Lets hope kinect visual DRM doesnt happen.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lets hope kinect visual DRM doesnt happen.

User Info: Monkey_Fu

Monkey_Fu
4 years ago#21
@geneticsftw
One complaint was that it wasnt really an alternative, that it would cut into money movie theaters make.

User Info: Monkey_Fu

Monkey_Fu
4 years ago#22
It was discussed on destructoid, but of courses wouldn't know..... :)

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#23
Monkey_Fu posted...
It was discussed on destructoid, but of courses wouldn't know..... :)

Then show a link.
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: lokithefool

lokithefool
4 years ago#24
Monkey_Fu posted...
@lokithefool
worst? Well you should check out the responses from indie devs...not pretty

http://www.destructoid.com/devs-express-disappointment-with-xbox-one-over-twitter-254326.phtml

Well whatever it looks like Microsoft if going the route of Sega, and Nintendo is just smiling rubbing its hands together waiting to take the crown again.

User Info: Spookyryu

Spookyryu
4 years ago#25
purerage posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
"The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken," it reads.

Why do they phrase this like a punishment?

Because it is a punishment - YOU are being punished for exceeding the license you purchased...in their eyes it's like buying a copy of WIndows 8 - the license entitles you to 3 installs, if you install on a 4th machine they want you to pay up...same concept here - if you rent a movie over their streaming service and have more than 2 people in the room watching it, they want you to pay for 2 movie rentals..

please don't construe this response as me agreeing with the patent/concept, just clarifying/explaining it.

Indeed, that's what it is, but I haven't been charged before for how many people we see in a rented movie or even a movie that I damn pay for it, not even netflix will think is good idea, because I already pay for it so I can watch with all the damn neighborhood, that's why is an stupid idea.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
4 years ago#26
Whether they implement it or not, I find the pursuit of the patent to be unethical and deserving of scorn on its own.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: dearestnight

dearestnight
4 years ago#27
Even having a patent for something like that is offensive to consumers. Damn.

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#28
dearestnight posted...
Even having a patent for something like that is offensive to consumers. Damn.

I know, right? Well here's a questionable Sony one. Get out your torches and pitchforks!

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-patents-plan-to-interrupt-games-with-commercials-228023.phtml
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lets hope kinect visual DRM doesnt happen.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived