The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

It might seem minor to some Xbox people, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. It might seem minor to some Xbox people, but...

User Info: ImThe8thWonder

ImThe8thWonder
3 years ago#1
...but I was really bummed that I won't be allowed to swap out my HDD in the system with some universal, non-proprietary HDD. Hell, I'd honestly even be happier with the ability to swap it out with proprietary HDDs if I could. Wouldn't be awesome, but it would be at least better than not having to ability to swap it out at all.

And before someone says it, I know I can use an external HDD. Personally, I don't like to do that. I don't think MS really had much to lose by letting us swap the HDD out at all.

User Info: JusticeSword

JusticeSword
3 years ago#2
If they can charge you for something, they will.
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please

User Info: pblimp360

pblimp360
3 years ago#3
I think this is a large non-issue.
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
3 years ago#4
pblimp360 posted...
I think this is a large non-issue.

If the HDD was large, it would be a non-issue.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: HeavyLight

HeavyLight
3 years ago#5
just play your games with external hdd or uninstall it
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

User Info: xFrostxPhoenix

xFrostxPhoenix
3 years ago#6
You have unlimited storage: http://www.informationweek.com/cloud-computing/platform/xbox-one-to-offer-unlimited-cloud-storag/240159089

This will last you until External HDDs are compatible.
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.

User Info: James_4ort

James_4ort
3 years ago#7
HeavyLight posted...
just play your games with external hdd or uninstall it

yea but USB 3.0 is still 4x slower than using a standard SATA HDD...
So there is another problem.. Games will take forever to Save and Load on an external HD.

I would suggest using your internal for just your games and your external for media.
But with the XBone you wont be able to use the external drive right away..

so... :/
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
3 years ago#8
I don't know how to feel about this. 500GB seems small, but my 250GB HD on my X360 slim isn't even close to being full. I haven't had less than 100GB free in 4 years, so it all depends on how much space a next gen game takes.
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#9
I'm less concerned about size and more concerned about how much smoother the experience could be with an SSD.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
3 years ago#10
yiangaruuuga posted...
You have unlimited storage: http://www.informationweek.com/cloud-computing/platform/xbox-one-to-offer-unlimited-cloud-storag/240159089

This will last you until External HDDs are compatible.

That won't work for game installs, which is what I believe is the TC's main concern.. unless I am mistaken.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. It might seem minor to some Xbox people, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived