At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

User Info: Decepticon89

Decepticon89
4 years ago#11
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...
a lot of people don't have the time or money to keep up with an maintain a state of the art gaming PC. A guy could play a game on his computer from 2010 and in 2013 his computer will be able to play a game from 2013 but possibly not at optimal settings.

Game consoles erase that. A 360 bought on day one, assuming it didn't red ring, can play a game that comes out in june of this year.

Computers from 2010 should have no problem maxing out 2013 games...

Ok. then lets put this in new perspective shall we. A computer purchased in late 2005 that is completely unmodified will not be able to play a game purchased june 2013 at full capability.

A 360 purchased in late 2005, again, assuming it didn't red ring, will play a 360 game coming out in june exactly the same....get what i'm saying?
"It's like a party in my mouth, and everyone's throwing up."

User Info: Random222

Random222
4 years ago#12
Only thing I came up with is exclusive game titles.

Aside from that I kept laughing every time they mentioned something like their amazing "snap" "feature." >.>

I recently bought a digital download copy of Dark Souls on Amazon for $7. I doubt there will be any such pricing for new OR used (fee) games on the live marketplace.

Plus access to things like the vast library of MMOs that microsoft won't touch.

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
4 years ago#13
It's a lie that a PC doesn't need to be upgraded regularly to maintain usefulness, gaming wise. Granted, it's not every 3 months like people seem to believe, but still..

If your PC isn't running games on ultra, you're not having a much better looking experience than a 360 or PS3, save for games like Farcry 3 which blasted both console versions even on low. However, most of the time this is not the case, Usually medium = console graphics. It's an annoying process to make each new game run smoothly on a PC. Ask anyone that played Bioshock infinite on PC. Beautiful game, but it required endless out-of-game tweaks to fix the horrid frame rate and jittering issues, and this was wide spread. This is also the case in many situations, not just that one.

That said, the only thing you ever have to upgrade is your GPU. And even then, like I said, running on medium is no problem if you want no real improvement. However I play all my PC games on ultra, and as such need to buy a new card every couple years. (Much more financially sensible to buy a card that lasts three years for $200, than a card that lasts 5 years for $1000. Ehem, Titan.)

Also, in spite of that, the X1 is a crappy, low-end computer. You have no advantages here. A PC can do anything the X1 can, and infinitely better. It's up in the air.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
GiftedACIII: Zettai ryouiki is a much more well known internet term than thigh-highs.

User Info: sdchi

sdchi
4 years ago#14
Of course not, unless you enjoy the exclusives. It's always been that way.

User Info: Sez6

Sez6
4 years ago#15
So I went to this big departamental store to buy a new foil & cutter block for my electric shaver. I ask the employee (in his 20's) which parts are compatible with my model.

He says: lets search in the computer!
Step 1: opens internet explorer 9
step 2: put the cursor in the search bar (which is already in google)
step 3: types: "google mexico"
step 4: clic to the first link of the results
step 5: writes the number model in the search box

these people will always be able to play with a console, but you think they are capables of set up a gaming PC?

User Info: bubbas111

bubbas111
4 years ago#16
Because a PC around the same price of a console will probably require me to build it which I have no idea how to do and don't trust myself to learn from online.
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619

User Info: Zeta8890

Zeta8890
4 years ago#17
dont understand what people mean when they say they dont wanna keep upgrading parts to make a game look a certain way.If you've been playing xbox only all these years all you would have to do is put LOW and OFF in the options when you start up a game on pc and youll feel right at home

User Info: PuffPuffPastor

PuffPuffPastor
4 years ago#18
Random222 posted...
Only thing I came up with is exclusive game titles.

Aside from that I kept laughing every time they mentioned something like their amazing "snap" "feature." >.>

I recently bought a digital download copy of Dark Souls on Amazon for $7. I doubt there will be any such pricing for new OR used (fee) games on the live marketplace.

Plus access to things like the vast library of MMOs that microsoft won't touch.

Thats what I was thinking.

PC already has things like DRM, online passes and other junk, but I have no problem with it because from what I've seen the games become dirt cheap rather quickly. I think thats an acceptable trade-off.

I honestly couldnt complain about a thing if I had to deal with DRM for an older AAA title that just cost me 5 dollars. $15 with the OP included? Shut up and take my money. I could just get the worse version on console thats still $35 used for some reason.. $45 with OP.
Beep Beep...Sweep!

User Info: Random222

Random222
4 years ago#19
Zeta8890 posted...
dont understand what people mean when they say they dont wanna keep upgrading parts to make a game look a certain way.If you've been playing xbox only all these years all you would have to do is put LOW and OFF in the options when you start up a game on pc and youll feel right at home

That's what I was thinking.

The graphics mentioned on the side of the console is steady, sure... but a steady resolution with 7 year old tech behind it for the entirety.

I'm an idiot and was able to build a gaming pc. It's not fantastic but it was relatively inexpensive and took me all of a couple hours. Learning included.

User Info: Kai_Laguna

Kai_Laguna
4 years ago#20
Topic^.

Well, now that MS is going down in flames and if Sony pulls the no used thing as well, there is a chance developers might start not only supporting the Wii U, but actually doing interesting things with the controller(rather than the normal gimmicky s***). So, while maybe you should start saving up for a top of the line gaming PC, don't completely give up hope for the console market just yet.
...Yes, I did just show interest in the Wii U, and I think I need to go take a bath now.....
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived