeed a little kid his parents have probably locked him out of online communication features. I go ahead and make a new Minecraft world online and send him a game invite.

Me: I made a online world
*send game invite*
Him: I don't have Plus

I honestly didn't even notice that. I'm so used to everyone having Plus at this point

Him: Know Paypal email and password can get plus
Him: Hello You ok?

I haven't said a word since he mentioned Paypal and he's still sending me new messages every few minutes, asking what my name is, telling me his name is "Mustafa" and he's from "Luton English" he sent me a party invite a couple minutes ago even though he said he can't party chat earlier....now he's sending me Sackboy stickers.

I'm really not sure what I should do now. The second he mentioned Paypal I became kind of uncomfortable. I don't have a paypal account tied to my PS4 and I'm sure as hell not buying a Plus subscription from some kid on the other side of the planet.
Does this sound like some kind of scammer to you guys? or just a weird kid? either way I'm probably just going to block/remove him.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: KrisGreen

KrisGreen
1 month ago#2
PsychoWolfX posted...
So this guy randomly added me the other day after I posted on a Game Grumps community. I only have like 20 friends and generally add anyone who requests so I figured why not. The guy is lvl 4 and only has a few free to play games, Minecraft and Minecraft story mode in his library so I figured he was a little kid.

Anyway, I just got on today and actually see him online (usually sent me messages at 3AM in the morning) I don't know how to take screen shots so I'll just retype the conversation.

Me: Hi man, you want to play Minecraft?
Him: Yes OK
*I send party invite*
Him: I'm can't have party

I figure this isn't too weird if he is indeed a little kid his parents have probably locked him out of online communication features. I go ahead and make a new Minecraft world online and send him a game invite.

Me: I made a online world
*send game invite*
Him: I don't have Plus

I honestly didn't even notice that. I'm so used to everyone having Plus at this point

Him: Know Paypal email and password can get plus
Him: Hello You ok?

I haven't said a word since he mentioned Paypal and he's still sending me new messages every few minutes, asking what my name is, telling me his name is "Mustafa" and he's from "Luton English" he sent me a party invite a couple minutes ago even though he said he can't party chat earlier....now he's sending me Sackboy stickers.

I'm really not sure what I should do now. The second he mentioned Paypal I became kind of uncomfortable. I don't have a paypal account tied to my PS4 and I'm sure as hell not buying a Plus subscription from some kid on the other side of the planet.
Does this sound like some kind of scammer to you guys? or just a weird kid? either way I'm probably just going to block/remove him.

You report him to Sony. He is trying to scam you out of money

User Info: Irony

Irony
1 month ago#3
Stop interacting with Russian bots
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgtc.com/tHc3mIo.png http://i.imgtc.com/PYxw8Lm.png

User Info: MattVSin

MattVSin
1 month ago#4
If it looks like a scammer and sounds like a scammer, it's probably a scammer.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Mattvsin.png
PSN: MattVSin

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
1 month ago#5
Block them and report them.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#6
Irony posted...
Stop interacting with Russian bots

lol that was my first thought when he mentioned Paypal, but the guy has been posting on a community, has a few trophies and games, is playing Minecraft right now and is responding to my messages. If it's a bot it's a bit more sophisticated then those "I'm a hot, bored collage girl" bots.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: C0c0nuttz

C0c0nuttz
1 month ago#7
Definitely a scam.
Relax, they're only words on the internet.

User Info: donreymon

donreymon
1 month ago#8
REPORT, that is what you have to do my friend.

PsychoWolfX
1 month ago#9
Reported, Blocked and deleted.
I really hope this wasn't actually just some dumb little kid, but I'm going with you guy's advice. There were just too many red flags to ignore. If by some astronomical chance this was actually a real person, I'm sorry
The account name was "Mf360_no_scope"

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#10
He wants to play Minecraft so that when he sends out his next email about being a Nigerian prince and being imprisoned wrongfully, needing $50,000 which he'll pay back at a rate of 10:1 once he's freed, he can be somewhat accurate.

I mean, if he puts blocks all around himself, and he called his world "Nigeria," then he wouldn't be lying that much...
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Added some guy on PSN and am having a odd conversation.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived