Anybody else wish they had kept the 360's rotating D-Pad design?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anybody else wish they had kept the 360's rotating D-Pad design?

User Info: DarkReign2022

DarkReign2022
4 years ago#1
Honestly, all of the praise I've seen and heard for the new controller, this is really the only complaint I have about it. A lot of other people hated the original 360 D-Pad, understandably, but the rotating pad addressed this issue perfectly and left the 8-directional input intact. How am I supposed to play 3D fighting games like Dead or Alive 6, Tekken 7, and Soul Calibur with 360 degree input combos when the new D-Pad only goes in 4 directions? Analog sticks simply aren't comfortable and are too unwieldy for the precise nature of a fighter.

User Info: TurtlePowah

TurtlePowah
4 years ago#2
It's the opposite 360 moves are WAY easier to do on a 4 D pad buttons. If it really bothers you though buy a Arcade Joystick.

User Info: don_banana

don_banana
4 years ago#3
Clearly tc doesn't remember or wasn't born before we had analogue sticks as standard on our control pads
PSN: donbanana
XBOX 360 : Don Banana

User Info: RollnThunder213

RollnThunder213
4 years ago#4
I think this dpad solves all the problems.

For those that hated the disc, it's 4 directional with no chance of hitting in between and the wrong direction.

For those that either liked the disc or found it useful in some situations, it's slightly recessed in a bowl like cut out. So rolling around from one to the other still won't be all that difficult.
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anybody else wish they had kept the 360's rotating D-Pad design?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived