Do you think there is no need for an Xbox One with a gaming PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think there is no need for an Xbox One with a gaming PC?

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#1
Take TitanFall for an example, releasing on PC at the same time. (Xbox One Exclusive). I have a feeling Microsoft with the release of the new Direct X variation only in Windows 8.1 will funnel the Xbox exclusives over to PC in order to crank up those Windows 8 sales.

PC getting the other Halos soon also, so PC probably get Halo 5 as well. Seems to be a trend starting. Thoughts?

I hope my guess work is right because that would save me $500(Cost of the Xbox One)
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
4 years ago#2
Well, on one hand, you're right there is a trend. There's a trend of Microsoft not releasing core Halo games on the PC.

Is there a need for an Xbox One with a gaming PC? Not really - only for Halo or Gears, or if you have kids, or if you're drawn into the NFL stuff, or if you have "parties" and stuff ...

There could easily be a want or desire, though. I have a PC but I still have a 360, PS3, and I preordered PS4 and Xbox One.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: XtremeWRATH360

XtremeWRATH360
4 years ago#3
I have a top notch gaming PC and have very little interest in XB1 as i would only have it for exclusives all multiplatforms go right to PC, but i still want an XB1 once they give me a kinectless version.
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag

User Info: triple s

triple s
4 years ago#4
I have a pretty damn good PC, but I will never say I can live without a console. I know the X1 will have games that I can't play on PC and I'm one that prefers playing games on Xbox Live more than I do online on PC so a game like Titanfall would most likely be bought on the X1 for me even though I buy most multiplatform games on PC.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#5
I PC game at 2560x1440, not going to lose that for a console.
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#6
PC is great, but I know there will be tons up on tons of games skipping PC.

You want to play everything?
Get everything.

That's my plan.
Being shocked why a console can't perform on the same level of PC is like being shocked why a pickup truck isn't on the same level as a train.

User Info: BrokenIcarus

BrokenIcarus
4 years ago#7
Well if you don't mind waiting for Halo, I'm sure 1440p gaming will treat you just fine ;)

User Info: chrisromans123

chrisromans123
4 years ago#8
I feel the like there isn't right now anyways. I got a pretty good gaming pc, and the two games that X1 has right now that I want (titanfall, and project spark) are both going to be on PC. I'm still not sure if I want to get an X1 now or wait a few years for a slim model and price drop.
XDAO Romans

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
4 years ago#9
If you don't use six 1080p monitors running at 120hz with v-sync at 120fps linked with Eyefininty then I don't know how you can call yourself a PC gamer.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Faendryl

Faendryl
4 years ago#10
http://www.csloh.com/research/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/eyefinity-2411.jpg
3570k@4.9GHz Delid | Asrock Extreme6 | G.Skill 16GB | MSI R7950 TF3 1200/1575 | Corsair TX750W | Cosmos S
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=907670
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you think there is no need for an Xbox One with a gaming PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived