wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
4 years ago#1
of all the dog memes after the xbox reveal as well as the thought of getting "boned" for buying one?

never thought people called it Xbone as a legitimate shortcut/nickname. always thought "X1" was the obvious/smarter choice
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: Draconas_Lyrr

Draconas_Lyrr
4 years ago#2
I think Xbone rolls off the tongue better than X1.
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.

User Info: SavageTrooper

SavageTrooper
4 years ago#3
jellybeanmaster posted...
of all the dog memes after the xbox reveal as well as the thought of getting "boned" for buying one?

never thought people called it Xbone as a legitimate shortcut/nickname. always thought "X1" was the obvious/smarter choice

X1 is a car made by BMW. X1 is also a new service from Comcast.

User Info: jellybeanmaster

jellybeanmaster
4 years ago#4
but nicknaming after a dog treat doesnt sound odd??
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: WestSdeNleVrus

WestSdeNleVrus
4 years ago#5
XBox One was a crap name to begin with so it was immediately doomed to have a crap abbreviation. It's basically XBone cause of process of elimination....

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
4 years ago#6
Speaking as a proponent of the console, anyone who finds the nickname "xbone" offensive needs to get thicker skin. It's just a nickname. Not a particularly witty or offensive one at that. Get over it. Embrace it. It's not going away.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: mrpic

mrpic
4 years ago#7
i personally see

xbone = Cross bones

so i dislike it and find it like most things on this board an attack on microsoft by sony fans

User Info: icelt

icelt
4 years ago#8
mrpic posted...
i personally see

xbone = Cross bones

so i dislike it and find it like most things on this board an attack on microsoft by sony fans

You realize Microsoft attacked itself right? The Japanese have a historical term for what MS metaphorically did with their E3 showing... it is called seppuku.
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif
(message deleted)

User Info: TreasureHunterG

TreasureHunterG
4 years ago#10
They must have intended for it to be abbreviated as XBOne, otherwise MS wouldn't have named it the X Box One.
http://i.imgur.com/GqJTaKQ.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. wait...the term "Xbone" was not because....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived