Dead Rising 3 or Ryse

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Dead Rising 3 or Ryse

User Info: TheM00d

TheM00d
3 years ago#1
I've been flip flopping between both games and I'm trying to get a sense of what ayone who is getting either is thinking about them.

I've played DR2 and while entertaining, it just didn't seem to justify a $60 dollar purchase which is why I rented it. I like the fact that there is no race against the clock so you truly have the freedom to do what you want but it still seems kind of, meh.

I know a lot of the concerns people have with Ryse and I don't plan on getting it for the multiplayer. I really just want to see what it offers. The combat looks shallow but it still looks like a game that is a little different from the norm. I also want to see how much of the HRE is actually a part of this game since it's a really interesting time period for me.

I currently have Ryse pre-ordered after I cancelled DR3 but I'm starting to think about switching back again. Any opinions?
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG

User Info: Gingarito

Gingarito
3 years ago#2
Get both treat yourself :)

Ive personally gone for Dead Rising 3 as I am huge fan of the series. But the more I see of Ryse the more it takes my intrest. Maybe wait for the reviews to make your mind up.
Currently playing -GTA V
Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment .Pre ordered THE ONE!

User Info: Banana_Mana

Banana_Mana
3 years ago#3
Gingarito posted...

Ive personally gone for Dead Rising 3 as I am huge fan of the series. But the more I see of Ryse the more it takes my intrest. Maybe wait for the reviews to make your mind up.

This...

Exactly.

Ryse is starting to look good - trying not to pre-order, but as each day goes by it gets more difficult.
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com

User Info: CyberneticRat

CyberneticRat
3 years ago#4
Dead Rising 3 is part of an already established franchise so you roughly know what to expect from it. Ryse is completely new so that's a bit harder to judge.

If you're really unsure, you should wait until reviews pop up for both and decide then.
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#5
Probably should read this TC, if you enjoy 16-20 fps in your games, DR3 should be up your ally

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600

User Info: rosseeles

rosseeles
3 years ago#6
DR3.

Im sorry but i still cant get excited about Ryse, yes it looks great, but the gameplay for me looks pretty dull. Id rather have DR3 with worse graphics but better (appearing) gameplay

User Info: FriedLemon

FriedLemon
3 years ago#7
If you've played DR2 and it wasn't to your liking then I'd stick with Ryse, at least it's something new. I played DR/DR2 to death and these DR3 videos showed nothing new. Got bored just watching it to be honest. DR3 is just DR/DR2 with a new coat of paint.

But then again you seem to have issues with Ryse too so yeah I'd wait for the reviews.

User Info: futureops

futureops
3 years ago#8
Banana_Mana posted...
Gingarito posted...

This...

Exactly.

Ryse is starting to look good - trying not to pre-order, but as each day goes by it gets more difficult.

Ryse is looking good because of Crytek.I was a Crytek fan.Ryse for me.

User Info: TheM00d

TheM00d
3 years ago#9
I thought about getting both but i'll already be getting BF4 ACIV and KI at launch as well. I actually might end up getting both eventually but for launch I wanted to get at least one title that I wasn't going to be able to get anywhere else. I'm off to work so I'll have to check for responses later tonight when I get home.

EDIT: Nice try Xeeh bitz
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG

User Info: kidwgm

kidwgm
3 years ago#10
Get both! I'm hoping Amazon or Target does the b2g1f like they did for the ps4. That way I can get an extra game in.
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Dead Rising 3 or Ryse

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived