Very curious to see how Titanfall reviews.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Very curious to see how Titanfall reviews.

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
3 years ago#1
Not so much because I'm interested in the game itself but in how reviewers tackle a game of this nature (Multiplayer only).

Take IGN's and Gamespots reviews of Battlefeild 4 for example. IGN: 8.5 Gamespot: 8.
Basically the only real negative they had to say was that the campaign was short and lacklustre. They both took somewhere between 1-2 points of the final score because of this.

Does that mean that Titanfall automatically loses 1-2 points or is it judged on a different system?

What do you guys think?

User Info: stawg007

stawg007
3 years ago#2
I think it will score very high and don't expect the non campaign thing to be an issue

Tbh I'd rather have a multiplayer focused game drop the single player if it's just gonna be tacked on, same with a single player focused game tacking on a multiplayer
lPayneToTheMaxl

User Info: stevieb1234567

stevieb1234567
3 years ago#3
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: mmm_BabyBoy

mmm_BabyBoy
3 years ago#4
Good question. I wonder if BF4 would have received better scores had it not included SP at all.

I know Shadowrun was MP only and it lost a bunch of points, not only from reviewers, but from gamers as well. The MP was/is incredible though, so if the same holds true, I'd expect Titanfall to lose a point or two for no SP.

User Info: Mmaguy

Mmaguy
3 years ago#5
stevieb1234567 posted...
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.

Links?

User Info: Evoco

Evoco
3 years ago#6
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Yes please provide some links.

I have 17 days left to cancel my Xbox One.

I almost did after the whole resolution fiasco.

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.

User Info: Dionysus

Dionysus
3 years ago#7
I think it does have a lower ceiling because it is multi only, but the hype will keep it above 8.5/10. The media can't hype a game like this and then pull the rug out. I'm thinking 9/10.

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
3 years ago#8
mmm_BabyBoy posted...
Good question. I wonder if BF4 would have received better scores had it not included SP at all.

I know Shadowrun was MP only and it lost a bunch of points, not only from reviewers, but from gamers as well. The MP was/is incredible though, so if the same holds true, I'd expect Titanfall to lose a point or two for no SP.

At least one person has grasped what this topic in about haha.

User Info: ripvision

ripvision
3 years ago#9
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.

Both Titanfall and Ghosts will available for the 360 - take that into consideration.

User Info: Evoco

Evoco
3 years ago#10
ripvision posted...
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Both Titanfall and Ghosts will available for the 360 - take that into consideration.

Yes, you are very right and have taken it into consideration, but I think of it as experiencing fresh out of the box on a next-gen system instead of the current gen. I want to experience any cross gen game on the next gen as much as possible.

I have the expendable cash for the Xbone.

It really doesn't make much sense for me to get an Xbone now, besides it being "getting it because I can"...but there is the argument that I would want one down the line anyway, and I don't see it dropping in price anytime soon (within 1-2 years)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Very curious to see how Titanfall reviews.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived