I played Forza Motorsport 5, 1080p/60FPS CONFIRMED BUT...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I played Forza Motorsport 5, 1080p/60FPS CONFIRMED BUT...

User Info: iPr0kkaFTW

iPr0kkaFTW
3 years ago#1
It is lacking anti-aliasing... I'll explain why.

Today, I spent a good hour or so playing Forza Motorsport 5 today at my buddy's place who has a white Xbox One (I Made This) Edition. I must say, I was very impressed but there was something I found problematic, the JAGGIES. You'll notice right away during gameplay. The vehicle looks crisp and surreal looking but the buildings, certain objects or the environment altogether looked like a jagfest.

I keep seeing topics around here with screenshots showing Forza has aliasing issues and unfortunately it is true. It runs at 1080p/60FPS but comes with a cost and that is the lack of anti-aliasing.

Now this is where it gets interesting. I decided to go to video settings and change the output resolution to 720p rather than 1080p. When I started up Forza again, the game was running at 720p according to the HDTV display. Oddly enough the game has some form of anti-aliasing masking all the jaggies that was plaguing on 1080p. It was visually smoother but blurrier due to the lower resolution. Still running smoothly at 60FPS.

Yes I'm a graphics whore (also a proclaimed PC elitist) but it didn't bother me much. You won't notice the jaggies because you're constantly playing in motion. If I had to choose between playing 1080p or 720p, absolutely 1080p. Everything looked crystal clear and I mean really sharp looking whereas 720p looked smooth but fuzzy.

User Info: BudWisenheimer

BudWisenheimer
3 years ago#2
Which build is it?

User Info: PsychoGates

PsychoGates
3 years ago#3
Yep I played at the Chicago event and I can agree, the game looks impressive but there looked to be no anti aliasing at all

iPr0kkaFTW
3 years ago#4
BudWisenheimer posted...
Which build is it?

Retail edition.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#5
Surprising that any Xbox One game would have jaggies like that when Xbox 360 games so commonly used a form of FXAA, which has effectively negligible processing requirements.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: BudWisenheimer

BudWisenheimer
3 years ago#6
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Which build is it?

Retail edition.

Oh man. You fooled me. I thought this was a serious topic. Never mind. Have fun. :-)

User Info: Excal1bur

Excal1bur
3 years ago#7
Really pathetic trolling attempt

iPr0kkaFTW
3 years ago#8
Fooled you? I can post pictures tomorrow if you want me to showing the retail version (case and all) along with my buddy's white Xbox One.

User Info: MrZone

MrZone
3 years ago#9
BudWisenheimer posted...
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Which build is it?

Retail edition.

Oh man. You fooled me. I thought this was a serious topic. Never mind. Have fun. :-)

Denial is strong.

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
3 years ago#10
In the case that it's true, which it's becoming increasingly apparent it ISN'T, I wonder if there's actually some sort of downsampling-ish effect going on.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I played Forza Motorsport 5, 1080p/60FPS CONFIRMED BUT...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived