Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

User Info: Artvandelay1984

Artvandelay1984
4 years ago#1
Debating going digital with my one. However I wont go completely digital if it means contributing to putting people out of work.

User Info: bessy67

bessy67
4 years ago#2
Well Gamestop contributes to putting developers out of work, so...
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
4 years ago#3
I desperately hope that digital redemption codes are sold in retail stores (preferably more than just GameStop).

I want to go all digital because I see value in that, but that means giving up reward zone points, coupons, "competitive" pricing between BBY/Target/Amazon, etc.... and that just sucks.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Artvandelay1984

Artvandelay1984
4 years ago#4
Good point about the game developers

User Info: HellsController

HellsController
4 years ago#5
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking bad games did that.
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.

User Info: cpcjlc3

cpcjlc3
4 years ago#6
Would be nice to be able to get store specific preorder content with digital copies.

User Info: SilentS89

SilentS89
4 years ago#7
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking publishers did that.

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
4 years ago#8
They do redeem cards for things like DLC, but I don't think I've seen anything of the sort for actual games. That is something they should get on.
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
4 years ago#9
Orange_Apples posted...
They do redeem cards for things like DLC, but I don't think I've seen anything of the sort for actual games. That is something they should get on.

Aren't those just the points though? I thought they were just enough points to buy that content.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: kwijeebou

kwijeebou
4 years ago#10
bessy67 posted...

And here I thought pirating did that
Yo dawg, I heard you like Macs, so I cut the brakes in your car.
GT: DiscoNRhyme
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived