A funny reason why both consoles are a better deal than PC gaming..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A funny reason why both consoles are a better deal than PC gaming..

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#21
Ch3wy posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
That's an extreme example for the case, but anyone who says you can build a gaming PC that will be able to run the newest games for the next 8-10 years for cheaper than $500 is completely full of it.

This is true, but for someone who likes to play a lot of games spending $1000-1500 on a PC will be cheaper in the long run if you're a smart shopper.

My Steam library's value is about $2000 this point(from current retail prices of games). I didn't spend more than a few hundred bucks on it.

Not to mention, next time you need to upgrade it will be a lot cheaper.

I always subtract the base cost of the PC anyways. Since only the video card is really for gaming, everything else was needed anyways since we all need a PC in this day and age.

So, a 600 dollar PC and a 600 dollar console, or a 600 dollar PC and a 400 dollar video card.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
4 years ago#22
hakmiya posted...
No the important question is "would you use this?".

If you are a PC gamer and you are not living on welfare then its going to be a huge hell no.
The size is small, it has 1 fan, it has a limited amount of sockets and it would require modification to get proper ventilation. No one would cram any decent GPU and CPU in a POS case like that.

If I had a micro-ATX motherboard, I see no reason to not use it.
...well, maybe I would hunt for a smaller case, still nothing that really prevents me from using it.
It's small because it's a Micro-ATX. They are built to be small and one fan is enough.
Limited sockets?
What do you have that requires more than 4 5.25" Drive Bays, 3.5" Drive Bays and 7 expansion slots?
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
4 years ago#23
Anyone who bad mouths PC gaming has never owned a gaming PC, i am sorry guys it's better in basically every way.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#24
rusty12000 posted...
Anyone who bad mouths PC gaming has never owned a gaming PC, i am sorry guys it's better in basically every way.

Oh I love the excuse about how keyboard and mouse sucks.
They have other arguments, but that's the only one that can hold any water at all. And it's really just a preference and circumstance issue. Since M&Kb is better for some games, and gamepad is better for others. But they ignore that and just say PC gaming sucks because you have to use a M&Kb.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Xechs

Xechs
4 years ago#25
SinisterSlay posted...

I always subtract the base cost of the PC anyways. Since only the video card is really for gaming, everything else was needed anyways since we all need a PC in this day and age.

So, a 600 dollar PC and a 600 dollar console, or a 600 dollar PC and a 400 dollar video card.

This, the way people react that PC is used only for gaming is mind boggling.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier

User Info: MashYouGood

MashYouGood
4 years ago#26
The Master Race.

/thread

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
4 years ago#27
Well, since you need a crazy expensive OLED TV to get the most out of the PS4/X1, PC gaming is clearly the cheaper choice.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: BudWisenheimer

BudWisenheimer
4 years ago#28
Ryan-06 posted...
http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Computer-Aluminum-Unibody-TJ11-BW/dp/B004MKNNGM/?tag=logicaincrem-20

Look at that...
An empty case costs more than the entire PS4/XBO console! LOL!

"90 degree motherboard mounting"

Something about that just sounds downright dastardly.

User Info: hakmiya

hakmiya
4 years ago#29
Foppe posted...
hakmiya posted...
No the important question is "would you use this?".

If you are a PC gamer and you are not living on welfare then its going to be a huge hell no.
The size is small, it has 1 fan, it has a limited amount of sockets and it would require modification to get proper ventilation. No one would cram any decent GPU and CPU in a POS case like that.

If I had a micro-ATX motherboard, I see no reason to not use it.
...well, maybe I would hunt for a smaller case, still nothing that really prevents me from using it.
It's small because it's a Micro-ATX. They are built to be small and one fan is enough.
Limited sockets?
What do you have that requires more than 4 5.25" Drive Bays, 3.5" Drive Bays and 7 expansion slots?

Thats not the point. Just because its usable dosent mean mean its a good product.

That case is trash, end of discussion.

User Info: NCPwn

NCPwn
4 years ago#30
If you want to troll, don't steal posts from the PS3 board.
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A funny reason why both consoles are a better deal than PC gaming..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived