4K console gaming starts on Xbone in CoD Ghosts at launch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 4K console gaming starts on Xbone in CoD Ghosts at launch

User Info: HENTAIDOJI

HENTAIDOJI
3 years ago#1
http://www.oxm.co.uk/64778/call-of-duty-ghosts-has-fantastic-graphics-on-xbox-one-reiterates-infinity-ward/

Since 4k tvs are only 30 fps, for Xbone games I am buying 2, one for each eyeball.
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#2
I think they are just playing a power point presentation.

At 4K the game would be a slideshow.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: BrokenIcarus

BrokenIcarus
3 years ago#3
Have fun man, 2160p scales perfectly to 720p. Every pixel is now mapped to 9 pixels. A lot easier than mapping it to about 2.2 on a 1080p panel ;)

I hope you don't really believe that you'll be able to play COD in any resolution higher than 1280*720

User Info: khardbored

khardbored
3 years ago#4
I love the Xbox One and all but there is no way it can do Ghosts at 4K. This won't start happening until the generation after this, or a later version of a Steam box perhaps.
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */

User Info: Rybal

Rybal
3 years ago#5
I'm not sure where you get that the game is being played at 4k. Just because it's on a 4k TV doesn't mean that the game itself is 4k.
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade

User Info: RebelGameMaster

RebelGameMaster
3 years ago#6
Did you guys preorder the prestige edition?

No?

Then topic is officially CLOSED!
:)

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 years ago#7
I claim BS because PCs can't do 4k resolution with only a single GPU. The XB1 is rumored to only have 1.

User Info: Exodus_Prime

Exodus_Prime
3 years ago#8
I claim BS because NeoGaf didn't speculate on it.
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.

User Info: Blackout797

Blackout797
3 years ago#9
khardbored posted...
I love the Xbox One and all but there is no way it can do Ghosts at 4K. This won't start happening until the generation after this, or a later version of a Steam box perhaps.

This

Plus not a whole lot of people have 4K TVs (due to high price) so we won't be seeing 4K built games for a long time

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#10
lightningbugx posted...
I claim BS because PCs can't do 4k resolution with only a single GPU. The XB1 is rumored to only have 1.

The new R9 290X can do 30FPS at 4K.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/23/amd_radeon_r9_290x_video_card_review
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 4K console gaming starts on Xbone in CoD Ghosts at launch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived