The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Can I watch tv and play a game at the same time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I watch tv and play a game at the same time?

User Info: donttrysohard

donttrysohard
3 years ago#1
Haven't followed to closely and everyone seems to downplay the tv features in the threads I read.
Wondering if this can be done like picture in picture
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#2
I know you can watch YouTube videos at the same time. Not sure about TV specifically, but I'd say it's safe to assume
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: mrshowtime333

mrshowtime333
3 years ago#3
My understanding is no. You can snap back and forth. But I believe TV and Games cant be snapped on the screen together.

Im happy to be able to jump back and forth instantly. Theres always situation where I wanna see the end of a football game or something.

User Info: Theninja2004

Theninja2004
3 years ago#4
Aceybongos said you can snap tv while playing. It was to a reply he got in twitter.

Personally i can't wait to use it, my old tv did PiP great but this one doesn't so now i can play forza or DR while the football is on in the corner
Gamertag : Slashingwind

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
3 years ago#5
Theninja2004 posted...
Aceybongos said you can snap tv while playing. It was to a reply he got in twitter.

Personally i can't wait to use it, my old tv did PiP great but this one doesn't so now i can play forza or DR while the football is on in the corner

I hope so. PIP seems to be a missing feature from most newer tv sets.
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

User Info: Dev0311

Dev0311
3 years ago#6
No but you can do this with a Wii U. Great feature. Watch TV and play CoD online at the same time.

donttrysohard
3 years ago#7
Theninja2004 posted...

That's exactly how I was thinking. Basketball just started and I can keep the game on while playing

donttrysohard
3 years ago#8
Bump

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
3 years ago#9
Dev0311 posted...
No but you can do this with a Wii U. Great feature. Watch TV and play CoD online at the same time.

Do you have a link that says you cant do that on the Xbox One? I find it weird that you are the only one that flatout said no but didnt provide a source to backup your claim.
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx

User Info: SpidermanThread

SpidermanThread
3 years ago#10
Jiggy101011 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Do you have a link that says you cant do that on the Xbox One? I find it weird that you are the only one that flatout said no but didnt provide a source to backup your claim.

He means offscreen play on gamepad during regular tv.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can I watch tv and play a game at the same time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived