RROD hurting xbox One sales?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. RROD hurting xbox One sales?
SyphonFilterAddict 4 years ago#11
Bad PR and price are hurting it. MS still hasn't shown definitive proof of why the Kinect is worthy of spending another $100.
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected

User Info: Sabram

Sabram
4 years ago#12
alexismynamexx posted...
So to avoid another hardware fault ridden launch they are avoiding buying the massive console that sacrifices aesthetics for air flow and that has a lower power system and that has the power brick outside of the console.

I suppose people are going to the fan assisted mini grill that is potentially the ps4 to avoid hardware problems aswell?

maybe that was a bit strong, but any slightly tech savvy individual would see that the Xbox one is designed with the life of a set top box instead of the Xbox 360s throw it into a case and hope approach.

Have you seen 3D images of the PS4? that thing looks like more vent than case.
Official Switch Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram

User Info: DEMONPANDA212

DEMONPANDA212
4 years ago#13
NCPwn posted...
I think all manufacturing has gone down hill these days. Last gen 2 of the 3 consoles broke. Wii, and Xbox360 (RRoD). My Slim has been going strong, but who knows.

My NES and SNES, N64, GC all still work just fine.

Launch Wii, no problems. 6 360's and 3 PS3, but only 1 died (we had a feeling the other was about to go).

Brother has also had no problems with launch Wii, 5 360's and 1 PS3.

Best mate, 5 360's, 2 Wii's but no problems (sold as he hated it, then got given one as a gift, Fiancé uses it) and a lend of a PS3 so he can catch up for PS4.

He was actually when I knew MS had went too far for even mild gamers, because he outright asked me if I was ALSO getting a PS4. Considering he never owned a PS3, that was a bit shocking to me.
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
4 years ago#14
Yet sony has yet to make a good console at launch and everyone trusts them. And they don't even offer proper support, they say pay $150 for repair. weird

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
4 years ago#15
bob15x posted...
Yet sony has yet to make a good console at launch and everyone trusts them. And they don't even offer proper support, they say pay $150 for repair. weird

Lol nice try bro you tried lol
killerinstinctonline

User Info: WartPig_

WartPig_
4 years ago#16
im waiting 2 years minimum before i get either. the PS2 killed confidence in sony consoles and rrod killed me on MS. my vita is doing well but we shall see how long that last. i expect the sticks to start "drifting" before too long.
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
SyphonFilterAddict 4 years ago#17
chiefofsb78 posted...
bob15x posted...

Lol nice try bro you tried lol

I had a couple PS2s break on me and Sony wouldn't repair them. 1 was a disc read error and other couldn't connect to Internet even after I swapped 2 different modems when SOCOM came out. After that, I went Xbox for majority of my games. I won my 360 through the Mountain Dew contest and MS still replaced my 3RLOD 360. Upgraded to slim model and had zero problems since.
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected

User Info: zinsindetta

zinsindetta
4 years ago#18
I am sure with all the trouble Mircosoft had with the 360 RROD it would make them try a lot harder to make sure that would not happen again. That actually makes me feel better about the Xbox One.
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta

User Info: gobuffalo30

gobuffalo30
4 years ago#19
zinsindetta posted...
I am sure with all the trouble Mircosoft had with the 360 RROD it would make them try a lot harder to make sure that would not happen again. That actually makes me feel better about the Xbox One.

I thought the same too when I bought a slim, that only lasted a couple months more than each of my original 360s. It wasn't the RROD but it still died a few weeks ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. RROD hurting xbox One sales?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived