So is a converter cable coming for current gen headsets?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So is a converter cable coming for current gen headsets?

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
4 years ago#1
I remember there was some talk going on about this but I don't remember whether it was confirmed or not.

I'm thinking about buying one of the top of the line headsets to use with the Xbox one on release day. So I obviously want to know if I will be able to use it or just be wasting money.

Any info would be great! Thanks

User Info: SVT52986

SVT52986
4 years ago#2
The adapter was mentioned a few months ago so that you could use current headsets on the One and have chat functionality. I have heard nothing recent in regards to a price or actual release date. I am almost betting that it wont be out before November 22nd so those people that want a headset will buy either the two coming from Turtle Beach or the new one from Polk Audio. I mean if the adapter came out before the 22nd it would pretty much kill any sales of those headsets. Not many people would buy a headset designed for only a single console when you could buy a current model that works on various platforms. Since I want a headset day one that will work for audio and chat I preordered the Turtle Beach XO7 model.

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
4 years ago#3
SVT52986 posted...
The adapter was mentioned a few months ago so that you could use current headsets on the One and have chat functionality. I have heard nothing recent in regards to a price or actual release date. I am almost betting that it wont be out before November 22nd so those people that want a headset will buy either the two coming from Turtle Beach or the new one from Polk Audio. I mean if the adapter came out before the 22nd it would pretty much kill any sales of those headsets. Not many people would buy a headset designed for only a single console when you could buy a current model that works on various platforms. Since I want a headset day one that will work for audio and chat I preordered the Turtle Beach XO7 model.

Thanks, I thought it was confirmed but I wish they would come out and say whether it will be available at release

I currently have the turtle beach xp400's and wondering if I should upgrade
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So is a converter cable coming for current gen headsets?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived