MS's Albert Penello on Kinect ads

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS's Albert Penello on Kinect ads

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
3 years ago#21
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
lilj812 posted...
Make customers pay and give them ads, lots of them. Stay classy Microsoft.

Btw, xbox one fans, have fun ignoring all those ads. Better hope you don't scroll over one and get your ears blasted out by "Duracell!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/29/business/media/sony-begins-upfront-sales-of-ads-for-playstation-3.html?_r=1&

lilj ignores those links.
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx

User Info: Exodus_Prime

Exodus_Prime
3 years ago#22
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
lilj812 posted...
Make customers pay and give them ads, lots of them. Stay classy Microsoft.

Btw, xbox one fans, have fun ignoring all those ads. Better hope you don't scroll over one and get your ears blasted out by "Duracell!"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/29/business/media/sony-begins-upfront-sales-of-ads-for-playstation-3.html?_r=1&

Ha nice, maybe 8thwonder will want to read your link too.
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.

User Info: embrandedone

embrandedone
3 years ago#23
Whenever you hear Penellow 'clarifying' something, take a hint and run for the hills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board

User Info: 0TiamaT0

0TiamaT0
3 years ago#24
I'm waiting a year to get a new console. If Microsoft decides to offer a One without the Kinect, I'll seriously consider it over the PS4.

I'm not one of those paranoid idiots that's worried about spying, I just don't want to deal with the thing. Motion controls should have been left for the casuals and douchebag hipsters, not forced on the gaming community at large.

If Microsoft ever figures that out, they'll probably make a whole lot more money...

User Info: BloodyDove2vs

BloodyDove2vs
3 years ago#25
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages once before. Just as Microsoft changed their original plans for the Xbox One.
Microsoft please stop deploying your rep. to the forums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 years ago#26
0TiamaT0 posted...
I'm waiting a year to get a new console. If Microsoft decides to offer a One without the Kinect, I'll seriously consider it over the PS4.

I'm not one of those paranoid idiots that's worried about spying, I just don't want to deal with the thing. Motion controls should have been left for the casuals and douchebag hipsters, not forced on the gaming community at large.

If Microsoft ever figures that out, they'll probably make a whole lot more money...

Even Nintendo has pretty much dropped the whole motion controls thing. Sony and Nintendo are keeping the motion controls because they know some people love them, but MS is betting the whole division on it.

I like Kinect, but it just hasn't proven itself outside of dancing/fitness games. those pics of BF4 and people not standing in range of the Kinect worry me.

You'd figure they would have set it up to be the ideal situations for playing the games.
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: 0TiamaT0

0TiamaT0
3 years ago#27
Orange_Apples posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...

Even Nintendo has pretty much dropped the whole motion controls thing. Sony and Nintendo are keeping the motion controls because they know some people love them, but MS is betting the whole division on it.

I like Kinect, but it just hasn't proven itself outside of dancing/fitness games. those pics of BF4 and people not standing in range of the Kinect worry me.

You'd figure they would have set it up to be the ideal situations for playing the games.

After seeing the motion controls crammed into games for the Wii whether they worked or not, I won't take the chance either. Plus, the very idea of playing Battlefield 4 with anything but a controller makes me cringe...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. MS's Albert Penello on Kinect ads

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived