Forza 5 demo impressions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forza 5 demo impressions

User Info: REAL_kielbasa

REAL_kielbasa
3 years ago#1
I just tried out the Forza 5 demo at a Microsoft store. 1 lap on the Laguna Seca raceway. A MS rep selects the car then hands you the controller at the start of the race.

Graphics:
- 1080p 60FPS is very nice. Other than that, it doesn't look much better than Forza 4. Although I didn't get to play around with replays/photo mode
- lack of anisotropic filtering is unfortunately very apparent. Ground textures are noticeably blurry

Gameplay:
- if you played Forza 3 or 4, you know exactly what to expect

Other:
- the controller is awesome. Very comfortable and the force feedback in the triggers is really neat. Will definitely pick one up for PC games even if I never get an X1
- loading times are HORRIBLE. 30+ seconds to load a track

Anybody else get to try it yet?
Ponies GTFO

User Info: Dev0311

Dev0311
3 years ago#2
30 seconds to load a track? Wow. At least there are only 14 tracks to load.
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...

User Info: QuinnandGoblin

QuinnandGoblin
3 years ago#3
Yeh the demos of forza showing that track have shocking load times, closer to 45 seconds to a minute in most cases. It is a demo station though, may be improved somewhat with final game installed to HDD.
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393

User Info: REAL_kielbasa

REAL_kielbasa
3 years ago#4
QuinnandGoblin posted...
Yeh the demos of forza showing that track have shocking load times, closer to 45 seconds to a minute in most cases. It is a demo station though, may be improved somewhat with final game installed to HDD.

Are the demos running straight off a disc? I can't imagine why they'd do it that way.
Ponies GTFO
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forza 5 demo impressions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived