Is there anyone here that doesn't really care for New Game Plus in games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is there anyone here that doesn't really care for New Game Plus in games?

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
1 month ago#11
juker79 posted...
Never really did care for it, until Bloodborne sucked me.

Man, the one time you forget to leave a word out... hahahahaha.
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!

User Info: Alpha_Jam

Alpha_Jam
1 month ago#12
The only games I've ever NG+ were Golden Sun 2 (because it's my favorite game), Persona 4 Golden for some odd reason, and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen recently.

Generally, I completely ignore that option. I finish a game and move on.

I played Bloodborne like 6 times, but each time was a fresh save. I don't find a little beefier enemies and retaining my endgame overpowered-ness to be more gratifying than starting over from scratch and struggling to get optimized.

I'll only touch NG+ if there is completely new content to explore. Most games only add difficulty and/or one bonus boss fight and call it a day, I don't care for that. Kudos to those that do though.
The Alpha of the Apex Predators
3DS Friend Code: 0404-9320-5852 / Switch Friend Code: SW-6373-7563-6511 / PSN ID: Pr3d4t0r__4lph4 (2 underscores)

User Info: Roins

Roins
1 month ago#13
Bump

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
1 month ago#14
I think New Game + is a positive thing if it adds substantial gameplay mechanics into the mix. For instance, introducing different story paths, game regions, or items you can obtain, makes New Game + a more worthwhile thing to include in your game. I'm still willing to play games that simply just keeps your stats (sometimes gear) over for the next playthrough, but I can see why someone would want something more substantial.

And yeah, I would agree with the sentiment of one of the people above Dragons Dogma having some good NG+ components. I remember also playing another game called Tales of Vesperia, and that game also seemed to have some unique NG+ mechanics. You could activate certain conditions for your next playthrough by acquiring a hidden credit amount during the course of your first playthrough. This could then be used on the next playthrough to activate or unlock certain features the next time (ex. More/Less XP gains, Unlock all party dialogue, etc).
I used to play drummer for the Stationary Berserkers. Our lead vocalist was Flak Cannon

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
1 month ago#15
I have thousands of hours in the Souls games. 0 on ng+
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: SneakiestNeg

SneakiestNeg
1 month ago#16
Check out trophy stats for the game you're playing right now. How many people reached the end credits? I bet its something like 30%.

Chances of me replaying a game is pretty slim considering all the games that come out every month.

User Info: wizaerd

wizaerd
1 month ago#17
I have never used a New Game Plus, and I really don't see what the big deal about it is. I've seen some games that didn't have it, and people got all irate about it...
"Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse..."

User Info: geodANGER

geodANGER
1 month ago#18
I remember wishing NInja gaiden 2 and the Bioshock games Had new games plus so I could play on harder difficulties with all the upgrades. wasn't about to start all over, so I just played through each once.
GT/Psn: Geodanger25

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#19
Borderlands 2 does it the best
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
1 month ago#20
Depends on how the game goes about it.

I actually really liked how Final Fantasy X-2 did it. Your levels were reset but you got to keep all of the classes you unlocked.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is there anyone here that doesn't really care for New Game Plus in games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived