Whatever happened to Gears of War?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whatever happened to Gears of War?

User Info: fretless58

fretless58
3 years ago#11
Foxx3k posted...
fretless58 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
I thought Epic was off of Gears, though, and onto an original IP.

If that's true, then the guy I know buying the Xbone is buying it for one franchise that isn't even present on it.

You're making a leap of logic. Bungie is off of Halo, but Halo games are still coming out.

I think Epic owns the rights to Gears while Microsoft just published it, but Microsoft owns Halo so they could have anyone they want develop it.
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/

User Info: Donuts_R_Good

Donuts_R_Good
3 years ago#12
Judgment came out and basically killed the series. It was so damn awful.
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#13
fretless58 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
fretless58 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
I thought Epic was off of Gears, though, and onto an original IP.

If that's true, then the guy I know buying the Xbone is buying it for one franchise that isn't even present on it.

You're making a leap of logic. Bungie is off of Halo, but Halo games are still coming out.

I think Epic owns the rights to Gears while Microsoft just published it, but Microsoft owns Halo so they could have anyone they want develop it.

Ah, from what I can tell you're right. Looks like the VP of Epic made the claim that they own the "Gears of War" intellectual property.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Whatever happened to Gears of War?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived