At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

User Info: Pixx0

Pixx0
4 years ago#51
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...
a lot of people don't have the time or money to keep up with an maintain a state of the art gaming PC. A guy could play a game on his computer from 2010 and in 2013 his computer will be able to play a game from 2013 but possibly not at optimal settings.

Game consoles erase that. A 360 bought on day one, assuming it didn't red ring, can play a game that comes out in june of this year.

Computers from 2010 should have no problem maxing out 2013 games...

I bought my PC in 2010 and i cant even run new Bioshock.

blame yourself for your terrible choice for the PC, because my 2008 gaming PC can (with a 2010 graphic card upgrade) , highest settings.

*cough*

Pixx0
4 years ago#52
SirisS-G-P posted...
Yea there are plenty of reasons not to get a PC, I'll list a few.
-You prefer 720p 30FPS instead of 1080p 60FPS
-You enjoy spending more money for games which are inferior to their PC port.
-You love the fact that if the console breaks, you can't fix it yourself and have to wait to mail it in.
-You don't like cheap games. I paid $1.00 for both Alan Wake games today.
-You enjoy a smaller library of games, like ps3's 767 total games.
-You don't like Mods no matter how useful they are, like Skyrim's "no loading for cities mod" Which completely takes out loading for entering cities like White Run.
-You like to buy proprietary hardware, like Microsoft's HDD.
-You enjoy the many updates and installs you have to do before you start the game or sign in.
-and many more.

can I hug you for bringing a bit of light on those ignorant souls?

User Info: GameGrumps

GameGrumps
4 years ago#53
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...
a lot of people don't have the time or money to keep up with an maintain a state of the art gaming PC. A guy could play a game on his computer from 2010 and in 2013 his computer will be able to play a game from 2013 but possibly not at optimal settings.

Game consoles erase that. A 360 bought on day one, assuming it didn't red ring, can play a game that comes out in june of this year.

You built a pretty poopy pc then, man.
Hey I'm Grump!
And I'm not so grump!

User Info: _The_Lunch_Box_

_The_Lunch_Box_
4 years ago#54
Ya know... back in the 90s consoles where reliable. Since the PS Deuce and Xbox consoles have been breaking down more and it is common place to see a game glitch or freeze on a console. I have gone through 3 PC's I built specifically for gaming since 1999. That being said I found systems like the Gamecube and PS2 where worth owning way back when. Today, however, I am not buying a Wii U or Xbox watdufuqever or PS4. I will wait till the libraries are worth it and the systems are cheap. They are cheaply made anyways.

Reasons to own a console:
1. You are a casual player with little to no money who plays games maybe an hour a day
2. Ease of setup... though I am convinced a orangutang could build a PC.
3. Exclusives
4. Not that any of you would consider this because you never left your parents basement but a PC with let's say a 600 watt power supply in comparison to a 240 watt PS3 slim power supply takes a lot more electricity run and you will see an increase your electrical bill... not a huge jump but a jump none the less.
"Call of Bioshock: Infinitely Scripted" - Popelmaster

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
4 years ago#55
Pixx0 posted...
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...

blame yourself for your terrible choice for the PC, because my 2008 gaming PC can (with a 2010 graphic card upgrade) , highest settings.

*cough*

No way im investing more into system that gets broken ports or doesnt even get games at all like Red Read Redemption and GTA 5 that will probably come out on PC in 2050.
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.

Pixx0
4 years ago#56
That's why some of us have a gaming PC AND consoles, genius...

what's your next excuse to justify your narrow-minded view on the matter, as well as your lack of competence (or rather, the will to gain any) about PCs.

As for broken ports, that's indeed a good one seeing as how a same game can look and play differently , depending on which console it runs.

Try again, but harder this time.

btw: "I bought my PC in 2010 and i cant even run new Bioshock."

posting something like that sure is a hint; thanks for the laugh

User Info: Daz_QS

Daz_QS
4 years ago#57
SirisS-G-P posted...
Yea there are plenty of reasons not to get a PC, I'll list a few.
-You prefer 720p 30FPS instead of 1080p 60FPS
-You enjoy spending more money for games which are inferior to their PC port.
-You love the fact that if the console breaks, you can't fix it yourself and have to wait to mail it in.
-You don't like cheap games. I paid $1.00 for both Alan Wake games today.
-You enjoy a smaller library of games, like ps3's 767 total games.
-You don't like Mods no matter how useful they are, like Skyrim's "no loading for cities mod" Which completely takes out loading for entering cities like White Run.
-You like to buy proprietary hardware, like Microsoft's HDD.
-You enjoy the many updates and installs you have to do before you start the game or sign in.
-and many more.

This.
My Skyrim characters: http://i.imgur.com/r8RjUqU.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/OCAh2yq.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived