Dark Souls Remaster wont be using the Dark Souls 3 engine, upscaled port only.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dark Souls Remaster wont be using the Dark Souls 3 engine, upscaled port only.
https://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-remastered-will-not-be-using-new-assets-482196.phtml

Pretty disappointing. I can already play the game with the base assets at high res and 60 fps on pc. With free online to boot.

Only appealing version for someone in my position is now the Switch version, for portable play.

Makes sense why it's not on the DS3 engine though, Switch couldn't handle it. Still, disappointment.
KunioInTraining posted...
https://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-remastered-will-not-be-using-new-assets-482196.phtml

Pretty disappointing. I can already play the game with the base assets at high res and 60 fps on pc. With free online to boot.

Only appealing version for someone in my position is now the Switch version, for portable play.

Makes sense why it's not on the DS3 engine though, Switch couldn't handle it. Still, disappointment.

That would have been cool, but I wondwr if it would ruin the authenticity of the game

User Info: KunioInTraining

KunioInTraining
4 days ago#3
DragonKnightFPQ posted...
KunioInTraining posted...

That would have been cool, but I wondwr if it would ruin the authenticity of the game

Maybe, but i'm sure there's lots of Souls fans who would love to see a DS3 engine remake.

User Info: LuciferTerror

LuciferTerror
4 days ago#4
Well, that's not surprising.
~Blood is the seal of our devotion.
How is this a surprise?

User Info: cloud0123

cloud0123
4 days ago#6
Wow. Lame. Expected. But lame.

KunioInTraining
4 days ago#7
LuciferTerror posted...
Well, that's not surprising.

Yeah i kinda suspected this. Otherwise it would've had to be Dark Souls 3 engine on PS4 and Xbone, and DS1 engine on Switch. I doubt they would put that much effort into a $40 release. Ah well, i guess its ok for those who don't own the game yet. But I'll be getting it on Switch.

User Info: Trailblazer34

Trailblazer34
4 days ago#8
Why is this even releasing on pc then???

KunioInTraining
4 days ago#9
Trailblazer34 posted...
Why is this even releasing on pc then???

Should be a free upgrade on steam imo.

User Info: Kino

Kino
4 days ago#10
It's a remaster, not a remake.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Dark Souls Remaster wont be using the Dark Souls 3 engine, upscaled port only.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.