Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?

User Info: _Fluffy_Q-Tip_

_Fluffy_Q-Tip_
3 years ago#1
First, I must clarify that I understand that it will play games, and advertisements wont prevent that. I am just looking back to how the 360 dashboard pretty much went from a non eyesore NXE/KXE to whatever the current, windows8-tablet-style ad hell it is now, and I cannot help but wonder if the new xbox will continue that trend?
ADMIT IT! You find me simply irresistible. You can't imagine a day passing by without me working your holes. The time you spend with me is the best of your life

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
3 years ago#2
It was designed with advertising in mind, They've stated that clearly.
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator

User Info: sdchi

sdchi
3 years ago#3
Nope, although thats something the Sony fanboys/trolls/weeaboos love to claim.

User Info: Lovecraftiangod

Lovecraftiangod
3 years ago#4
Yes it will
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft

User Info: Zheakk

Zheakk
3 years ago#5
I can't say anything for the XB1, but I've never really understood the complaints about the 360 dashboards current set up. I only ever see one "ad" on my dashboard and it's one tiny square shoved all the way down into the corner.

User Info: CyberneticRat

CyberneticRat
3 years ago#6
It must be different in the US but here in Asia, the dashboard advertises only games.
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts

User Info: PowerOfTheCloud

PowerOfTheCloud
3 years ago#7
The dashboard is terrible now. It's like it's made for touch screens/kinect. Especially when you now have to search for games and they make you use the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz layout instead of the popup keyboard which is way faster.
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook

User Info: Millertime660

Millertime660
3 years ago#8
I am totally fine with the ads on my 360..... they always have marketplace advertisements, but they usually are games on sale/other deals. Ive saved some moolah because of them.

+1 for ads!

User Info: embrandedone

embrandedone
3 years ago#9
It's a 'core part' of the experience. I thought this was common knowledge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board

User Info: SilentS89

SilentS89
3 years ago#10
NeoMonk posted...
It was designed with advertising in mind, They've stated that clearly.

Exactly, this isn't a conspiracy, Microsoft proudly admits this.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it a foregone conclusion that Xbone will be another advertisement machine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived