The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

CBOAT: ESRAM will get better! (He brings good news for once)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. CBOAT: ESRAM will get better! (He brings good news for once)

User Info: benjimain

benjimain
3 years ago#1
So, our dear MS employee actually has some good news to bring for the Xbox One for once:

Cboat-ian script:

yaes. Ripend tools helalp. Dvoper familiarty 2. same thihg ocuredwithn ps3cel last tme rou^nd.

@@#ESRMA is handicap prob for now but workarohd wil cume.

Hdwaarwe powr is alwysa behnd tho. never chagns,ing. wo cpomlet HW upate. 900-720p wil be norm. gamwes wil be goud !!thoug and that hwath mat ers. just struggle mre to wok on xon.

I hgu you friend flesh itw alget bettr I promise (:

English translation

Yes. Ripened tools help. Developer familiarity, too. Same thing occurred with PS3 and Cell last time around.

ESRAM is a handicap for now but a workaround will come.

Hardware power is always behind though. Never changing without a complete hardware update. 900-720p will be the norm. The games will be good though, and that's what matters. They'll just struggle more to work on the Xbox One.

I hug you friend Flash. It will get better, I promise.

benjimain
3 years ago#2
Also, I'm not sure if from CBOAT or some other tech insider, but the hardware differences have now been fully disclosed with advantage to each respective console highlighted:

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +300%

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
3 years ago#3
benjimain posted...
Also, I'm not sure if from CBOAT or some other tech insider, but the hardware differences have now been fully disclosed with advantage to each respective console highlighted:

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +300%

Damnnn
I don't conform to social convention

User Info: Pokebaldy

Pokebaldy
3 years ago#4
A link will be nice and will boost your credibility by a lot, but those are some interesting numbers @_@

benjimain
3 years ago#5
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170711

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 years ago#6
The PS4 may have more processing power at its disposal, but will it be able to use it?
(message deleted)

User Info: 120N7

120N7
3 years ago#8
Considering Forza and NBA 2K14 are both 1080p and run at a confirmed 60fps. I don't see how it is a hardware limitation.

User Info: Pokebaldy

Pokebaldy
3 years ago#9
benjimain posted...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170711

Oh interesting, it seems like more gloom and doom to me, basically confirming the Xbox One will never be able to compete with PS4 in terms of hardware. 720/900 fps compared to 1080 fps for (the rest of the console) life man.

User Info: straymatter

straymatter
3 years ago#10
This is only the main GPU, a considerable portion of the graphics processing is offloaded to special purpose process cores to save GPU and CPU.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. CBOAT: ESRAM will get better! (He brings good news for once)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived